It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If this is Venus then why is it interacting with The Sun

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I have been downloading the images you suggested and they are not all down. It seems to have hung up. I did watch some of the images go by, but not all. I am curious to see what you mentioned in your post.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

It's a camera artifact and it's been there pretty much since the spacecraft was launched.

Another case of someone not making use of the available resources and learning about what they are looking at when speculating about what they are seeing. While the images we see always have Solar north at the top of the frame, the spacecraft moves in three axes, including roll. On the STEREO orbit tool page stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov... one of the coordinates given is the roll angle from solar north.

On January 1, 2007 (soon after the launch), the roll angle of STEREO A was 29.6º relative to the Sun's north pole. At that time (according to my sketch below) the "object" appeared at about 99º. On April 2, 2010 the roll was -7.3º, a change of about 37° in a counterclockwise direction. The "object" was now at about 63º, a change of 36º.

On January 2, 2009, the roll angle was 2.8º and the "object" was at 73º. On May 1, 2009, the roll was -7.2º and the "object" was at 63º. The difference in roll was about 10º and the difference in the object was (guess what?) about 10º.

The movement of the "object" in the frame corresponds to the roll angle of the spacecraft.
The "object" is a camera artifact.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/994be7c1d9de.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I said it was close to The Sun meaning in the Image not in Space, just to point out where the object was.

I have highlighted the object now so forget about "Near to The Sun"

This object is well well behind The Sun, well beyond Venus as it passed behind Venus.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yea it did cross my mind it could be like a reflection of the outline of the Black spot in the middle.

However it does seem to be behind things such as CME, almost like the CME deflect off the Object... Must just be an optical illusion from the reflection.

Great explanation, cheers buddy

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join