It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen gets 40 years for killing Border Patrol agent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

No one is devaluing the illegals as humans, but can you deny the fact that there needs to be some orderly process about it?

The simple fact that we have AMERICAN citizens being shot at and killed by drug runners and coyotes says enough.

And I love how Mexico waxes eloquent about tough immigration reform. They're hoping we take care of their problem for them...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

Amen to that Darkrunner
I never said I had a problem with Mexican Nationals....
I do have a problem with the trouble illegals bring with them...
By virtue of being illegal they have to steal identities, falsify documents, commit countless petty crimes just to stay under the radar of immigration and Law Enforcement...Then we do have these more ruthless types who killed this young officer willing to do anything regardless the cost in lives... we need a better plan we need to stop the inflow, we need to protect our our citizens!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by DaddyBare
so someone explain to me how hosting illegals here in this country doesn't hurt anyone???

Can you explain to me how using one murderer who happens to be illegal (as we all know, there have been thousands upon thousands of murders preformed by legal citizens) to make your argument is something that should be taken seriously?

Take a look at the amount of illegal aliens that make up gangs such as MS-13, La Eme and others.

Take a look at the amount of legal citizens in the Bloods, Crips, Italian, Irish and Russian Mafias.

Not all illegals are violent criminals.

That's why I don't understand these 'open border' idiots.
You and me both, we need strict regulation of our borders and a strong screening system for all immigrants

Without some kind of organized immigration system, you get the gang-bangers and drug runners coming in with the law abiding illegals.
All the more reason all of the illegals should be taken on a case-by-case, those who have no gang affiliations or violent past that can be found can be given amnesty if they wish to stay, deported if they don't.

Build a goddamn wall from San Diego to Brownsville, and man it with the national guard. Take the money we are wasting in Iraq and Afghanistan to pay for it.

!!!

Now I wait for the obligatory moron to tell me why we shouldn't build a wall....

Last argument I heard against it was something about migration patterns of native wildlife.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
I'm confused...

Why don't we send him back? Why spend our tax dollars keeping him alive?

Send him back, tell Meixco if this guy shows back up here, it will be considered a hostile action taken by Mexico, and dealt with accordingly.

Same with each illegal immigrant in all the Arizona prisons.

It's a very simple solution....start holding Mexico accountable. You think they wouldn't hold us accountable if we had gangs going in killing their officers?

You would have to spend the tax dollars to keep him alive since you are the ones doing the punishing. Death penalty would save some of that.

I also don't believe there is any country that has ever been held accountable for the actions of individual citizens and I don't believe the US would be if the shoe was on the other foot.

Not saying that public apologies and lip service would not be givien if asked for but those actions don't make up for the lose of human life.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

so someone explain to me how hosting illegals here in this country doesn't hurt anyone???

Can you explain to me how using one murderer who happens to be illegal (as we all know, there have been thousands upon thousands of murders preformed by legal citizens) to make your argument is something that should be taken seriously?

Easily.

Without the illegal immigrant "coyote" plying his murderous trade, the border patrol father and husband would still be alive.

My question is why only 40 years? Executing a border patrol agent deserves the death penalty IMO.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

No one is devaluing the illegals as humans, but can you deny the fact that there needs to be some orderly process about it?

No. I cannot deny that. However, the "orderly process" in place now is so prohibitively expensive that those who most need to find work here, good honest people with no drugs or guns, just a strong work ethic, are those who can't afford to do it legally. Coyotes exist because of our immigration laws. Similarly, drug runners are only able to ply their trade because drugs are illegal. Remember, how everyone says the war on drugs is a failure? Legalize drugs, let any ol' Walgreens sell anything they want to anyone, and border violence will instantly and utterly vanish. Just like it did when Prohibition was repealed. So will a fair percentage of gang violence. And those who don't want to take drugs will continue to not take them, and we can release God only knows how many hundreds of thousands of people imprisoned for victimless crimes, their freedom taken away because they bought some weed or something. Sounds like a fair trade-off to me. Seconded?

The simple fact that we have AMERICAN citizens being shot at and killed by drug runners and coyotes says enough.

