It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know what is cynism ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This post is adressed to some ATS members who insulted and make a laught about countries who want to live in peace and scream and shoot when you make a bad joke about bombings on a third world country who engage more than 35% of its budget in mass destructions weapons.

Do you know what mea the word "cynical" ? You think that I'm uncounciousness ? I just wanted to get your attention, its true, because YOU ARE INCOUNCIOUSNESS !

Do you think that I will complain about such a tragedy as WTC attacks, and I wont about a whole people destruction ?

Do you think that US bomb impact on IRAQ will be smaller than WTC boeing impacts because USA are the GOODNESS and the rest of the world AXIS OF EVIL ?

Do you show any mercy for IRAQIS people, women, children who will die for GW BUSH and EXXON petroleum and benefits ?

So, why should I have mercy when your country is under attacks ?!

You may ban me for what I say, I just dont mind !

I read your comments on my thread about peace petition.
If you want to make a war petition, it's your right,
But dont be as stupid as your leader, GW-BUSH !

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Nans, not all of us think the US is good and the rest of the world evil. In fact a lot of us think close to the opposite. The reason we back America, is because America has the power to influence the world. (in a good way, if the right people are in power)

With out us, I think either Hitler, or Saddam (maybe some other person) would be super power. I would like that a lot less.

The Iraq issue is null, inspections are useless.
(OUR LEADER CAN BEAT UP YOUR LEADER)

[Edited on 6-3-2003 by joehayner]

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Most of the posts poking fun at France are just that...poking fun. Many simply felt you crossed the line with some of your comments on 9/11 and you touched off some pretty raw nerves. I'd also be willing to bet, that some cynicism on your part was lost in the language barrier. I for one, find your antics quite entertaining, if at times distasteful... I'm sure I'm not alone. However, others can get extremely protective over their patriotism, which is neither a good or bad thing, but can escalate arguements beyond civil...

You're wrong about one thing though. The majority of us have nothing against the Iraqi people. Indeed, we want to see them freed from an oppressive dictator, who'd rather spend money on statues to himself than infrastructure, whilst under strict economic sanctions. Modern warfare is amazingly surgical, and we will strive to minimize civillian casualties while still achieving the military objective...

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Nans, haven't you noticed since that whole 9/11 joke post died down, that most of us haven't been posting anti-French posts but you seem to want it to continue. I was very offended but I have let it go and you are very persistent. As Gazrok said, we are not against the people of Iraq, but against the madman in power. Do you think he treats his own people well?

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
You just don't get it, NANS, do you? You continue to bash America, but your country will expect us to run over to France if you have trouble, won't you? I, as one proud patriot of the U.S. of A. do not hate the Iraqi people, but I have very little love for their leader. You know why? Because he incite's hatred toward the Israeli's. I don't hate the French, either. I just believe that their leaders are trying to get money off us to have them support us. That's what I think. I may be wrong, though. I've been wrong once or twice in my life, why not one more in the 22 years I've walked this earth. Give it up, NANS. Stop trying to incite anger toward the U.S. I don't go around the board making anti-French posts at every turn, do I? I answer your posts, and that's the extent. I'm not going to request that you be banned at this time, either, but, let this serve as notice, lay off the anti-America rhetoric. Stop inciting anger toward the U.S. I don't care if you post real issues, but lay off this junk. It's bad form and you are causing others to get angry. You are bringing it on yourself, and you probably don't even realize it. Wizen up.

regs out...

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Any, if I'm a minority here, I'm a majority world wide.
The right of the blood is the right of the land ?
Maybe you are more sensible to suffering when it's your soldiers who felt down, your house who burn and your child who die.

I'm sorry, I feel nothing about 9/11. No sadness, No compassion...

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
"I'm really sorry and I think I made a mistake"-Quote by Nans

What are you sorry for and what is your mistake?

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I' m sorry to make you loose your time and the mistake is you cant understand my point of view.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well I'm sorry that I cant understand you and my mistake is even trying.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Je suis americain, est je deteste le policies de President Bush.. il est un homme mauvais. J'avias un beaucoup de compassion pour les iraqi's.

We're not all against France man, believe me.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

Do you show any mercy for IRAQIS people, women, children who will die for GW BUSH and EXXON petroleum and benefits ?

And you Nans, do you show them any mercy when you want to let them " live " under Saddam regime ?

The USA don't want to bomb Irak.The USA want to remove Saddam and free Irak from him.

If you have grand-parents who are still alive and who knews WW2, ask them if they were happy or upset when they were seeing US & GB bombers in the french sky. Ask them what was the worst. Living under a nazi regime for ever, or living under a nazi regime AND under the bombs for a" short-time " ?

And don't forget, in WW2, there were no any smart weapons ! No guided bombs or missiles. Only carpet-bombing, where 80% of the bombs were missing their germans target and were hitting civilians targets.

