It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know what is cynism ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I am kind of beginning to doubt that Nans has a point. I think that Nans is just like most French people and lets the (french) media twist their mind into thinking the US is an oil or war monger.(sp?)

At the moment the US is attemting to break our oil ties, but that may take some time seeing that we were dependent on it for decades.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
You speak of overwhelming ignorance, Nans? Take a good, long look at your entire country...

heh... Wish I did live in Romania. Not the most cheery of places, but how often d'you hear of them in the news? And do they have a real part to play in the development of the world? And most of all, do they have Bush for a president?

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hate to sound like an asshole, but which is bigger, Nans? Twin Towers or S.O.L? Turns out the biggest building in the biggest city in the US is the WTC Towers.... Which made them an easier target. Also, turns out that in the WTC, world unity and trade and power was represented. Guess what? OBL didn't like that. So he attacked the WTC. The Pentagon because it represented American might and organization. And finally, the White House(this was attempted, or at least we think so) because guess who would have been there? The President.

Get over yourself. My God, it seems you think that France is responsible for saving New York City....

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

But over peoples in this boad really have a rascist and fascist speach !

Who's racist ? Who's a fascist ? We don't agree with you, so we are racist and fascist. Typical behaviour, especially in France.

Short of argument ? Ok, let's use the racist/nazi/fascist one, " that old good weapon who will help you when don't have anything to say/write anymore, because you are in a deadend. "

Hey, wake up Nans. You're not on a french TV show where all the peoples have to wear their " touche pas a mon pote " badge if they don't want to be called " racist/nazis/fascist ".

Nans, the real fascist/nazi/racist, it' YOU MAN, and you don't know it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The terrorists hit the tower to hurt America's economy and to kill some people.

If they would have hit the statue of liberty, would they have killed as many people? No.

Would they have hurt our economy? Maybe, but not as much as they did taking out the twin towers.

If they were to fly a plane into the statue of liberty, that would just piss us off. It wouldn't help them any.

AF1

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
NANs I recomend you look into how the United States is going to rebuild Iraq. Military commanders are upset because vital targets are NOT to be targeted so it would save money for the rebuilding process. And since oil is such a huge concern, an independent group will be in charge of Iraq's oil reserves while the country is being rebuilt. The money will go towards helping them rebuild their country, and will eventually be given over to their new government. THE UNITED STATES WILL NOT PROFIT FROM THE OIL AT ALL. The only people that will profit from it are the American taxpayers because they won't have to pay EVEN more money to help rebuild a nation. The US doesn't want to be in Iraq any longer than possible. The commanders shun at the idea of another possible japan scenario, and want to limit it to 5 years. Thats pretty impressive to rebuild an entire government from the ground up in a country that has never seen democracy. France is upset because they will be losing major business. Russia's only concern is that Iraq still owes them $8 billion. Germany is just like France and doesn't want to lose business.

[Edited on 3-7-2003 by AF1]

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I can't believe what I see hear. I see a bunch a un-united Americans picking on a Foreigner because she is angry with our nation's war-mongering stance on saftey. Saftey from what? Saddam? Ohhhhhh Scary!!!!!!!!! Tell me this people. When did the issue of getting rid of a dictator become an international fiasco about going to war with a whole nation? Some of you have posted extremely racist and demeaning comments on whole nations like FRANCE and IRAQ. This country has even gone as far as implicating RUSSIA and CHINA as anti-American. Well SO WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! This country is supposed to be all about freedom of speech and expression, so what ever happend to that????????? It seems like people on this board think that the law doesn't apply to them; and their right because it is private. Nonetheless, the TRUE PATRIOTS in all lands are those who never bow down to aggression, suppression, lies and injustice. There are some of you on this board that have chosen to accept these horrors that are committed in your own country's name, for it's OWN SAKE!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA IS RACIST. Yeah I said it. It is. Think about it. I don't have to prove my thoughts about your abuse towards Nans by qouting what you said cause, you know what you said and who you are. I can't speak about her comments on September 11th because I didn't hear them. Still that's not the point. The point is, you shouldn't harp on someone for their beliefs, it gets you no where. So I guess after reading that, some of you would say, "Well if it gets me no where, than I was right when saying I shouldn't even bother with her in the first place!!", right??????????? WRONG!!! Maybe, if you didn't always enforce your view on others and refuse to allow other types of perspective to gauge your mind, then you WOULD GET SOMEWHERE. Meanwhile, Bush and the rest of the New World Order slaves have you right where they want you, split, arguing, and fighting over what is right, who is right and so on, and so on, and so on, and so on, and so on, and so on, etc. etc. etc. WAKE UP, GET REAL PEOPLE!!! The more we fight and disagree the more likely we are to see what everyone one is denying the existance of, HATE!!!!! You See?????????

