It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran offers help in fighting Gulf of Mexico oil leak

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by Threadfall

I have no doubt that this is a stunt for PR but that is besides the point.

It's hardly beside the point. Motives are very important.

I don't care what Iran's motives are, just as long as they are not dangerous to my person, family or country. I could care less if their motives are dangerous to the agenda of TPTB. Again, I have no doubt that Iran has ulterior motives for their offer of help but I don't think those ulterior motives are dangerous to anyone except corporate and special interests.

And explain how having people sent directly by a government that's favorite term for the U.S. is the "great satan" crawling all over our oil rigs and coastlines would not be at least potentially dangerous to "your person, family or country"?

Why so eager to get help from iran?

Where are your posts about getting help from other countries that ARE our friends and/or HAVE the necessary expertise?

None of that seems to enter into your thinking. All you post is that we have to have help and it has to be from iran - no matter what their motives are.

Perhaps your agenda is showing ...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I've asked multiple of times, How can Iran help? yet I get rhetoric and political responses

I have answered you and quite clear, I might add. Iran could easily provide help with either man-power, shipping resources, oil-spill clean-up and containment expertise or all all of the above. While they may not be able to turn the tide of this thing alone, if they prevent oil from seeping into one square inch of marshland, then that is one square inch of marshland that won't be completely ruined. If they save, lets say a mating pair of turtles, by speeding up containment by a day or two, then that is one pair of turtles that would otherwise be dead. If their clean up efforts add any help at all, then maybe that will save me a few cents on my seafood purchases that will otherwise sky-rocket.

It is not only "plugging the hole" that needs to be done and in fact, once the hole is plugged, then that's when the work begins.In the meantime, we need all of the help that we can get as to save as much of the ecosystem that we can.

Nobody thinks, that Iran is going to come in and save the day but if they can add any help at all, to a situation that desperately needs it, then I certainly don't see how that could be such a bad thing.

If this was pure political posturing by Iran and they really don't or can't help us, then we will be all the better for calling their bluff. So in sum and to answer your question directly and bluntly, Iran can provide help with the clean up and containment by sending over a few ships and oil industry experts to contain and clean up the oil that has already been leaked. Is this not bluntly enough for you or is there something you still can't understand?

--airspoon

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Where are your posts about getting help from other countries that ARE our friends and/or HAVE the necessary expertise?

How many of those friends have offered assistance? All I hope, but I doubt it.

A crisis of this size should have every country at least trying to help, whether they actually can or not remains to be seen. Goodness knows the US would be running to any one of them if the situation were reversed.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

How do you know that he calls the U.S. the "great satan"? Because the media tells you so? That's my point exactly, you are just taking this propaganda, hook, line and sinker. The media seems to twist their presidents words around, just as when they were propagating that he supposedly said that he "wanted to wipe Israel off the map". That just simply isn't the truth. What he did say was something to the affect of, "Move Israel out of Palestine" and he was talking about putting it in AZ or somewhere to where they are wanted. He wasn't calling for the destruction of Israel, only for them to move it to where they are no longer enslaving Palestinians. It is the typical Western media spin to forward the agenda of special interests. Lets say that he did actually call America the "great satan". I certainly wouldn't blame them for that assessment. The CIA toppled their democratically elected government and then installed the brutal Shah who ruled with an iron fist, at the tip of a sword and who basically raped the country's resources and abused the Iranian people, worse than anything they had ever seen. It got so bad, that the country had to revolt and topple the American backed Shah. America and no one else is who kept the Shah in power, even as he abused his own people, all because American corporations were profiting. When the Iranians took those hostages, it was only so that America would not send in her military to crush opposition to the Shah, who was not democratically elected and only installed by the CIA. TPTB then argued for the Iranians not to free the hostages while Carter was in office, as to not help him get reelected. That is pretty evil in of itself. Then, our government continues to lie about them in a huge smear campaign in an effort to get their fingers back on Iran's cheap oil and to control all of the Middle East. What would you think about a foreign country who did the same to yours?

When Ahmadinejad came here to Columbia University to give a talk, I listened how he had nothing but praise for the American people and how the US Government, led by the Bush Admin, was doing its best to topple Iran through whatever means necessary in a bid to control the Middle East and her natural resources. He then went on to explain why France and Germany opposed the Iraq War and it isn't because they were opposed to a senseless war but rather that they had been the contractors of Iraqi oil, through the sanctions put on Iraq. Basically, what he said was everything that I had suspected and he explained why America's elite wanted to skew the facts and smear certain countries such as Syria and Iran.