I never saw anybody who was sueing the RAF or the USAF for that !!!!!!! Because peoples were to happy to see the germans taking some good kick in their a$$ !

We have the same problem with Irak and Saddam now. So, I think that's why many ATS users don't understand you and your point of view(s). In Irak, peoples are starving and dieing, they are tortured and killedby Saddam and they are just waiting on thing : THEY WANT TO BE FREE !

I know ( hope ) that you don't like Saddam, but if we don't act, this " Middle-East Hitler " and all his " little friends " will think that they can do what they want, exactely like Hitler was thinking. You know the rest of the story, isn't it Nans ?

Anyway, France is not against this " war " for any human reasons. France is against this war for her own oil & bizz interest. So, don't tell us that the USA will fight for Exxon or Esso. And France has nothing to say. Cuz it will not her soldiers who'll fight, die and free Irak.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

Done & understood.

But where is the correlation ?

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Anyway, France is not against this " war " for any human reasons. France is against this war for her own oil & bizz interest. So, don't tell us that the USA will fight for Exxon or Esso. And France has nothing to say. Cuz it will not her soldiers who'll fight, die and free Irak.

This is what the god damn French do not understand. The fact that the US is not against Iraq for oil. It's France that is against the war for that reason. We Americans have civil reasons to be for the war: so the Iraqi people no longer have to suffer under Saddam Hussein(or Sodamn Insane, as I think MidnightDStroyer puts it).

Nans, stop being so friggen foolish. You, for one, should realize that your own government has huge trade embargos with iraq to this very moment. You should just be quiet already.

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Well I'm sorry that I can't understand you and my mistake is even trying.

amen.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The worst in that war is that USA wont i IRAQ for the pertrol. Actually, everoby knows that petrol is an not a futur energy. In 10 or 20, we will have vehicles powered by Hydrogen Battery and Solar energy.
On their territory, USA still have a reserve of 10 years of petrol for the military and essentials used.

1) IRAQ is a strategic place, a place where SA need a base to control
A- Middle Orient (Muslim world)
B- South-east asia (North Korea and some others)
2) It's a politic war and it's sad that you dont understand this :
GW-BUSH and even republicans has no chance to be re-elected with his actual assessment. The 9/11, the recessions and the financials scandals...
He need to end his mandatory on a victory. And he think that IRAQ is a small, poor country that he can easily beat.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   

PLease read this, You'll understand my point of view

ah-hem...

No one understands you Nans/D.A.R.Y.L./Whatever/Whomever.

Are you having fun with your little play-acting here on ATS? Anonimity serves you well doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Thing is... If a couple of airliners were crashed into a French monument...we WOULD care, we WOULD express sorrow, and we WOULD have compassion...

Perhaps that says something...and guess who it says something about?

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The worst in that war is that USA wont i IRAQ for the pertrol. Actually, everoby knows that petrol is an not a futur energy. In 10 or 20, we will have vehicles powered by Hydrogen Battery and Solar energy.
On their territory, USA still have a reserve of 10 years of petrol for the military and essentials used.

1) IRAQ is a strategic place, a place where SA need a base to control
A- Middle Orient (Muslim world)
B- South-east asia (North Korea and some others)
2) It's a politic war and it's sad that you dont understand this :
GW-BUSH and even republicans has no chance to be re-elected with his actual assessment. The 9/11, the recessions and the financials scandals...
He need to end his mandatory on a victory. And he think that IRAQ is a small, poor country that he can easily beat.

apparently the French know less about their own government and politicians than they do about American society...

You for some reason seem to think that I support Bush, and so does every other American... Have you ever read my sig, or any of MidnightDStroyer's or my anti-Bush posts? It'll be good for America if Bush is not re-elected... Also, the approval rate of Bush is something around 40%. Which means that 60% of all Americans think he is bad, sucks, or is a madman. I happen to be part of that 60 percent, and so is evryone in my family.

Nans, what you need to understand is that the French rely on Iraq for oil/petroleum/whatever other oil product they need, because they, unlike the US, do not get opil from the world's biggest petroleum supplier: Venesuala. Also, France does not have the huge oil stockpile that you admit we have. And to that, France doesn't have the stockpile, therefore they need the oil for the next ten years, until the hydrogen engine thingy is completed.

Even then, who says that American scientists will give any other countries the technology? Unless GB comes up with it first, in which case your France is first in line to get it.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'm often agree with MD and I tought you really was living in romania. But over peoples in this boad really have a rascist and fascist speach ! I wont tell you who because I dont like that but sometimes the thing the wrote are so basically ignorant that my blood boils I have hard words, sometimes I refret them after and sometimes not.

They HERE :
For anonimity, I'm sorry, It's like a second nature...

But I notice that anybody answer me that terrorist ddn't attack Lady LIBERTY because I had been design by a french architect...

[Edited on 7-3-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
NANS, WHAT IS YOUR POINT???????

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join