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Please, have some compassion for those innocents. Just go in covertly and say "Yes we did it, we killed Saddam!!", will anyone care NO. Go and bomb Iraq and everyone will care. You See?

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
bombing iraq would be great for the us economy, it would make the middle east more peaceful so future people dont have to die and also it would make gas not 3.00 dollares a gollan. i think that thers nothing bad that could come out of it besides a handful of neglectid and uncared for people that would die anyway gettin hit by a stray bomb that wanst meant ti kill them anytway.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 02:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
dude u know its gonna happen tho, im just puttin the good side of it,

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Won't the struggle to maintain the Iraqi state be a contradiction to our ability to profit off of the war?????? The war itself will cost some 80 billion dollars, some say as high as 200 billion. Just think about that. Look at the school systems, they are all shot for money. Ask any county offical that works in education, they will tell you how little they have and how much the big businesses and industries have. The point is, that our economy isn't REALLY in trouble because of the natural effects that affect it but it's because of the big businesses and politicans that CONTROL it. I know, more conspiracy theroy, but that's the truth. If you don't believe me than go look up the Rothschilds and the Bilderberg Group on a search engine a see what you find. Don't just skim over one result, but examine them all or alot of them so you can get the whole picture; cause let's face it, if someone is doing something of this magnitude then they would be very careful about how much of that picture could be seen. You See?????

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 03:09 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 03:14 AM
link   
maybe when im not so tired i will cuz u seem to have a good point but i cant think rite now ill maybe see tomorrow later.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I'm glad you came here and hope to hear from you soon.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue

Some of you have posted extremely racist and demeaning comments on whole nations like FRANCE and IRAQ.

Well done AV. We don't agree with France and what France is saying, so, we are racist. I don't understand where we are racist when we say that France is no longer an allie.But me, I saw many " racist and demeaning comments on " the USA and their allies ! Everybody has his own POV, isn't it ?

And for Irak, where did you see a racist comment ?

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 05:00 AM
link   
your so-called patroitism. Hence the racism. To be clear here, I was trying to defend Nans, not offend you, if I did well then, I guess you got a little taste of your own medicine. I'm sorry it's so bitter. I'm sorry you are no sweeter either.

[Edited on 8-3-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Stay cool AV, I'm not feeling offended and I didn't find your post bitter. Also, I know that you was defending Nans. Nothing wrong for me.

But if you think that I'm racist, you wrong AV.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Nans DESMICHELS,

Always trying to kick up the proverbial, make that preverbal dust. Well it's good for an occasional laugh.

Only the ATS administration knows for certain where exactly you're located and as they haven't challenged your location being France, I will assume you do reside there.

Seeing as how you are difficult to understand in English, can you make your next posting entirely in French?

Then I'll use my handy dandy translator...

freetranslations.com...

...to find out if you can make some sense in your own language.

deleted

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by deleted

Then I'll use my handy dandy translator...

freetranslations.com...

...to find out if you can make some sense in your own language.

deleted

If I can help.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join