It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Do you have a Novel Solution to the Gulf Oil Spill?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Steve8511
There is no real fix that will help in a time period needed to save what WILL be lost.
A nuke tailored to create more of a heat signature vs an explosive rate could do the job. But there is too much misinformation in the public. The fallout would be minimal and worth the risk vs what IS going to happen. But again too many people would be afraid of the idea, even though we have detonated hundreds of nukes underwater in the 50’s+. This is probably the economy killer we have been expecting to happen.

Have you seen the pics of Bikini Atol where we used to do nuke testing underwater? There are huge gaping holes.

If I am to understand correctly, this deposit runs under a huge portion of the south/southeastern US seaboard.

Allegedly, a gas pocket ignited and caused this mishap.

Nuke, natural gas, under the US southern states?

I did have an idea though. What about the dredges they have been using in Dubai to build all those islands? They move *massive* amounts of sand and could be used to literally bury it. Sand and concrete.

*shrug* Good an idea as any, I suppose.

www.chroniclebooks.com...

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Ok how about this

It can be placed at any depth in the main drill hole (below any cracks in the bed rock)
the hollow steal insert is attached to a pipe that leads to a storage tanker and have a pump running while the insert is being place in the hole (to bypass the pressure) and when to a effective depth inflate the balloon bag to seal the well and continue to pump or fix with a valve to perm shut it down

It dose not need to be a balloon bag any type of compressible rubber (think a sanding drum for a rotary tool just bigger)

[edit on 3-5-2010 by hillbilly4rent]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Originally posted by Steve8511
There is no real fix that will help in a time period needed to save what WILL be lost.
A nuke tailored to create more of a heat signature vs an explosive rate could do the job. But there is too much misinformation in the public. The fallout would be minimal and worth the risk vs what IS going to happen. But again too many people would be afraid of the idea, even though we have detonated hundreds of nukes underwater in the 50’s+. This is probably the economy killer we have been expecting to happen.

Have you seen the pics of Bikini Atol where we used to do nuke testing underwater? There are huge gaping holes.

If I am to understand correctly, this deposit runs under a huge portion of the south/southeastern US seaboard.

Allegedly, a gas pocket ignited and cause dthis mishap.

Nuke, natural gas, uner the US southern states?

I did have an idea though. What about the dredges they have been using in Dubai to build all those islands? They move *massive* amounts of sand and could be used to literally bury it. Sand and concrete.

*shrug* Good an idea as any, I suppose.

www.chroniclebooks.com...

The petroleum would merely leak through the sand.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Sure, you could TRY to put big rocks around it.

Now, please grab a sieve. Line it with rocks, big, small, sand, shales, whatever.

Now pour olive oil over it.

When the olive oil drips out of the bottom of the sieve, and you realize that all you would have done is put rocks all over the area you need clear so that you can work on it.....get back to us.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The reason for the disaster was the pressure was so high... higher than the emergency cut off valves could stop... the abrasive content of the spew literally cut the valve faces off... grinding the metal away as the valves were closing...

If the flow is not stopped somehow, the abrasive content will enlarge the hole after it grinds the pipe completely away.

This is why a 2nd hole must be drilled.... a 2nd hole would cut the pressure in half...and perhaps divert much of it while valves that could withstand the incredible pressures are installed... if they exist at all.. perhaps with valve faces covered with saphire or diamonds..

------------------

And re the clean up itself... if you gave me the money and said go fix this.. I would collect the largest collection of the largest centrifugal oil separators onto barges... and start vaccuming up the oil as fast as it comes to the surface... edit - or rather as fast as I could run my pumps between overhauls...

The trouble is... the energy used would be huge and perhaps more than the recovered oil... and I know there are centrifugal oil separators made, I dont know how big they can be made, whether they exist right now... and/or how long to fabricate them..

Or how long such pumps would last trying to pump that gritty oily mess...

[edit on 3-5-2010 by seataka]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by seataka

That's just amazing. Anyone know what sort of pressures we're talking about here?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
So what are they doing right now ?
Just boating around the area scratching their asses?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
BP's current plan is to place a steel dome over it, as I heard on ABC radio this morning.

The BP website pertaining to their response......

www.bp.com...

Submarine ROVs are still trying to activate the blow out preventer valve on the seabed.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
They are using my Cone(instead using a box)and hose Idea.

Damn, Im in the wrong career field.

Edit-

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Common Good]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
BP's current plan is to place a steel dome over it, as I heard on ABC radio this morning.

The BP website pertaining to their response......

www.bp.com...

[edit on 3-5-2010 by butcherguy]

If you see any specs or images on that, I'd be interested.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I was wondering about that. The blowout preventer is still in place, but isn't activated?

The site says that they are drilling a second well, however it will take 2-3 months. Which is probably longer than you want to wait for containment.

[edit on 2010/5/3 by Aeons]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I checked ABC site, they didn't have anything about the steel dome.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

If i were going to shut it i would drill 4 holes around the leak drop in some explosives and let them close off the hole by pinching it shut. Or use them as anchor points for a cap thought that would take alot longer.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by Sri Oracle

If i were going to shut it i would drill 4 holes around the leak drop in some explosives and let them close off the hole by pinching it shut. Or use them as anchor points for a cap thought that would take alot longer.

How do you know that will close of the aperture? Not just make a big mess of the surface and let the petroleum leak up everwhere?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

BAstards! shame you didn't file a quick patent earlier!

Although,I am not sure if it is cone shaped,or if it has a pipe coming from it.
There was a photo I just saw in my copy of "the times" newspaper today(UK),and it showed 2 or 3 large rectangular looking steel boxes-they looked like 20 storey buildings made of metal.

That was what they claimed they were going to seal the hole with....somehow.
They will take at least another 5 days to complete,then they have to be transported.And theres no way of knowing if they will work,whatever BP claims-this type of thing has never been done before.

Good grief this could see entire species wiped out.
And not just little critters-i am talking dolphins,manatees and such.

I am going to look in to converting my car to ethanol because of this-I just hope that is not a futile gesture in these times.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Do you have a Novel Solution to the Gulf Oil Spill? Yes, Preposition 3-2000 pounders and blow them , keep at it till they pipe is collapsed below the solid sea bottom and oil leak has stopped.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Where are those USOs when you need them? OK, maybe the flooding in Nashville causes a delay in the oil reaching the shore that gives us some time...Let's get it right. While I like the rock idea remember it might just slow the leak plus I think it is leaking in several spots. I love dolphins as much as the next guy. But what if they carried thermite to the area. I am told it melts whatever it is in contact with. I'm sure they have already been trained for this type of mission.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Map? Anyone got a map of where this hole is?

Also, I cannot seem to quickly find a lithology / formation chart of the Gulf. Anyone?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Can't say I have a solution to the current problem... But the solution to the problem of using petrofuels for energy lies in wresting the information on the many other forms of energy from the PTB. Many of these would be free (after the initial investment to extract) - such as magnetic extraction from the earth, and of course the best - the energy in the plenum (opposite of vacuum) which has been called variously Orgone, Radient Energy, Zero Point Energy and "Dark" Energy.

But once these come to light, the need for money dissipates and the super rich will be no better (or worse) than the reast of us.

The Power Elite will no longer be elite.

See my post here for information:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
A large vibrating fork apparatus attached to a robot could activate the blowout preventer.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join