Now, my government has lied to me again and again while Iran has never lied to me. Then while my government makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever with their explanations of things, Ahmadinejad's explanation made sense. There is no reason to believe the MSM and my own government when they have done nothing but lie and their explanation for things thus far make no sense at all.

I've said it before and I'll say it again that I believe that Iran's only motive is to win favor with the American public as to slow any sanctions and possible military action against them. Similar to what Venezuela has done. How could that be a bad thing??? I sure don't want war with Iran, especially as I don't see them as posing a threat.

So because of all that, I don't find their motive to be important as it relates to the issue of help with oil spill. Calling America a "great satan" is no big deal either, especially seeing what our government has done and what our government continues to do in the Middle East, particularly to the Iranian people. It is our sanctions that are hurting the Iranian people, all to forward the agenda of special interests which doesn't benefit the American people in the first place. In fact, it is at the expense of the American people. I can't believe that anyone here would be buying all of this anti-Iranian propaganda, especially after we saw the same things, from the same people, going into Iraq. Truth is, our rulers have been evil and it is my belief that there has been a deliberate attempt to deceive the American people in order to use the American will to further a sinister agenda at the expense of the American people.

So again, if they want to help me by helping with the clean up effort, I'm all for it, especially seeing how my own government is certainly not trying to help us. Again, I trust someone who has never lied to me and actually makes sense, before I trust someone who has repeatedly lied to me and makes no sense at all.

--airspoon

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SheaWolf

Canada has offered help.

B.C. premier offers oil spill help

B.C. Premier Gordon Campbell said Saturday the province can offer up to 45 Environment Ministry workers to help with the cleanup of the massive Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

"We want to lend a helping hand to our neighbours as they deal with this environmental emergency," Campbell said in a release. "Our province has experts who are ready, willing and able to respond to tough situations like this."

Campbell said the Environment Ministry could send up to 15 emergency response officers, as well as 30 workers who specialize in managing incidents like spills.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Man... I just don't know.

I took a look at all these God blessed animals - including Large Tourtises -just washing up on shore DEAD... My soul, is so sickened by mankind as a species right now I wish there was somewhere to go to escape all of them, and rise above the current level of debased ignorance the scope of mankind exists at. But that's not going to happen.

I have my worries about Iran, and I too have my worries about my own government.

Both are guilty of things that are against the grain of humanity...

America and it's collusion with 911, it's glorious war mongering and war profiteering, it's betrayal of the American Peoples, it's policy regarding the support of a state that, just like some islamic cultures, practices ethnic cleansing, and has been exposed at even having the twisted sense to harvest body parts from people they kill off...

Iran on the other hand, practices Islam, which by it's very nature is in oppression against me and my peers, considers anything outside of Islam as inferior and worthy of provocative antagonism, including everything one can think of from exploitation to even death and enslavement.

Iran's Current president however has shown a resilliance and a proprietous willingness to extend an olive branch towards the United States - If people will remember, there was a time when America and Iran were rather close allies...

I believe that is why the last Shaw of Iran fled to America and was granted political assylum during the Islamic Revolt that occurred back in 1979 and initiated by the ayatollah kamenei. If it weren't for the radicalness of 'fundementalist Islam', I would not have a problem with Iran, and it's rather disappointing for me that relations between America and Iran disintegrated with the religious assault that took control of Iran, and practically the rest of the region's nations, back during that time.

Was Iran the first nation to fall to Islamic Encroachment? I remember that the United States went into Iran during that revolt, and tried police action to gain control over the country - which failed. Ever since that time, America and Iran have drifted apart to where today, there exist no relations with the two countries whatsoever.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a rather interesting Character, and I believe a rather intelligent individual. As president of Iran, he is still subordinate to the governing ayatolla, so did he get permission to come to the United States and interact with the infidels? Or did he do this on his own?

Who authorized thier Oil Ministry to offer a helping hand? Has the Islamic govenor changed his policies, outside of what I call "Kamenei Law"? Or once again, did the president get on the phone and command his people to offer help, outside of the ayatolla's jurisprudance?

I ask these questions because it's something that would be remarkable if the President was acting outside of established protocols, which may mean he's not all together with the colab...

