It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morons boycott Arizona Tea over immigration bill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

An initiative apparently started on the Internet asks people to boycott the AriZona Beverage Co. because of claims the law will unfairly target Hispanics.

And the reason they are morons...

The company is based in Woodbury, 20 miles east of New York City

Immigration Law, But...It's In New York

San Fransisco has also also called for a boycott on any product from Arizona

San Francisco's supervisors are calling for a sweeping boycott of Arizona in the wake of that state's harsh new rules aimed at illegal immigrants

San Francisco calling for a boycott of Arizona

I'm still trying to find the response, but from what I heard on the radio Arizona basically said "Hey San Fransisco, we import alot of stuff from you all, and export hardly anything to you. So are you sure you want to do this"

This is extremely funny to me. Has anyone told them that this mirrors the current federal law?

-E-

P.S. I LOVE Arizona Tea, try the 1/2 lemonade 1/2 tea, (unless you don't like having your mind blown!)

[edit on 3-5-2010 by MysterE]

+35 more 
posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
the whole pro-illegal immigrant movement is ignorant and they are the racists for crying racism..

+8 more 
posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I can't believe it took a new law to enforce the current law. The protestors don't seem to understand that the only thing new is that state police can now enforce the law that the feds refused to.

-E-

+11 more 
posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Why even have this debate about ILLEGALS? Doesn't the term ILLEGAL as in "In the country Illegally" reflect that these individuals broke the law and have to now face the law?

Seriously where do these individuals get off on trying to paint the hate/bigot brush on individuals who respect the laws.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Would these be the same morons that renamed French Fries as Freedom Fries?

Oh, sorry...those were different morons.

The moral is, we should look to the intent of the action, misplaced as the move actually was.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Let's please keep it civil and on topic without making it personal between each other.

Thank you.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I believe a lot of us ARE looking at the intent of the action.
That is more the point than just how stupid they are.

And I welcome your Canadian point of view.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

reply to post by AshleyD

Johnny, I apologize for my rude comment, it was a poor response to your comment. I have alot pf pride for my country, and when ever I see someone bashing it my first response is to strike back.

AshleyD, thanks for keeping me on track

-E-

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Many Latinos Favor Enforcing the Law

The controversy surrounding efforts by the State of Arizona to enforce federal laws against illegal immigration is usually presented as a conflict between those Americans who like Latinos in America and those Americans who are afraid of Latinos in America. A CNN news stories reveals, however, that a significant number of Latino-Americans who are in the nation legally or who are citizens of the United States strongly support cracking down on illegal immigration.

These Latinos understand that the issues involved related to legal or criminal behavior, not to national origin. The idea that Latinos would reflexively oppose laws which keep illegal immigrants out of America is as offensive as the notion that Americans of Japanese origin would resent enforcing laws that kept illegal immigrants from Japan out of the country or that Italian-Americans would not want laws against illegal immigration enforced against people from Italy.

When people move into America it is often to escape from the problems of the “old country.” That has historically meant adopting the ideals, the politics, and the laws of America in preference to what they left behind. Chinese immigrants in the 19th Century hardly wanted America turned into the impoverished, oppressive country of Imperial China. Chinese, Jews, Irish, Italians, and many other ethnic groups came to America because of a love of an America built around ordered liberty and that meant also built around a stable legal system. One of the joys of America is that immigrants have retained ethnic values and culture, while accepting the laws of this country. So, New York and Chicago are a smorgasbord of German, Chinese, Puerto Rican, Jewish, and Italian cuisines, all the while remaining one hundred percent American.

Read more: The New American

Are the hispanics who are here legally and support this law racial bigots to?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Yuck, double post. :shk:

[edit on 5/3/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

reply to post by AshleyD

Johnny, I apologize for my rude comment, it was a poor response to your comment. I have alot pf pride for my country, and when ever I see someone bashing it my first response is to strike back.
AshleyD, thanks for keeping me on track-E-

No problem...Canada is not without its social issues so I don't speak with any sense of misplaced moral superiority. Simply speaking to intent of the movement. Let's have a beer...like Obama...but Canadian, eh?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
the whole pro-illegal immigrant movement is ignorant and they are the racists for crying racism..

This is a callous and untrue statement.

I am labeled pro-illegal (although that's really a misnomer at best) and am really more anti-stupid.

The stupidity in this debate has gotten so bad that they are protesting things with even the name of the State that enacted a law that doesn't affect them.

As for the racist claim, I don't buy it 100%. Are there racists out there? Yes, quite a good number from my experience. However, xenophobic seems a bit more likely in general.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It sort of reminds me of those that refused to buy french fries or demanded that the name be changed to freedom fries after 9/11. Our decision to eat fries or even to change their had little impact on France. Similarly, boycotting Arizona tea as others have pointed out will have little impact on Arizona.

Though I have long forgotten the brands mentioned, I remember reading that similar things happened to American based companies with brands that could be associated with Germany during WWII.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
It sort of reminds me of those that refused to buy french fries or demanded that the name be changed to freedom fries after 9/11. Our decision to eat fries or even to change their had little impact on France. Similarly, boycotting Arizona tea as others have pointed out will have little impact on Arizona.

Though I have long forgotten the brands mentioned, I remember reading that similar things happened to American based companies with brands that could be associated with Germany during WWII.

You're thinking of Liberty Cabbage...in place of Sauerkraut. Berlin, Ontario became Kitchener during WWI, I believe. Yet Swastika survived the Nazis, with pride.

Again, it all speaks to the intent of the action.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Since when do people support illegals? They must be uneducated.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracydude
Since when do people support illegals? They must be uneducated.

I do.

I'm also quite well educated thanks.

Peace
KJ

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

So your education level is telling you that it's alwright for every other generation to abide by United States laws and regulations,except this one

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Interesting.

So lets just boycott everything with the word Arizona in it. That is a plan that is sure to work.

I can already tell this is going to get ugly, which is good for the people that are anti-amnesty and pro-securing the boarders. I saw a cartoon earlier today that was pretty funny had a guy holding up a sign that said 'Illegals Boycott Arizona' and had a politician walking behind him with a talk bubble that said "Mission Accomplished".

That is about everybody's sentiments when it comes to this issue. The pro amnesty people is a very small but very vocal group.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join