It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

extrasensory perception - New on ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Now that's where you and I differ. Because if/when I get a sense of danger to myself and others... I immediately STOP what I'm doing and rethink my approach. Many times I've been forced to abandon my efforts all together. I do that ALOT... mainly because I'm actually AWARE of a group of individuals covertly trying to harm me, my family and friends. They know precisely how to GET IN MY FACE and make their presence known... on a regular basis. It's a game to them... with highly dangerous consequences if one doesn't stay alert.

[edit on 3/5/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight
If you really want to rid yourself of this feeling, I would suggest 2 things. Try meditating every day for at least 15 mins. This will help immensly with inner body awareness and where this feeling is coming from. Second, get some sort of wristband, an elastic would work, and switch it to your other wrist every time you catchyour self judging a situation as good or bad. I have helped a few others with very similar obstacles. The key to success is realizing that there is no good or bad, only your mind labeling things based on past conditioning from your parents/teachers/friends. It is not a duality, we suffer because we become attached to outcomes. When something dosent go our way we call it bad. The thing is.... we have NO idea what is bad / good for us in the long run. Your girlfriend might break up with you today and you wil curse the world for it, but maybe that happened so you could find your true live a year later. Meditate on this concept and it will free you of the terrible sensation you have been experiencing. once your brain stops labeling things as good or bad your body will stop reacting. I have seen people free themselves of this before, u2u me if you have any questions.

- There's a little boy and on his 14th birthday he gets a horse... and everybody in the village says, "how wonderful. The boy got a horse" And the Zen master says, "we'll see." Two years later, the boy falls off the horse, breaks his leg, and everyone in the village says, "How terrible." And the Zen master says, "We'll see." Then, a war breaks out and all the young men have to go off and fight... except the boy can't cause his legs all messed up. and everybody in the village says, "How wonderful." And the Zen master says, "We'll see."

I like the zen story, but realizing there is no good or bad is not the same. Reality is not about how you judge a situation or anything (like the story), it is good and bad which exist in reality. Why would someone deny reality to ease their mind...many reasons. Maybe that's not what you meant but it seemed close to that.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mark_price

I think what bringthelight was trying to add to the convo was a way to get rid of this phenomenon as some people are actually seriously hindered by their over-sensitivity

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Whatcim suggesting is not denying reality, it's accepting what IS without making any judgments. Good and bad are just concepts of our overworked brains. For some more insight on the topic try reading the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.

The fact is, in the long run you have no idea what is good or bad for you. If you accept what is the duality or good/bad starts to dissapear. Then you will be able to understand your intuition o. A higher level. Peace an good luck to you

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight

The fact is, in the long run you have no idea what is good or bad for you.

Oh I see, it is not the fact that good and bad exists; it's what is good or bad for you. So we can't determine that? Maybe I'll start a thread about this someday. I wrote a book that deals with this in a way that most authors see as the opposite to their style of thinking.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakif

I have the same ability. The tough thing about it is that it is ALWAYS the same intensity of dread that takes over my mind and body no matter the size of the event. For example, I get the same feeling for a broken limb as I do a death. The other part that bothers me is that I never know WHO it is about. As you stated, it can be from ANYONE who has influence in my life. So I wind up going into a panic and calling around. I never know what to say other than "something's wrong and I don't know with who!" My family and closest friends have come to realize that I'm not kidding and that something is happening so they usually accomodate me and try to figure it out.

As frusterating as it is, it is a GIFT!!! Think of it as a warning system and embrace it. Best of luck and you are NOT alone!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join