I personally believe in prophetic fulfilment, as I've witnessed it on a personal level within my life. It has been prophetically pronounced that Religion would be utterly destroyed, in an act of severe violence, by those that represent government. Litterally what that means is in one single act, governing forces are going to turn on religion and destroy it outright - *poof* - religion = byebye... EVERY RELIGION.... All around the world.

I am thinking that the Beast has matured enough in stature to be ready to begin... for the Beast, which is the United Nations, is what it is that is prophesized as being instrumental in this action.

Ahmadinejad seems like he really likes the U.N., so, my interest here is, is Ahmadinejad rebeling against the religious government he is from? and also, would he be instrumental in initiating this religious cook-off by turning on the ayatolla first?!

HASSAAAAN CHOP!!

There goes ol' tolla's head.... Everybody else, follow suite!...

IF Ahmadinejad is acting independantly of the ayatolla, I would welcome relations with Iran with such a light heart it isn't funny - it's something that would greatly be needed to abate the tensions I have been under of late.

I just wish to God that this crisis will find a solution, and will find containment enough to salvage what can be saved of the pitiful condition the animals of the Southern and Eastern North American coasts are currently suffering with.

I only WISH mankind would get a grip with himself and grow up finally!

[edit on 4-5-2010 by DarkspARCS]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

While I agree with you, you are sadly mistaken my friend. The US was close to Iran but only because we installed the Shah of Iran. The Iranian people revolted because the Shah was a brutal dictator who ruled with an iron fist. Furthermore, Iran had a perfectly good democratically elected government, that is until the US went in there and threw them out to install the Shah, simply because the democratically elected government of Iran was not going to let America get away with dirt cheap oil as they had been doing. Iran basically wanted the highest bidder, which is understandable. Then, after we installed the Shah, we turned a blind eye as he committed human rights abuses, all because he allowed our corporations to basically rob the Iranian people of their oil. When the Iranians had enough , they finally revolted and as a knee-jerk reaction, something that we Americans are all too familiar with, the initiated a theocracy.

We basically went in there and turned the place upside down, for the benefit of corporate interests and in the name of the American people. We allowed the Shah to escape prosecution by moving here after the people toppled his brutal government.

Well, that's it in brief. I suggest you research what actually happened, as you will get a far better understanding of our current relationship after you learn of how bad we screwed them over.

--airspoon

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by Threadfall

I have no doubt that this is a stunt for PR but that is besides the point.

It's hardly beside the point. Motives are very important.

I don't care what Iran's motives are, just as long as they are not dangerous to my person, family or country. I could care less if their motives are dangerous to the agenda of TPTB. Again, I have no doubt that Iran has ulterior motives for their offer of help but I don't think those ulterior motives are dangerous to anyone except corporate and special interests.

And explain how having people sent directly by a government that's favorite term for the U.S. is the "great satan" crawling all over our oil rigs and coastlines would not be at least potentially dangerous to "your person, family or country"?

Why so eager to get help from iran?

None of that seems to enter into your thinking. All you post is that we have to have help and it has to be from iran - no matter what their motives are.

Perhaps your agenda is showing ...

We're talking about it because it's news. That's typically what occurs on this website. People come along and provide their opinions on events that take place around the world. People like me come along and take every bit of it and analyze it just the same, and spit out our own opinions. All of this is the lovely cycle of discourse on AboveTopSecret.com

Moreover, what is the impact of people accepting aid from Iran? The fact you distinguish this from the reaction we would have from any other country telling us they would help, implies you have a predisposition to believe we apparently don't care what other countries think or want to do. This bold faced claim, is not true. I'm sorry to say that I firmly believe that we should accept any aid, from anyone, unbiased. This is a situation that drastically could impact the entire world, taking it lightly would be absurd.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

How do you know that he calls the U.S. the "great satan"?

lol... The answer to this is simple.

Because the United States is the great Satan!

lol. what part of the above statement didn't you understand?

It is the truth, and here's why...

Free Masonry understand's that Samael is the ruler of this World. Samael, throughout human history, has had a government that represented his seat of authority, from Nimrod and the creation of Babylon on down to today's World Power, a dually-governed world Power known as the Anglo-American Dominion. Duality in World Power has existed in the past, with Media and Persia representing one of them - a coop in world government... besides that, both countries were run by the same family lol..

