It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morons boycott Arizona Tea over immigration bill

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
eh

delete post

[edit on 4-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

I know someone will break out the verbal flame thrower on me for this, but I tend to be a pragmatist, and in my line of work we profile for genetic reason, and it's a very effective tool. Your race has a lot to do with how we're going to treat you, medically speaking. People of African lineage tend to have more cardiovascular issues, if you're hispanic we're going to check your blood sugar ASAP because diabetes is very prevalent etc... When applied correctly racial profiling can be a good thing. Then again I tend to take the simple common sense approach instead of taking the "what ifs" to the 12th power.
A green eyed freckled guy running around in a turbin yelling "Allah akbar!" is probably playing a distastful joke, combine that activity with the race with which such activity is more closely associated, and of course the reaction will be different. Because we're racist pigs? Hell no! We don't want the next sound to be "Dirka, dirka, KABOOM!." Since when has basic preservation instincts become so un-PC?
When the Wal-Mart on a certain side of town that has a project community behind it that houses lots of known illegal immigrant has to have an armed on-duty Sherriff at both doors to keep that community from literally looting, and pillaging the store, does a little common sense not dictate that we might have a tiny problem here? (sarcasm)Oh wait, I'm sure it's all the citizens, and culturally diverse peoples who are here legally causing all the trouble. No the Wal-Mart on that side of town doesn't even check your receipt very often because their shrinkage numbers are so low, and an armed sherriff at the doors would freak them out.
I'm white as wonder bread, and if I went in to a federal building reaking of diesel fuel, and fertilizer, someone had damned well better check my ID!!!!! The risk of negative racial profiling is far outweighed by the benefit of protected life, and property. The racial profile card is just the race card in a lower suit. My race does predict some things about me, and everyone else too. It isn't a superiority thing, no race is better, or worse than another, but there are logistical differences that would be ignorant to over look.
Being against this law is like saying you don't want the sherriff at the Wal-mart on the rough side of town because the city is racially profiling. They are assuming that the policy was because hispanics go there, and we don't like them because they are different. When the reality is that people were being raped, and mugged, and the store was about to close, and then no one would have a Wal-Mart on that side of town. The race of the offender should be a non-issue, but when the offender is more times than not of a certain ethnicity, we're just supposed to ignore that, and not use that information to respond more efficiently in the future? What if you went to your Dr. and he told you he could have treated you better, sooner based on your ethnicity, but chose to ignore that as an indicator because he didn't want to offend you, and now you're going to suffer permanent physical deficits because your disease progressed further than need be? This is exactly what the lax immigration advocates are asking for.
Before you label me a racist know that well over half of my friend are hispanic, and I LOVE them. I was engaged to a latina. Mexican-americans, and legal immigrants by a large margin are in favor of this, and similar legislation. They love America, and want to see it strong. Allowing a laisez faire policy on immigration will turn our southern states into the country they got away from. Profiling happens. Deal with it. The motivation behind it is not always justified, but a lot of times it is.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

You're to tired to "educate" me? Are you serious? If you are an American citizen I believe it is you that needs an education on the founding of this country and what our constitution and governing body of laws state about immigration.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Its real easy for everyone to call these people illegals and thats fine, but the reason why the hispanic race is freaking out about this is because if this law passes, the cops have a "right" to go up to anyone who looks hispanic and harrass them at any point of the day. I mean, the legal people shouldnt have to worry about being questioned every day. That my friend is racial profiling. To have to basicly carry your birth cirtificate with you everyday shouldnt have to happen to everyday people. But its easy for a person that is an american to point the finger when they know they will sleep snug in the bed tonight. But dont get me wrong, I think they should stop sneaking in our country illegal but at the same time in the long run all it does is hurt the real americans who just want to live their lives without being pointed out.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by scottr.

Yes it is very easy to point at them, and say they are illegal, because they are not here under legal process. They are illegal!!! They broke our laws with no consequences whatsoever in most cases.

Most hispanic citizens, and LEGAL immigrants DO NOT have a problem with this law. Only a small vocal minority with IMHO dubious motivations. The Mexican govn't shoots people who cross their southern border, and then chides us for asking for proof of citizenship. I've never seen a better poster child for hypocrisy.