Sure. I'll admit it. People suck. Been sayin' it for years. But people suck everywhere, don't you see? American, Dutch, Turk, Aussie, Brit, Nauruan even... the worst of us hide amongst all of them. No race, no nationality, no religion, no ethnicity is without those who suck. Sociopaths and psychopaths, the morbidly-greedy, ... Hasn't just about every serial killer in American history been Caucasian? Wasn't the Times Square "bomber" guy a legal immigrant from Pakistan?? Think, people, think! If half of Canada suddenly streamed across the border, there'd be just as concurrent a rise in violence as there'd be from the same number of Mexicans, or Kenyans, or Chinese, or Palestinians. They can get guns here, after all. And then they become us. US. That's how America works... but, apparently, only if you can afford the price of admission to Freedom. Or get born here, of course.

And I love how Mexico waxes eloquent about tough immigration reform. They're hoping we take care of their problem for them...

Mexico (along with Canada) expects to soon see the creation of the North American Union. Everything our three governments say and do these days with regard to immigration is designed to waste time until the "right time" for it to materialize has come, and then both our borders will cease to exist. Why spend billions on a fence that you'll just be tearing down in, say, five years? "One big family" is their goal... but given who'll be running it, it probably won't be happy. In the meantime...

"If you wish to be loved, love."
--Seneca the Younger

[edit on 5/4/2010 by Thought Provoker]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This is about a murderer, who also happens to be from another country.

Using this to characterize illegal immigrants is rather narrow-minded. Imaginary lines on a piece of paper do not accurately delineate one kind of person from another... just ask your next-door neighbor.

Being an illegal immigrant means continuously complying with the local laws, and not committing any more crimes that could get you deported. This kid is a thug.

I agree the borders should not be managed as they are; but frankly, I think the reason the borders are so "loose" is because the same people who can control it are benefiting from them being open (or at least would NOT benefit from them being closely monitored.)

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Being an illegal immigrant means continuously complying with the local laws, and not committing any more crimes that could get you deported. This kid is a thug.

I'd have to disagree with you on that one. Illegal immigrants that live in sanctuary cities don't have to constantly comply with local laws for fear of deportation because they have sanctuary status. They won't get deported no matter what they do because the LEO's are not allowed to inquire about their immigration status. As a matter of fact they routinely get away with commiting crimes because most of the time they won't even be arrested because the police see it as a waste of time and money as they have no way of finding out their real identity, there is a very slim chance that they will show up for court, and if they don't there is no way to issue a bench warrant. It's an everyday thing here in Chicago, they drive with no drivers licence, no insurance (even though auto insurance is mandatory here) drive drunk and get away with all of it. If they are involved in an accident 90% of the time the cops simply let them go, I've seen it happen way to many times to count. In sanctuary cities the illegals laugh at our laws because they are only enforced on citizens, it's all one big joke to them.

I agree the borders should not be managed as they are; but frankly, I think the reason the borders are so "loose" is because the same people who can control it are benefiting from them being open (or at least would NOT benefit from them being closely monitored.)

I couldn't agree with you more on this one

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Why are Mexicans running drugs into the US? Because so many Americans want those drugs and are willing to pay highly for them.

Why are Mexicans crossing illegally to work in the US? Because so many Americans are willing to hire them for low wages. Many Americans shop and patronize those businesses for their low prices.

So, to be fair, who's fault is the drug running and illegal immigration?

Just askin...

edit to add: Of course its not so simple or one sided. Why is there so much poverty in Mexico? Partially it is our fault and partially it is their fault too. The point of my post was only to point out that we have to look at all sides of the issue; including our own role in creating the mess. In the end, as with so much, its not Mexicans vs Americans, but us vs the PTB in both countries who are liking things just the way they are.

[edit on 5/4/2010 by wayno]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Maxmars]

You hit the nail on the head...
Just who is benefiting from them being open
Why allow all the chaos and do nothing while the country of Mexico falls apart???

Casper Weinberger was kind enough to leave us a clue...
those clues lay in the NAFT agreement... slipped in other agreements like
NORCOM (the North Command) you see if Mexico's government does collapse or to much trouble caused along the borders, there is a written agreement that things automatically kick in...