Anyway, the throne of the Dragon exists here in America, in the Satanically Correct location of Washington D.C. The pentacle is precisely located - America's military powers are governed by forces centralised at the gate, and the diabolic authority, rests upon the southern point of the inverted pentagram, which is where the White house is located.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ecff423e1f1.jpg[/atsimg]

So you see, it's just a simple and plain fact, open for all to see! Everything I just told you is right there in your face.

Freemasonry and Washington D.C.'s Street Layout

MASONIC SYMBOLS OF POWER IN THEIR SEAT OF POWER -- WASHINGTON, D.C.

WASHINGTON D. C. GEOMETRY

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum Logic

I agree that if Iran has something positive to offer and can help in any way, political differences should be set aside to correct this problem as soon as possible. Negativity and paranoia about an honest offer is detrimental to the solution of the problem. Give the oil company's director the benefit of the doubt and accept his offer of help.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
dupe post. I wish there was a delete option

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Blazer]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Would it be theoretically possible for the oil to drift far enough South toward the equator and be ignited from the heat from the sun? We are quite rapidly approaching summer.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I dont like how you said wreak havoc on our economy , what about the environment , who cares about how much money we will lose , what about the life we will lose

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Seems like this might be a good place to put this article: Gulf of Mexico oil spill: How you can help

As mentioned before, much of the hands-on clean-up/mitigation of onshore oil has historically been done by volunteers. I haven't investigated ANY of these organizations, and doubt I'd find anything if I did, but perhaps this might provide an avenue for individuals in the area or those willing to travel to help.

All working hands matter, at least initially.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

One person getting shot is a different story. Geopolitics cannot be compared to personal troubles. The same could be argued for justifying the Iraq war. Doesn't work too well. Iraq was the guy shot and dieing.

Also, The last government in iran was bad. never said that was wrong. But that doesn't make the current gov much better.

Also, funding never, ever, matters for protesters. Weather you fund something with one dollar or 1 billion dollars never effects the number of people who come. Tea party protests are funded but quite a number of people. So what? It's all advertising. If people go, they do not get pain, nor do they get aid. They go because they feel they want to. There is absolutely no correlation as to if the people themselves support it or not as how much funding something gets. All funding does is advertise. People still come on their own free will.

Also, I did not say their aid is equal to a carrier. I said everything they could do can be found on one carrier.

And I'll repeat the before. if they were truly sincere, OPEC would be saying this, not just Iran.

Iran is not fit to do anything right now.

As the bellow shows, it's funny they want to help when they say such things against us.

www.google.com...

www.reuters.com...

www.presstv.ir...

www.france24.com...

in.reuters.com...

and oh so many more.

Do tell. What is this friendly helpful nation you speak of. Why all this against not only the US, but fellow Middle east nations.

If this nation is so helpful, why do they continue a militarization and aggression policy?

I'll ask you this. if you were shot and dieing, would you want a man holding a grenade to help you? Maybe if you were desperate, but I'd rather wait on the sidewalk for someone normal. Even if you get saved, what's going to happen to that grenade and how does it effect you afterward?

reply to post by thomas_

They are part of a linked South American network that can aid. Iran is not. They are only part of Opec. And thus, if they were sincere, OPEC would say thism not just Iran.

Also, Like I just said, Iran is being very aggressive lately. I do not trust them to help on one side of the world whilst acting like dicks on the other side of the world.

reply to post by thomas_

Actually they do not produce a lot of oil. Dubai has more than they do. You know that little spec of land. If Iran did have a lot of oil, the US would have invaded by now, or Iran would be exporting more by now. They are, in fact, dieing.

And also, if they were serious, again, why isn't OPEC saying this?

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Stop with your "What can they do to help" Your acting as though they would bring sticks and canoes. How about this. They can bring boats and personel. Ever think that maybe they might have some ideas that the asshats at BP dont have? What if they had 500 foot of boom... I know its only 500 foot but ITS 500 FOOT(yelling) Get off your high horse. And just think ....if we accepted this olive branch and it worked into further talks. People on here tell people to open their minds... I see allot of close minded people around here.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

As I've just shown above you, those who show an olive branch in one hand with a gun in the other cannot be trusted. Just Google search Iran. The lest 48 hours in the news says enough.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

The pentagram was not satanic in 1780. It was actually Christian. History fail.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I'm not trying to say that the current government in Iran is a good one. I'm a libertarian and so don't believe in the fundamental aspects of a theocracy. On the same note, I think I can respect how others want to live and if they want to live under a theocracy, then it is not the place of the US or the West to impose a way of life on them. All I was saying is that I don't believe all of the hype about Iran that we hear in the Western Media and I'm far more influenced from what comes out of the horses mouth, especially when there is an obvious smear campaign against Iran.

