It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge allows 9 accused militia members charged with plotting against US to be released on bond.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by theyreadmymind

Originally posted by andy1033
If those people are reading this remember the american gov will be monitoring you with electronic mind control.

You really will be monitored, these people care not for human rights.

Eh, I wouldn't doubt if one of their restrictions was to not use the Internet. If they're being forced to work, I can't imagine any other reason except to keep their minds occupied on things other than defending themselves in court. Really, if you're looking at life in prison, is your first priority really going to be work?

Actually, I just realized they're being released on bond, not bail. That actually is a different story. It could be that they used their house or other property as collateral for their bond, and they have to work so they don't lose their property which would affect the bondsman's ability to collect. Even so this could possibly put their defense in jeopardy. One can't really rely on the extent of their lawyer's knowledge or their dedication, and you know the prosecution is working tirelessly around the clock to put you and your family away for life. Time becomes very important.

Sorry for missing that in my previous post.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
UPDATE:

Judge agrees to delay release of militia members

A judge has suspended a decision that would have allowed nine members of a Michigan militia to leave jail while they await trial.

U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts on Monday evening granted a request by the U.S. attorney’s office to delay their release. Prosecutors have until 5 p.m. Wednesday to file an appeal.

The nine were supposed to be transported to the federal courthouse in Detroit where they would have been released Tuesday after completing paperwork.

Roberts set many conditions on the nine, who belong to a southern Michigan group called Hutaree.

Guess we will see if the prosecutors decide to appeal the judges decision later today.

<< 1   >>

join