It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morons boycott Arizona Tea over immigration bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Anyone boycotting anything with Arizona in the name speaks volumes about the ignorance that pervades the pro-illegal movement who are supporting this stupid boycott. The law is the law. If the pro-illegals feel it is ok for the illegals to be here, why don't they go to the border and tear down the walls and fences to help their "friends" out? Oh, that would be a crime though wouldn't it? They might go to jail? Oh look here! Being an ILLEGAL in this country is a crime as well!

[edit on 3-5-2010 by DerbyCityLights]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Listen to this older NPR interview which is still applicable today:

www.npr.org...

[edit on 3-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
Anyone boycotting anything with Arizona in the name speaks volumes about the ignorance that pervades the pro-illegal movement who are supporting this stupid boycott. The law is the law. If the pro-illegals feel it is ok for the illegals to be here, why don't they go to the border and tear down the walls and fences to help their "friends" out? Oh, that would be a crime though wouldn't it? They might go to jail? Oh look here! Being an ILLEGAL in this country is a crime as well!

Just a question, though...in your vocabulary, is one who is against the construct of this legislation automatically 'pro-illegal'? Is this like saying that somebody who is pro-choice is automatically tagged as being pro-abortion?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Does this mean no one can rent Raising Arizona in California anymore? Hollywood might get ticked at that. Seriously....does California get some of it's water ffrom Arizona? I think they do, I hope they don't need to fill their pools, water the lawns, wash cars anything like that........boycotts work both ways.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
this is the worst kind of protest I have ever heard of. I want to buy 10 cases of arizona iced tea and bathe in it JUST to upset them.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Screw the boycott. I am going to vacation in Arizona this year and spend some of my cash there in support of the stance they are taking against illegal immigration.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I fully agree with and support the Arizona tea ban!
First off it seems that the name is misleading.
second coffee is far superior.
Third pre made teas just don't have the soul that fresh tea has.
.....Wait a minute, you mean the stuff has nothing to do with Arizona at all?!
***Remember Cinco de Mayo is in a couple of days!!!
5 gallon bucket and use best foods mayo for best results!!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Does this mean no one can rent Raising Arizona in California anymore? Hollywood might get ticked at that. Seriously....does California get some of it's water ffrom Arizona? I think they do, I hope they don't need to fill their pools, water the lawns, wash cars anything like that........boycotts work both ways.

Maybe we can get Neveda on Arizona's side, shut down flow out of Hoover Dam and re-fill lake Mead.................just a selfish thought as I love boating and fishing there......

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I !@#$ing love Arizona Iced Tea! But what kind of idiots would boycott everything named or inside Arizona? That just makes no sense! ARIZONA ICED TEA is not even based in Arizona but from New York. Heck this thread makes me want to get some right now. Quality iced tea that tastes great.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Remember when anything 'french' was renamed 'freedom'?
'freedom' fries, 'freedom' dressing, 'freedom' kissing, 'freedom' toast etc.

Yea, same thing. I think I'm going to go out an buy some Arizona Ice Tea now.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
the whole pro-illegal immigrant movement is ignorant and they are the racists for crying racism..

I think you're missing the point. Most illegals are here because their families are forced here to send them money back from the United States. Sure, they don't belong here but if they are sent back, they'll end up dead in a Mexican prison. I don't think you realize the conditions of the jails there considering I'm guessing you're living in the States.

There needs to be a better and more humane solution to the immigrant situation. This bill is far from logic or constitutional.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I cant believe people are boycotting Arizona.
I live in Arizona so I should suffer because a woman signed a bill

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Key word. Send money back. This is not economically stable. All it does usually is pay for drug cartels or some other ungodly scum in Mexico. Perhaps you fail to realize just how bad it is in Mexico, because funneling money there illegally is NOT helping anyone. It does not feed poor families, it does no hep small children get educated. It does absolutely nothing but worsen the situation.

If you want to help those people, you do it legally. You have aid networks work directly with the people, not funnel it to God knows where. You change and petition the Mexican government. Since when does the Mexican government have sway over one state? A state in trouble that's what.

No matter what angle you look at it, overwhelmingly illegal immigration is unwise, unchecked, and just plain stupid. No good comes from it. Even the cultural exchange is piss poor because you don't get the beauty of the Mexican culture. You get million of hungry, poor, desperate people with no culture at all other than the idea of the gang and crime.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
As a "Latino" (I hate the term), all I can say is that I hope this law works. I am tired of illegal Mexicans taking advantage of the system and at the same time, make no attempt to integrate/assimilate with American society. They make the rest of the decent people look bad.

My grandparents came into America legally, integrated and have been living outstanding lives. My father, aunts, uncles all have highly respectable jobs that pay extremely well. If only these illegals would understand that they cannot get anywhere similar if continue to come in illegally. I don't understand why they can't at least attempt to try to learn and speak English. They stick to their "kind", and create a subculture that only revolves around their "kind".

I can't tell you how many times I've been not wanted in a Mexican restruant or any other place that is dominated by this subculture, even though I have Mexican heritage. You know why? It's because I act "white", speak English fluently and dress "white".

Usually what happens when a group of illegals come into the U.S. is that they work for some type of contracting company that is willing to pay them little money. They take it because they can't get any other type of job. They usually dorm up in one place to cover rent and other living expenses. This allows them to save money, and ship it back to their families in Mexico, and again hurts the U.S. This is the way it is, trust me.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

In what way is it unconstitutional?

Please elaborate =)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterJedi

Ageed. I thought Obama asked for this to be looked into. If it was unconstitutional I think we'd know by now. Unless, he's waiting to bring that out around election time to give shot in the arm to the Dems by repealing this evil law the Repulicans have placed upon the poor honest hispanic communities. I bet that's something they'd try.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This boycott will seriously backfire.

I'm going to be drinking Arizona more often now, not because I want to spite anyone, but because the stuff is delicious.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Its the same idiots who elected our Post Turtle president.

Post Turtle - Your driving down the road and see a fence post with a turtle balanced on top. He can't do anything up there. He sure as hell didn't get there by himself. He sure as hell ain't going anywhere. He don't belong there. And one wonders about the idiot who put him there.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Its a bill to uphold the federal laws already in place... There is only one element added that isn't in the federal bill and that is a a provision prohibiting profiling... So no, the constitutionality is not a true concern...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterJedi

I was agreeing with you. I'm merely pointing out that the tactic I outlined may come into play. I'm sure they could try and disqualify it some how, which would also disqualify the federal law, there by turning it into another partisan issue right before elections in an attempt to sway still more uneducated voters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join