It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perpetual Debt and Perpetual Obligations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Is it not exactly what they do every year. Raising taxes.
You aren't really getting the option to pay less or nothing at all.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by zaiger

Is it not exactly what they do every year. Raising taxes.
You aren't really getting the option to pay less or nothing at all.

Well that depends on where you live. Here in california everytime someone makes mention of cutting programs that suck up money and do not work it turns into this huge issue.
People do not studdy the things that they are votting on, and that is the real problem. People vote to raise their own taxes.

Make people register as ANIMAL ABUSERS just like the SEX OFFENDERS vote yes on X

and we will add a sales tax to dog and cat food to pay for it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Sorry, we do not vote on our debt and what the government does. If that was true, our government would be 1/4 of the size it is.

I do not know many people at all that believe the government should do half of what it does.

Yes, there are a few, but not many.

When the Congress has a favorability rating of 7%, I think that argument that the government actually does what we vote for it to do, is way off the mark.

Of course you could ask people that believe the government should do this and do that. But no one wants to pay for it.

Now you do have about 1/3 of the country that says the government should not do 95% of what they do.

Is that voice heard? At all?

Do not get me wrong, I am not either in debt or well off. I am not rich but I am not super poor. I just feel that the government uses every want and desire of different groups to institute everything to further the control that government officials and mega corps want. They want these things because it gives them more power and more opportunities of squeezing every dime out of everyone.

There are many like me that are sick of the government's use of control to take away our economic freedoms.

Oh well.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

That explains it, you live in Taxifornia.

I left there in 08. Jeez there state income tax is outrageous. Besides the 9% sales tax. Of course did not live there long enough to own property.

Well, since the fed government is probably going to have to bail out Taxifornia, I am sure the rest of the country will not mind paying higher taxes for your states insatiable appetite to spend and borrow and spend and borrow.........................................

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join