Cops WILL NOT be able to stop you for just being hispanic. The law gives them the ability to ask for proof of citizenship during a stop for other reasons that they would have stopped you for before anyway. Many illegal immigrants slip through the system the way it is now because local LEOs can't enforce immigration laws in any way. This law just gives local LEOs the power to do what the feds should have done, but won't do. Will some cops abuse this? sure. However, many, many more will properly use it as a tool to keep citizens, and people here legally safer.

I used to get pissed when I was a teenager, and the "fuzz" was always eye balling me. Now I can see why. I did stoopid stuff as a kid, and they know kids usually do stupid stuff. Was it profiling, yep. Was it a good thing yep. I'm probably still alive because of it.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by scottr.
Its real easy for everyone to call these people illegals and thats fine, but the reason why the hispanic race is freaking out about this is because if this law passes, the cops have a "right" to go up to anyone who looks hispanic and harrass them at any point of the day. I mean, the legal people shouldnt have to worry about being questioned every day. That my friend is racial profiling. To have to basicly carry your birth cirtificate with you everyday shouldnt have to happen to everyday people. But its easy for a person that is an american to point the finger when they know they will sleep snug in the bed tonight. But dont get me wrong, I think they should stop sneaking in our country illegal but at the same time in the long run all it does is hurt the real americans who just want to live their lives without being pointed out.

The police stop whomever they wish at any time they wish, all over the country. I live in a small suburb of Milwaukee, Wisconsin and have been stopped by the police and interrogated simply for walking out of doors at the hour of midnight. My skin is white as Casper's. Should I suffer police harrassment in my hometown because I was walking home from work?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The easiest most effective thing to do without the problem of profiling would be:

1) Inflict a $25000 on the fine on the employer per employed illegal in this country with the possibility of jail time if you can't buck up the fines. Double fines or jail time for repeat offenders.

2) Any illegal providing false documentation to an employer. 36 months in jail then deported. Repeat offenders get time doubled on 2 or more offenses.

They will think twice about coming here illegally and employers will think twice about employing illegals.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I don't think that anyone disputes that "illegals" should be treated as just that...people breaking the law by being here without proper process.

I think what people are worried about, is if you are here LEGALLY, or maybe you just have a nice tan, you may get pulled over for DWB (Driving While Brown), and hassled when you are just trying to get to work. Or, that the police could use the "he looked illegal" excuse to violate your other rights of privacy etc.

P.S. I live in Phoenix Arizona. I am far from brown so not worried about "DWB", but it will piss me off if I get pulled over and my car searched and other such nonsense under the guise of checking my "papers".

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Blazer]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I know no illegals, but if i did i would be on the phone quick.
I understand money may be going back to a family, but it leaves the US. this is money we citizens lose because someone is not out "Stimulating the economy."
If any part of said money does go to gangs or cartels, it is a lose lose situation.
And as far as a solution, it is not my yob to fix all of mexicos problems. we have enough of our own.

Well, in that case, the same needs to be applied to all "foreign" ethnicities. It's not just the Illegal Mexicans that do this. I know first hand many asians, Phillipinos especially, that work here, build their nest egg back in the Phillipines, send money to their families, and once they retire, they send all their funds and pensions back with them to the Phillipines. It should be a double edged sword in my opinion.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 3vilscript

would they not be charged in the same court room?

would they not go to the same jail?

illegal is illegal. i know when i went to jail on drug offenses i met all sorts of folks in there, who all committed different various criminal acts. prisons are usually pretty "general", so yah id say generalizing is permitted in this case, as it is in all criminal cases.

if youve never been through the "justice system" maybe you should go watch a few episodes of judge judy or something.

and this whole issue has even less going for it due to the legal alternative everybody keeps ignoreing that is already in place, if only ALL criminal acts had some sort of legal alternative...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Damaging the constitution seems necessary to get rid of illegals, we can lower our rights enough to get the illegals out. I do not care if my rights are taken away just as long as I make good money.

why can't they use the tool of the web to solve this issue

the internet is an amazing tool they should take advantage of

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
That just shows what type of people are against the law....most of which are illegal right? How ignorant are people today huh? I laughed when I first heard that and thought to myself "good, these are exactly the type of illegals we don't want here and this proves how ignorant they really are." There are enough morons in the USA today, I mean really, look who our President is...I don't think we need this many more here as well. We have enough on our plate.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

