It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Smart dust' aims to monitor everything

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

'Smart dust' aims to monitor everything

www.cnn.com

Palo Alto, California (CNN) -- In the 1990s, a researcher named Kris Pister dreamed up a wild future in which people would sprinkle the Earth with countless tiny sensors, no larger than grains of rice.

These "smart dust" particles, as he called them, would monitor everything, acting like electronic nerve endings for the planet. Fitted with computing power, sensing equipment, wireless radios and long battery life, the smart dust would make observations and relay mountains of real-time data about people, cities and the natural environment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
ok this is creepy...

imagine having evry little thing you do recorded and transmit to the government

this is worst than camera everywhere or spy satelite or even worst than having poeple rating on each other

they could just drop them from a plane in any country the want and then monitor every little move

scarry

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Why does this suddenly remind me of LOST

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Just get a metal fence that has very tight spacing that is light and pliable and send about 20 amps through it, problem solved. No more spy equipment all fried.

The market for signal jammers and detectors is going to boom if this stuff ever gets implemented. I could also see this never being viable to much information.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Sounds similar to the Smart Dew someone posted about a while back.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
When something gets available for the general public, the army has been using it for years and has something newer/better to replace it.
Soon they will present a medical monitor for underneath your skin.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
big brother is evolving!

this has nothing to do with what it says it has to do with imo

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This stuff has been in the air for sometime now. I can't believe more people aren't aware of this. The global hive mind is in it's early implementational phase. By 2020 or so, global mind control will probably be realized. Dr. Hildegarde Staninger talks about this stuff in more detail. Found in chemtrails: smart dust, nanobots, various pathogens, etc...Personally, I think a lot of this new-age nonsense is being programmed into people from these various vectors.

Oh yeah, as for the size being no larger than a grain of rice
Try a spec of dust to be more realistic. The tech black-ops has is much further advanced than most people can imagine. Peace.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
There's an interesting sci-fi treatment of this (but they're called "localizers", if memory serves, in the novel) in Vernor Vinge's book A Deepness In The Sky...maybe you know it already...

There's a whole bunch of other stuff in the book (space spiders, don't get me started...), but he does flesh out ubiquitous distributed surveillance nicely, in passing, as it were...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Watched a program on this, they want to do it with nano bots, and as unityemissions said, it will be smaller than a spec of dust...

They had tons of good uses for it, for a quick example, if it was spread all over and on all the roads it could communicate with your car, and tell it about other cars and pot holes and so on..

However I just dont get a warm fuzzy feeling about it...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I wonder if these too cannot withstand EMP WAVE?
2ND

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

this is how freedom died

top topics

join