It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Terror suspects contradistinction..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
No sure if this topic should be in Skunk, but ill put it here anyway... Feel free to scrutinize fellow ATS members.

My oppinion on May 2nd 2010, failed New York Bombing...

I 'think' that it may just be an American homegrown terrorist.

I know the media are now saying that there is no Al-queda/Pakistani Taliban link (despite the media previously finding an Islamic site claiming responsibility!) and this may be turned around as a - ''Joseph Andrea Stack'' (fella who flew that plane into a building in Texas) type of attack/vendetta on modern society or just in Hatered towards the American Tax system.
But obviously yesterdays attack took place using a Jeep.

Then like I mentiond in an earlier topic, the attack method is a similar method of attack on Glasgow Airport in 2007 when a pair of Extremists drove a Jeep, full of propane cans and petrol tanks into the building in an apparent suicide attack.
The only diffrence is that maybe this attacker didnt want to make a martyr of their selfs, and actually came to their sense's that killing people is wrong!

So, if it is home grown, take into concideration where the attack was.
In New York.
In Times Square.

The cross-roads of the world!

Its a symbol of New York to the outside world.
An Iconic Landmark.
Now whats based around Time Square..?
As Wikipedia even says when you type in Times Square -

"There is a High Number of Financial, Publishing and Media firms that have headquarters in the Area."

Whats to say this failed attack went wrong not just as an act of conscious, but stupidity on the Terrorists behalf.
(Which is a relief!)

How many threads have we seen here about a suspected attack?
Is it peoples paranoia or is it actually Goverment Psy'ops?

If it is Psyops, then, is this a precursor to a savage attack or an excuse to place more restrictions on America?
Or does it just cloud peoples Judgement more..? A goverment slight of hand if you will.

Also, as an after thought, there was an attack on March the 6th 2008 on Times Square.
An attack on an Army Recruitment office.
And- although they were debunked, the Letters sent to Democrat's, suspectedly from a Hoaxer.
But what if it wasnt?
Could this have been some attempted Anti-war statement gone wrong?
The bomb used in that Attack was homemade.
And from statements made by the press as well as the Mayor of New York, they all said that the device was amateurish...

So would that point the blame at 9/11 Truthers?

We can even debate about the aspect of the Attack. Its instilled that perception of Fear again, making the public realise Terrorism still happens.

Plus this would have been cheaper to stage.
Although, bet the terrorist payed an arm and a leg for the gas/petrol....

[edit on 3/5/10 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
"Bomb New York was work of amateur"

Dutch news paper (NRC) says it was the work of an amateur using fireworks, petrol,propane and (according to a new report) a kind of fertilizer that could never have exploded.

[edit on 3/5/10 by Barbaricfellow]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Anyway, I suppose the real thing to do is to Never assume anything! (yep, im a hypocrite.lol.)

You could put your foot in it... Or you may be right.

The only way we'll find out the truth or what motivated this attack, is when the Bomber is found.

And whats mad is how there are more videos emerging in the press related to the Pakistani Taliban, all threatening more attacks.
Even though these videos are related to America claiming to have killed a high ranking Taliban, yet, footage showing him alive has surfaced.

Theres probably more to this.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It sounds more and more like a false flag, or diversion. remember the guy that shot up the New York Army recruitment center. He was from Kalifornia, with some kind of political ties. The story just disappeared. I think this will too.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Yeah, it might. But currently, and for the moment it takes peoples mind off the Massive Oil spill in the Gulf Of Mexico.

This will be a witch hunt for the terrorist, and I wonder if they'll pick up the wrong people...

Also, I wonder if this could be used against Conspiracy Nuts if the attack is done by somebody suffering from Schizophrenia?

[edit on 3/5/10 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

Yeah. Guess I was wrong. It wasnt home grown terrorism.
He was a Pakistani-American who'd just been made a citizen a year ago.

Maybe part of a cell?

Wonder what will happen next, Ive read about an additional 5 arrests in Pakistan.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I bet theres alot more to this story we will here about, and yet more conspiracies only to lead to more theories, and no one taking responsibility for it truthfully.

Like why a drill was going on again at the same spot the same day as this, with a truck bomb...

Just too many questions...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
So maybe conspiracy talkers still have a chance to find the
Illuminati-CIA handlers.
But I heard two men pointed out on the plane by the terrorists
were let go.
That leaves the lone terrorists.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yep. A snow-balling or at the very least like I said, a Witch hunt.

But, another contradistinction I want to point out is the medias reporting!!!
It was even mentiond here in a fantastic thread written by somebody else how the reporter was dissapointed it was another Muslim.

Heck, when I was following this right at the begining and the media said they had no proof of it actually being Taliban, despite Islamic sites claiming responsibility, it was pretty persuasive, saying theres no evidence then showing images of a white man taking his jumper of near the vehicle, so they must have suspected him (unless they wanted to know where he got his jumper from) because they must have had footage of the Jeep driving into Times Square!
I know America dosnt have as much CCTV as the UK, but youd think it there'd be plenty in a prime ''tourist'' location, which would also show the suspect dumping the Jeep and doing a runner (not some King Of The Hill look-a-like bystander.).
The media, keeping options open.., And I suppose a good example would be ''the boy who cried wolf''.. I.e. Taliban claiming responsibility for this and that etc.

The plot thickens though, as said by other new threads on here about the identity.
Although, a lot of images used in the press are old pictures of the terrorist.
And I still havnt seen the plane footage thats currently being debated.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The gasoline containers were not opened to let out explosive fumes.
The Propane tanks were not opened.
The fertilizer was in an iron chest.
How do you get explosion with fireworks.
E = MC^2 needs a fission explosion first.
Unless he was hoping on the small mass in the ether there was little
hope for an explosion.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I suppose it highlights the terrorists failiur even more.

Wouldnt a fire, spured on by the extra petrol tanks in the car eventually make the propane tanks blow?

Also, he could have been a suicide bomber, but them again, if he was going to be a suicide bomber, why would he have a timer/clock to set off the bomb..? So lets rule that out.

The only thing I can think of is that this is compleatly FUBAR and that his own incompotence stopped this would be tradegy.

But then, He managed to board a flight despite being on a no fly list..?
So how daft is this Terrorist?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The timer would have worked if he took the cap off the gas
cans but that is a risky move as he might blow up as he
shut the door. Not to mention people in winter rubbing
across their seats and pumping gas causing a static electricity
ignition and fire.

Wonder if he just had a long fuse on the fire works and left
left the scene after lighting it not even using the clock.
Seems the clock approach would be too much a task for
this guy. Usually a battery and wire and contacts and all
sorts of assorted equipment is required.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
"IF" it was a flase flag we can already see some actions about it

(Reuters) - The New York City Police Department will be spared the planned loss of 892 officers through attrition, an administration official said, following Saturday's failed car bomb attack on Times Square

source

top topics

join