It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim daubs war memorial - UK - Walks Free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk - 30th April 2010

A Muslim protester who daubed a war memorial with graffiti glorifying Osama Bin Laden and proclaiming 'Islam will dominate the world' walked free from court after prosecutors ruled his actions were not motivated by religion. Tohseef Shah, 21, could have faced a tougher sentence if the court had accepted that the insults - which included a threat to kill the Prime Minister - were inspired by religious hatred. But - citing a loophole in the law - the Crown Prosecution Service chose not to charge him with that offence and he escaped with only a two-year conditional discharge and an order to pay the council £500 compensation after admitting causing criminal damage. Yesterday the decision was attacked by politicians and veterans who were shocked by the desecration of the memorial in Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Friend or foe?.....I wonder?

This kind of story makes me sick! How dare he disgrace a monument to honor our Brave Fallen Soldiers!

Peace

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrddin Wyllt

Obviously, the Crown Prosecution Service are a bunch of fannies, and fear the muslim agenda. Now if it would have been one of us mates, we'd be banged up for several years.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This is a complete mockery of our country. This isnt just words its actions. Its criminal behaviour. I can understand why people have a problem with British foreign policy but his actions were clearly criminal and they used a loophole to practically get him off. SICK.

When will this end?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ya reap what ya sow. The immigration problem there is so bad it's not even a funny joke anymore. Instead of using the "I'm Muslim I get out jail free card", maybe having him go there at noon everyday and get kicked in the sac by a British veteran for 2 years would be a better punishment. Throw the sob out of the country, as well as the rest of his family after the 2 years is up........seems appropriate.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Ya reap what ya sow. The immigration problem there is so bad it's not even a funny joke anymore. Instead of using the "I'm Muslim I get out jail free card", maybe having him go there at noon everyday and get kicked in the sac by a British veteran for 2 years would be a better punishment. Throw the sob out of the country, as well as the rest of his family after the 2 years is up........seems appropriate.

I agree. If they dont like our country, our laws, our customs, our way of life, then what the hell are they doing here?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is completely wrong. It was a disrespectful act. He should have been jailed. He is a disgrsace to the free world.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
What a disgrace... I have had quite enough of these religious nut-jobs disrespecting my country and her fallen soliders!

It wouldn't have mattered if he went to prison... Muslim gangs now control the prison system..... It would have been like a holiday to him.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Peace now wouldn't that be a fine thing.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well what happened to the drunk student who urinated on a memorial? He didn't go to prison, and there was no outrage about him being let off. If this person daubed a memorial maybe he needs to see a shrink instead of any particular punishment. surely he should not be kidnapped and sent to Guantanamo for this petty crime?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by skyblueseas

He was not let off... He got a couple of hundred hours community service and a criminal record... Not to mention the scorn and shame of everyone who knows him... Then all the bad media publicity... That guy did not get away with nothing and neither should the other guy..... I wonder why HE got away with it??

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Not even Community Service????

This sends a message to all religous nuts that it's ok to disrespect and insult those who paid the ultimate sacrifice so that scumbags like this are free to spread their message of evil.

How many times must we hear stories like this?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueseas
Well what happened to the drunk student who urinated on a memorial? He didn't go to prison, and there was no outrage about him being let off. If this person daubed a memorial maybe he needs to see a shrink instead of any particular punishment. surely he should not be kidnapped and sent to Guantanamo for this petty crime?

Big difference here,

the drunk lad urinated on a war memorial, absolutely disgusting disgraceful and in-excusable,

the muslim on the other hand, sprayed "Islam will dominate" and "Osama" on a war memorial, can you not see a difference here? We are still fighting a terrorist war, predominantly against the Taliban in Afghanistan..... yeah Osama Bin Laden's lot, the lot who are killing our soldiers nearly every day now! So he sprays Osama's name on a war memorial.... twat!

If you think this compares to urinating on a war memorial then you are doing a great deal of DISRESPECT TO OUR BRAVE FALLEN WAR HEROES THAT ARE FIGHTING FOR US, AND HAVE LAID DOWN THEIR LIVES IN PAST AND PRESENT CONFLICTS TO MAKE BRITAIN WHAT IT IS TODAY.

To compare the two incidents is bullsh!t.

I have great faith in the BRITISH ARMY and let me tell you this ISLAM WILL NOT DOMINATE!

top topics

join