As far as funding not mattering to protesters, in a way that's true but it could also matter greatly, as far as paying instigators and paying bloggers to sway their opinion one way or another. We already know that a huge tactic of the US is to send instigators and pay bloggers so why would they not do it to an enemy, if they do it to their own citizens?

Why could they not be sincere with OPEC? What's wrong with just Iran offering help and not the other OPEC countries? Does America not help other nations without NATO? Of course we do. When I was in the Army, I was deployed to the Sinai as part of the MFO or Multinational Force & Observers, that was not part of a NATO mission. This was America, helping another nation/s without the backing of NATO. If Iran was not capable of adding any help and they are just bluffing then what would hurt in accepting that help and calling them out on their bluff? If this was true, then we would just show them for what they are doing? It could not hurt us then.

As far as Iran saying things against us, it has no bearing on the American people. The US offers help to the citizens of other nations while smearing their governments. You have to admit that our government is the bully on the block, so of course other countries are going to say some wild things against our government. So, our government bullies other nations and it sure is not to the American people's benefit so any charges levied against the our government would not be directed at us.

You post links about new weapons systems and claim that Iran is hostile because of it. Ummm, in case you haven't been paying attention lately, the drums of war have been beating with a picture of Iran on the drum skin. If I were Iran, I too would be weaponizing and building up my military. They would be stupid not to. It's not a question of "if" we go to war with Iran but rather "when". It's a shame but they are getting ready for a war that they have stated they do not want and it's more than obvious that the West wants that war. It is us who is picking a fight and it is them who is responding by building their defenses up.

I'm not claiming that Iran is "helpful" or even "friendly" but rather, I'm claiming, as they are, they that offered help on something that we need help with. If we accept and they help, then great, the American people are better off for it. If we accept and they don't or can't help, then our government is the better off for it because they would have called Iran's bluff. If we don't accept, then not only do we lose out on an extra set of hands, but we also move closer to war. A war that will not benefit the American people at all. It would only benefit Israel and US/Western special interests. It would make Israel the sole power in the Middle East, so that they may raign with terror unchallenged, as they have been doing to their neighbors already. A war with Iran would be for the benefit of US corporate and special interests as well as Israel, at the expense of both Iranians and the American people, same as Iraq.

Iran has never been aggressive, not even to their neighbors. It's sad that I can not say the same thing about both Israel and the United States. Out of all three, Iran has been the peacful ones. Just compare to yourself, the aggressive behavious of both Israel and America with those of Iran. It is not Iran that we have to worry about aggression with. As far as their nuclear program, they have said time and time again that it is only for energy and they have demonstrated that as well by being completely transparent about their program. Something that can't be said about both America and Israel, especially Israel. Even if they were building nuclear munitions, could you hardly blame them? I would still be more afraid of Israel or the US using nuclear weapons before Iran would. Also, Israel is not a signatory to the NNPT as is Iran. I think it is more than safe to say that Iran is not the one to whom we have to worry about. The thing is, that Israel has the largest lobby firms in the world and so we get manipulated into thinking that their enemies are the bad ones while it is more than obvious that it is the other way around. Again, Iran has not been aggressive at all and they are only understandably building their military because we, who have been extremely aggressive, have been beating the drums of war.

Iran could not be not be compared with someone holding a hand grenade. All countries have weapons, especially those smart nations that have been threatened. It would be like saying that everyone has a hand grenade in their hands, only the person offering help has never used a grenade before while you have and keep threatening to use it again. You can't blame Iran for having a grenade in their hand, especially if everyone else has a grenade in their hand... and threatened to use it against Iran. Iran has not been the aggressor, they are only building up their military because we are trying to start a war of aggression against them.

Now ask yourself this, If you watch some one going from house to house on your block murdering the families inside those houses, would you not arm yourself, especially if they have clearly told you that your house is next? Would you not arm yourself and submit to their assault? What if these same people have assaulted you before and killed your parents years ago, not to mention all of your neighbors recently. You would be crazy not to arm yourself and call attention to your situation so that the police come to help.

--airspoon

Edited for grammar.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by airspoon]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join