It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morons boycott Arizona Tea over immigration bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Key word. Send money back. This is not economically stable. All it does usually is pay for drug cartels or some other ungodly scum in Mexico. Perhaps you fail to realize just how bad it is in Mexico, because funneling money there illegally is NOT helping anyone. It does not feed poor families, it does no hep small children get educated. It does absolutely nothing but worsen the situation.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Gorman91]

Just wondering, how many illegal immigrants do you know? The money is going back to the families in some cases, in others, yes, it does go to gangs. I agree that there should be a solution to all this, but this bill does not do the trick.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterJedi

In what way is it unconstitutional?

Please elaborate =)

When you detain someone because they are suspected to be something they're not is quite unconstitutional.
That's just my opinion though

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

So the militia members that were detained and called home grown terrorists by the media were treated unconstitutionaly then? See, that logic goes off on so many tangents it'ss not funny.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This reminds me of the time they wanted to boycott anything that had the word French in it because France wanted to stay out of the Iraq war. (IE: 'Freedom-Fries', 'Freedom-Toast', etc.) It's just stupid.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I know quite a few and none of them send money back. They keep it for themselves so they don't have to worry about the world they left behind.

And yes, most of it does go to gangs. because even if it does go to their families, guess where it goes next? protection money, jail bail, ransoms, etc etc.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
my Grandmas from Arizonan she said this bill is great.bout time a state took action into there own hands and keep these Mexicans out who are illegal and steals our jobs.but what i do find stupid is us Michiganders now need a passport to go to Canada.its like come on i got family in Canada u want em to sneak in to go see them now?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Indeed =)

well put

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Pro-illegal?

So now, just because we don't agree with the law, we are pro-illegal? Are you serious? Come on, really? You REALLY believe that because I'm worried about how this law could be abused that means I'm all for any kind of illegal activity?

Got anymore straw men to put up?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

lol i guess its no different than boycotting "french fries" post 9/11

A guy who owns a Pizzeria near where i grew up even went as far to publish ads in the local newspaper saying "Pour all of your french wine down the drain and get money off our pizza"

People *ARE* stupid

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

So the militia members that were detained and called home grown terrorists by the media were treated unconstitutionaly then? See, that logic goes off on so many tangents it'ss not funny.

Yes. It's unconstitutional. If those militia members made threats however, or posed a threat, then yes, they should be detained and question.

This new bill introduces the right of detaining anyone based on their skin color or choice of clothing. However, this is not new, police have a record of doing this anyway lol.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

I know quite a few and none of them send money back. They keep it for themselves so they don't have to worry about the world they left behind.

And yes, most of it does go to gangs. because even if it does go to their families, guess where it goes next? protection money, jail bail, ransoms, etc etc.

Really? Then I guess not everyone is the same then huh?

Many illegals here want to go back to their home land, they're just not able to do so without being caught and being thrown in a Mexican prison left for dead.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I don't agree with too many Republican issues, but this one I totally agree with.
Really, I don't understand how you can protest against this Arizona law when it's already a law that hasn't been enforced. I felt bad for those (2) border patrols who were sent to jail for shooting at a drug smuggler a few years ago. I couldn't believe Bush wouldn't pardon those guys!!! Something just doesn't feel right when it's plain to see the government is looking the other way when it comes to illegal border crossings.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Read what is actually in the bill and you'd see that there is a provision against profiling, but if there is suspicion of status when due processing(speeding ticket, intoxications, etc...) Then the officer will be able to ask the question "Are you in the country legally?" and be able to ask for evidence of such... For legal Americans that are of Mexican descent this doesn't hinder their lives in any way, as their driver's license is proof of identity. And for anyone legally in the country that is not a resident, then their green card or work visa will be enough to clear up any misunderstanding. This is specifically designed to target illegals of all nationalities, if there is a disproportionate amount of Mexicans that are detained, that just shows the makeup of that particular area.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

I'm sorry, but that is just f***ing hilarious.

Good lord people, if you are going to boycott something, at least make sure that it comes from that state.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I would have protested the Federal law, too, had I known it existed. Just because there's a federal law too doesn't mean we should just automatically agree with the Arizona law. However, if one agrees with the Federal law then, yes, it wouldn't make any sense to disagree with the Arizona law.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Yes they do....has happened to me frequently. A few comparisons if I may.
I'm white, have 144 tattoos and several visibal piercings, long hair, wild looking beard and a pretty scarred up face. Do I get stopped more frequently than other white people, sure I do? Do I have to provide ID yup.
Pedro has a car with the stereo blaring god aweful accordian polka music blasting from the windows, he is stopped, should he have to show ID, of course he should.
See, Pedro and I both stand out, both of us get the same treatment and yet only in his instance is it an unconstitutional racist crime. Funny how that works.
I'll go ya one better.......maybe it's time we started prosecuting illegals under the RICO act......it's already in place, I don't think they'd want that. Of course the feds would have to step in for that to happen and we both know the chances of that happening.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Just wondering, how many illegal immigrants do you know? The money is going back to the families in some cases, in others, yes, it does go to gangs. I agree that there should be a solution to all this, but this bill does not do the trick.

I know no illegals, but if i did i would be on the phone quick.
I understand money may be going back to a family, but it leaves the US. this is money we citizens lose because someone is not out "Stimulating the economy."
If any part of said money does go to gangs or cartels, it is a lose lose situation.
And as far as a solution, it is not my yob to fix all of mexicos problems. we have enough of our own.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Originally posted by MasterJedi

In what way is it unconstitutional?

Please elaborate =)

When you detain someone because they are suspected to be something they're not is quite unconstitutional.
That's just my opinion though

And if they are illegal then they are guilty of a crime. If they are not illegal then they are not detained. Its the same as pulling over someone for swerving in the road. They may not be drunk, but the LEO pulling him over is going to consider that the first possibility and go from there. Your logic is flawed and if your opinion is based on your logic....

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I don't think it's right that you or "Pedro" (:@@
should be pulled over just because of the way you look or the music your listening too. Profiling goes beyond skin color. Just because you have tattoos and piercing doesn't give any cop the right to stop you from your daily activities unless they have probable cause to do so.

You aren't treated the same as others under the law in your example. You think a white male or a white female like me is going to get pulled over for just looking.....white? You think a cop will think "that person is white and has brown hair, hmmm...maybe I'll pull them over just to be sure they aren't up to any good"?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Think about what you are saying. How much money is wasted in this cycle you describe. Ultimately most of this cash flow does not do anything to help anyone. As opposed to managed immigration which enables most to benefit.

The health, economic, security, and criminal problems are simply not worth it. The bill is good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join