Mexico is designated North America's southern security perimeter and U.S. military aircraft now have carte blanche to penetrate Mexican airspace. Moreover, the North American Security and Prosperity Agreement (ASPAN in its Mexican initials) seeks to integrate the security apparatuses of the three NAFTA nations under Washington's command.
Now the Merida Initiative signed by Bush II and Calderon in early 2007 allows for the emplacement of armed U.S. security agents - the FBI, the DEA, the CIA, and ICE - on Mexican soil and contractors like the former Blackwater cannot be far behind.
Wars are fought for big fat juicy government contracts ya know...

[edit on 4-5-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Have to disagree with you on that one. I grew up in chicago and know of many illegals that were deported without having commited a crime, not to mention a few that had, to know that your idea of chicago as a legal sanctuary is a bit off the mark.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

And how long ago was it that you grew up in Chicago ? I have lived here all my life and I am not mistaken about our sanctuary status.

Chicago was not always a sanctuary city, and it is a recent thing that it has become one. If you grew up here more than 4 years ago then of course you would've seen what you saw, being that Chicago became a sanctuary city in 2006.

www.sanctuarycities.info...

www.sanctuarycities.info...

County Commissioner Roberto Maldonado, the measure’s sponsor, said he wants to prevent the county from joining a growing group of local jurisdictions that are cooperating with the Department of Homeland Security to enforce immigration laws.

If the measure passes, Maldonado said, sheriff’s deputies could not ask for immigration papers during traffic stops and county employees could not report suspected illegal immigrants to federal authorities.

morningcoffee.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Very valid point and yes I have been away from chicago for a little over 10 years so I do have an old idea of the place.

I read the info you provided and I must say that your labeling or rather it's own labeling of sanctuary city is correct but I still must say that this does not mean that people from these cities are not being deported. It just means that local authorities are not working with federal agencies to confirm citizenship.

I have a hard time beliving that if someone is involved in a crime they are just let go and not arrested for the crime because they can't identify the person. Since when has not being able to establish a persons identity a get out of jail free card.

Even if they don't know who you are they will take you in, fingerprint charge, fine and/or incarcerate you. If there is a next time you will pop up in the system with any names (false identities) you may have used in the past.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

The only time illegals are deported from Chicago is if the Feds come in and do a sweep, the local authorities do absolutely nothing about illegals.

I can understand why you would have a hard time believing that they let people that have been involved in a crime just walk away, but it happens everyday. Since Chicago became a sanctuary city, and they don't get a get out of jail free card, what they get is a don't get arrested card. Believe me the Chicago that you knew is no longer here, Daley's made sure of that. I'm sure that if you grew up here you probably can't even imagine having to pay to spend time at the lake, well you do know. They're putting up those pay boxes all over the lakefront, now if you want to spend a day at the lake it'll cost you $1.00 an hour to park your car. They completely ignored the stipulation that the lakefront be kept free for the people.

I could give you many examples of what I'm talking about, but it would take too long, so I'll just give you one. Two years ago my son and his friend were riding their motorcycles and his friend was run off the road. The guy was an illegal, had no drivers licence, no insurance (which is mandatory), no ID. So they called the police and when they got there they told him that they were sorry, but there was nothing they could do. They said the guy's illegal, he probably won't show up for court, and we have no way to find him if he doesn't. Then they said he'd probably get better results just handling it on his own, got in their squad and drove off. And I've also seen situations like that with my own eyes.

Now I'm sure that the police aren't happy about doing that, but that's what they're told to do so they don't waste time and money. Like I said I can see where it may be hard for you to believe it since you know a different Chicago. But believe it or not, that's how it is here now.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

If that is how things are happening I could see why US citizens are pissed. Kinda makes me wonder what they, TPTB, are trying to pull cause I will say that they are not making legal immigration any easier. It's like they are intentionally trying to create conflict.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

It's like they are intentionally trying to create conflict.

The longer they keep us distracted, they more they can get away with.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Illegals kill 12 Americans per day...(2006)

Illegals Target Sheriffs as Gang Initiations...

Illegal Aliens are the most lethal Drivers....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join