YES immigration LEGAL immegration not ILLEGAL. There is a big difference ok. My grandparents came here LEGALLY and guess what. They worked hard, refussed to speak Italian because they want to learn English and became a part of society. They didn't take free government money..didn't have children just to get government money, they paid taxes, paid their own health care expenses and were a working part of society. These illegals, whether they are mexican, or from any other country don't do this. They steal identitites so they can work, don't pay taxes, have kids to get government money, turn the places that they live into bad, dirty areas and take advantage of everything they can. Why give these people insentives for breaking the law. We need to get tougher laws and gets these people outta here. END OF STORY

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
So your education level is telling you that it's alwright for every other generation to abide by United States laws and regulations,except this one

Immigration policy has not been the same throughout history. I has changed and become extremely restrictive currently where before it was rather open or selectively restrictive (normally for xenophobic or racist reasons).

During Ellis Island, about 2% were sent back. A far cry from what we have now.

I am a capitalist and a pragmatist. I see no purpose behind deporting millions. This debate is not about the immigrants, it is about policy, which currently is poor.

Our laws create problems and we don't seek to fix it, or only choose to fix a select few aspects that will leave open many loopholes.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Victoria 1
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

YES immigration LEGAL immegration not ILLEGAL. There is a big difference ok. My grandparents came here LEGALLY and guess what. They worked hard, refussed to speak Italian because they want to learn English and became a part of society. They didn't take free government money..didn't have children just to get government money, they paid taxes, paid their own health care expenses and were a working part of society. These illegals, whether they are mexican, or from any other country don't do this. They steal identitites so they can work, don't pay taxes, have kids to get government money, turn the places that they live into bad, dirty areas and take advantage of everything they can. Why give these people insentives for breaking the law. We need to get tougher laws and gets these people outta here. END OF STORY

When did they come here legally? Stop generalizing, otherwise someone might just throw in your grandparents with the same filthy mobsters all Hollywood films glorify. Or if they said that when Italian immigrants move here they run their communities like the mob? How would you like it if people started judging all people of Italian descent based on the cast of Jersey Shore?

Illegal immigrants pay taxes too. Do not think for a second that you can say otherwise. You know how I know? Because my father pays taxes and he's illegal.This is on top of payroll taxes, yeah the same payroll taxes that are helping the baby boomers retire. I volunteer 5 hours every day of the week after school, in the community park. I teach kids (white kids, black kids, hispanics) to work with computers and I don't expect to see 1 cent from it. I repair computers in my neighborhood for free. My father works and pays for my school. I don't ask for a single dime from the Government. I don't fill out FAFSA forms to get financial aid. I exercise everyday and stay healthy so that I don't have to go to the doctor. But when I do we pay everything with our money.

On top of all that if I could, I would join the military tomorrow, and ask to be sent to the front line. I would gladly and proudly serve the US of A, no matter my thoughts on the war. In fact if the day comes that we get our papers, the first thing I will do is sign up.

I see a lot of people with various opinions here, that find it easier to just judge people in large groups. But some of us illegals are willing to sacrifice more than some of you. Some of us are more Patriotic than some of you. Some of us, I dare say, want and love this country more than some of you. How could I not love this country? How? It's is all I've known. And some of you would like to take that from me simply because my parents wanted their children to grow up in the Greatest country on earth and had no other means to get here? I love this country too much to let it be taken from me.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Most people on this site are against Big Brother and major government control.

But when people are stupid enough to do this, I can't help but think that we need to be controlled.

Imagine people that are this ignorant actually being free & empowered... *shudders*

Morons.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

then dont you think we (as in american citizens and immigrants alike) should focus on immigration reform...instead of amnesty.amnesty makes the criminal act part OK and tolerable, when its not supposed to be.

immigration policy might have changed over time but one thing has not, and that is that everybody who has come here had to comply with the current system in place at the time. once in that system, they then had the voice to change that system(vote!).

