It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge allows 9 accused militia members charged with plotting against US to be released on bond.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Judge allows 9 accused militia members charged with plotting against US to be released on bond.

(visit the link for the full news article)

www.breitbart.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Judge questions weight of evidence in Hutaree case

[edit on 3-5-2010 by MysterE]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This has just broke, so there is not much to the article. It refers to the "Hutaree Christian Terrorist" group, which almost surely is not what the MSM claims. So their out on bond, which means they are out of captivity but must appear for a later court date. To me this shows that the case against them is weak, or non existent.

As I mentioned in another thread the damage has been done.

The Feds already got what they wanted, an American "Christian terrorist" group in our back yard! Oh My! This was plastered all over the news, but you wont see it "retracted if these people are indeed found to be innocent.

The above post has the related thread.

-E-

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-5-2010 by MysterE]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I agree with you. For the judge to release them on bond means the case is extremely weak. I guess they DA thought that a few videos of them running around in camo with weapons was enough to build a case against them.

True the damage has been done, but the rate things are going I don't know how much damage was actually caused. It seems to me like the only thing the feds accomplished with this a headline other than that they haven't done anything.

Also add to the fact for the propaganda campaign to work there has to be a conviction that goes along with it. Otherwise people will forget all about it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Victory for the Milita, if these guys were so much of a threat they would have been denied bail. The courts will drop some if not all charges. Once again this is a small victory for that militia, as there was no evidence against them.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I would love this to go to trial.

Any and all evidence released, especially the standard FBI model of creating the plan, providing the materials, providing everything to make the conviction.

It would open eyes.

This thread also relevant-Poll: Who thinks these crazy Christian Militia are guilty?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I would wager that if an Islamic group got arrested for the same thing they would not have been released on bail. The fact that these were Christians gave them an advantage over other terrorists groups. Regardless of whether or not they practiced the religion they claim to belong to.

The judge could be one of the huge number of people that simply refuse to label Christians as terrorists no matter what they were plotting or how many they killed.

I am simply amazed at the people that still refuse to label McVeigh as a terrorist yet automatically put that label on the Fort Hood shooter once they learned of his religion. I am not defending the Fort Hood shooter, my point is that they are both terrorists but in the eyes of many, their religion makes a big difference in the severity of their crime.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Probably the fact that they aren't a terrorist group gave them the advantage over other terrorist groups.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yes, and they are being called "Hutaree Christian Terrorist" ?? and have been covicted of no crime.

Secondly folks are so sceptical these days and rightly so that this whole thing will have little of its intended effect outside of some cheep propaganda value.

And the Ft Hood killer did actualy kill some folks and is a fanatical muslim....thats a fact. Hataree has been convicted of nothing as of yet and some want to lump them in to that mix. Further the Ft Hood killer was enableb by a goves on approach to muslim nuts jobs. Its not working here.

And Tim McVey is not the darling of the Tea Party or much of anything. McVeys own laywer has said that he and Nichols were conected to muslim nuts out of the Philippines......not some american patriot movement.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If those people are reading this remember the american gov will be monitoring you with electronic mind control.

You really will be monitored, these people care not for human rights.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
small victory for the constitution and the bill of rights. I see this boiling down to a fizzle.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
I would wager that if an Islamic group got arrested for the same thing they would not have been released on bail. The fact that these were Christians gave them an advantage over other terrorists groups. Regardless of whether or not they practiced the religion they claim to belong to.

The judge could be one of the huge number of people that simply refuse to label Christians as terrorists no matter what they were plotting or how many they killed.

I am simply amazed at the people that still refuse to label McVeigh as a terrorist yet automatically put that label on the Fort Hood shooter once they learned of his religion. I am not defending the Fort Hood shooter, my point is that they are both terrorists but in the eyes of many, their religion makes a big difference in the severity of their crime.

The FBI released, and did not pursue the 9-11 hijackers even when they new they were in the country. They were muslims on terrorist watch lists. Religion has little to do with this. These militia are not terrorists they are just organizing against their dangerous government. Mcveigh was as tied to the Federal government as the 9-11 hijackers. Terrorism is a joke. It is a tool to justify federal domestic crackdowns, and to justify imperial conquest. Anyway how did being chrisitian end for mcveigh?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
theres not much of a case i take it.the feds are dumb if a few people wanna plot the takeover of the federal government let them do it.you really think a bunch of crazy Christians from michigan so lets say crazy redneck Christians really gonna takeover the government?paranoid much

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
They are tethered so are they really out of captivity? There are two dozen restrictions on them, only a few of which I found listed. They must continue to work for one. If you ask me, that would give them less time to do research on their own legal case. I would be opposed to that personally. Also they had to agree to list all of the other militias that they were involved with, names, and info. So maybe they made a deal so they could get more info from them? Just a guess. Can the court/judge require them to write lists of information like that while they're out on bond? Or is that some type of agreement they made with the judge or prosecutor for a little more freedom?

Here is the article I got the restrictions from. There are a few more listed:

freep.com...

[edit on 3-5-2010 by theyreadmymind]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fleckenstein
theres not much of a case i take it.the feds are dumb if a few people wanna plot the takeover of the federal government let them do it.you really think a bunch of crazy Christians from michigan so lets say crazy redneck Christians really gonna takeover the government?paranoid much

Well whatever can be said about crazy redneck christians wich is what most of the early revolutionary troops were by todays reasoning, the gov certainly wants to go after those that "cling to the bible and the gun".

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

Trying to get these guys to roll over on other militia types for the effect it will have is all they are going after here. Look for them in the future to try to find ways to get militias to register giving members names and what not.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Remember the claims that they had explosive devices?

From the court decision-

While the Court has not analyzed the evidence pertaining to the other charges against Defendants, those charges all relate to the Seditious Conspiracy charge. It is noteworthy, however, that there is no evidence that the agents found explosive devices, despite the Government’s proffer that Defendants had an urgency to have explosive devices made for the April 2010 operation.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Hello,
"Roberts said the defendants could be freed under house arrest on electronic tethers. They must surrender their concealed weapons permits, cannot apply for a license to purchase or carry guns and cannot drink alcohol or take drugs."

I find this to be out of order. Their right to bare arms are being infringed upon. Yes or no? The judge said they have the right to free speech, but they can no longer bare arms? Why?

Am I the only one who saw this discrepancy? I got my quote from this page...www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts, which appointed by Clinton, a Liberal that is actually abiding by the US Constitution.

God bless her!

This whole thing is a shame, from the beginning!

Good Job Big Sis!

Um, meanwhile, no surveillance or prevention of the Dude that Spent much time in Pakistan, comes back to US and attempts to light a Nissan Pathfinder car Bomb on a crowded NYC Times Square Saturday Afternoon!

Those Billions spent on Homeland Security are really working out!

Morons

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
If those people are reading this remember the american gov will be monitoring you with electronic mind control.

You really will be monitored, these people care not for human rights.

Eh, I wouldn't doubt if one of their restrictions was to not use the Internet. If they're being forced to work, I can't imagine any other reason except to keep their minds occupied on things other than defending themselves in court. Really, if you're looking at life in prison, is your first priority really going to be work?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
the outcome of the trial wont mean a thing, The .gov already accomplished what it set out to do. They needed some bad guys to link to the growing Patriot movement and the hutaree fit the profile.
The initial media reports are all the sheeple will remember as they move on to more important things like guys chasing a ball around and T.V. talent shows.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join