This whole running across the border and then calling your own shots thing, is rather new. nobody would jump overboard and swim past ellis island, they complied to learning all the requirements of the nation first and paid whatever fees it took to finance the system. lets face it...it costs money to hire english teachers and desks and all that, shouldnt the immigrant have to pay that?

doesnt a movie ticket cost money? sure u could sneak in, but dont expect service of any kind, and dont be mad when they ask you for your ticket. why do they ask poeple for tickets? because some folks try to sneak in.

in that case you have every right to see the movie, but you have to pay whatever everybody else paid.

everybody has the right to opportunities.

opportunities are earned, or given. not stolen. and until EVERYBODY decides to give them(amnesty), youll have to settle for earning. nobody is stopping you. in the meantime you can focus on getting poeple to vote on lowering the standards to obtaining citizenship. you have to fight for your rights in america, and when you want something changed this is how its done, get use to it if u plan on staying.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

Thats about the most sensible thing I've read in this entire thread. I'm all for "reform." But reform isn't kicking everyone out, including those who have built a life here. Reform is; charge illegals a penalty. Whatever that amount is, if it's reasonable I'm sure the majority would pay it. To me $5-10,000 sounds reasonable. Reform is: allow young people like me to join the military or study. If I am an 'A' student, why not allow me to pay my debt by being able to study and create a business or discover Fusion. I'm sure there is an Einstein out there waiting to be discovered. A person that would gladly work to help make this country better.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

apparently its "politically correct " to reffer to them as ` undocumented ` instead

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

and i think you hit the nail right on the head. the most rewarding "payment" will be yours or whoevers integration and contributions to society. for all we know those folks running across are potential engineers and scientists and Doctors etc.... for all we know, once they learn english and our nations history and our laws and all of that, they or their children might even be one of our nations future leaders (hopefully better than our current ones!)

i couldnt even begin to set a price... but i think if we can make a student loan program work for educating our citizens, theres no reason we cant make a similar program work for immigrants.

the main issue i think right now would be somehow separating the ones who honestly want to become citizens(like yourself) from the ones who have no intention on staying(like the drug cartel folks and the tax evaders). Because the ones who have no intentions on staying are an injustice to the ones who truely want to become americans, in the same way amnesty would be an injustice to those who already went through the process.

i actually think WE THE PEOPLE can (if we put our minds to it) literally hijack this attempt by TPTB, and flip the script.

now im just going to brainstorm here, but the way i see it all of these people are potential minds for molding...molding back to how humans are supposed to be. if WE THE PEOPLE were to just suck it up and handle this ourselves like we should have been doing all along, and cutout the Federal arm of the monster thats trying to shape this situation, we would be one up in this big chess match. those people havent been brainwashed yet, and im not saying we should be the ones to do it, but for all we know they will embrace our culture and reject the NWO if we help them. If we get to them before They do, it will throw a wrench in this whole agenda.

Mexicans have alot going for them already too. For one, the family is still intact (take that Rockefeller foundation). They have alot of respectable traditions i can only admire in this immoral age.

i know one thing is for certain, TPTB see them as fair game....more blank chess pieces for the taking....that is why they arent policing the border. I understand Arizonas move (it was my first reaction to resist too!), but i think we can do one better....and flip the script on them.

Plus all of the people deserve the opportunity, we just need to pave the way and see that its used properly. Perhaps we could do like an intern thing where you are allowed to work while your learning and completing the process, and have a person come check your progress periodically like a probation officer. And only in "sanctuary" states like California, that way citizens have the option of living in a place like Arizona if they dont like it.

we make it so that to use ANY public service (that is tax payer financed....including police) you must provide ID. we give them all ID''s with a "pending" citizenship status, that can be revoked at anytime should they lag on completing citizenship or evade their progress check. it can jsut be added to the state DL. this will discourage anybody whos still here illegally but not trying to participate in the system, while at the same time foil any agenda towards a national ID (the feds are cutout.. this is simply on a state level...the feds had their chance to handle this)

that way they can work, and be able to make payments on their citizenship at the same time...hell this could even be the start to their credit score. while at the same time society benefits from the labor in the meantime. They would only be allowed IN THAT STATE untill citizenship is completed. California will obviously be the gateway state to this program (neo-ellis island), so there shouldn't be a reason for them to be caught trying to get through anywhere else. if other states want to be "recruiting" states, they can bus to and from accordingly but remember... a crime committed in another state means you will need to provide ID, and upon being checked you will be deported to whatever state your refuge is AND now you owe a fine or something to the state you trespassed in.

anybody who screws around loses all privileges and gets deported and doesnt get a second chance. considered fugitive from that point on. it could be one of the things states consider when they are broke like the whole legalizing pot thing, because it would certainly help a states economy to temporarily have legit undocumented workers working...that you can literally bus in by the hundreds..

i dunno it could work...certainly better than boycotting a damn drink....

[edit on 4-5-2010 by LurkerMan]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join