It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

extrasensory perception - New on ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Hi. I am a young man, in the middle of my 20's. I have been a member on ATS quite a while, and a frequent reader alot longer than that, but have never really been the one to post a new thread. I think I have made only two as to this date. Anyway, when I wanted to start a new thread now, In the paranormal section, I was told to post a few in the Introductions Forum. So here goes. (PS. I am not of English-speaking origin, som please bare with my flaws.)

Extrasensory Perception

I really don't know that much about this, so consider me to be a nobody as regarding knowledge of the Extrasensory Perception and other paranormal topics. My "hang around forum" here on ATS is Space Exploration. But anyways.

I think I have this kind of sixth sense. It is really strong and have always been there. But it is rather uncontrollable, and only "kicks in" at certain times. And it is eating me alive. I will try to explain.

I get this sensation, it's like within, and in my gut, and in my soul and in my heart and in my brain, that consumes me. And it tells me whenever something bad is going to happen to me.. It can be anything, but only those things that really affects the every day life. Like for example if I love a girl, I can get this feeling that something is wrong, and I can nearly picture it to detail what (if something has happened without me knowing it) has happened or will happen, and the effects it has upon me. I allways know when I'm going to lose. I can describe in detail a string of events that has happened, without me really knowing it, that will lead to bad results for me.

This can happen over vast distances and it is allways related to a person that has great influence in my life. If someone is or will be cheating on me, I know. If someone hurts because of me, I know. If someone dies, that is close to me, I know . The big underline here is. I allways know when "the big bad"/bad things happen to me. Before it does. And I can't change it. No matter how hard I try, I can't, and it tears me appart. All I can do, is sit and wait for it to happen. It seems to me that my "sense" kicks in to late. It also feels like bad events is a direct result of me, even if I know that there is no relation between the "bad thing" and my actions.

This scares me, and annoys me, and destroys me. And as I have grown older, the feeling gets stronger every time.

It seems to me that this "sense" or call it whatever you want, is ment to make me suffer longer and harder and more than I need to. It is almost like itself is the REASON that bad things happen.

And bare in mind, the "sense" only kicks in on REALLY BIG everyday life things. Love and such. And it destroys it.

Does anybody else have this sensation? Or anything similar? I can't live with it anymore, because it hurts to much. I can physically feel it. It's like beeing punched in the stomach again and again, and the sensation lasts. Is there something I can do?

I need help.. Don't know where else to turn to.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
You have a gift, not a curse. Think of the benifit it could bring, would the chance to save a human life one day have made your discomfort all worth it? All things happen for a reason. You create your own reality, so if you think of this ability as a painfull curse, then thats what it will be.

Unfortunatly you'll probably have to look within yourself, rather than to other people to explain why it happens to you and what to do about it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
20 years of knowing and looking, and I am all alone. It is so hard to see within. For me it has never been anything than a curse, even though I try to see the positive side of it, try to controll it, try to help with it, it allways ends bad. I really want to speak with someone like me. So I can understand it. I know there are so many fakes, so many that braggs about their abilites. Would like to hear from someone with a similar story as mine.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I really don't want to go into a lot of detail but I too share something of what you're trying to explain.

When I was very young I had a 'lunch date' with a family friend I loved dearly - we were to get together for an outing after he got back from Mexico.
Before he left I had a dream - not really a dream, but, I woke from a serious sense of dread thinking ' Call him. Call him before he goes.'
I didn't.
This happened the next night also.
I regret (and have for all my life) I didn't call this man to tell him how much he meant to me.
He had a heart attack and died on the plane and I never saw him again.

The same 'dream type' premonition came to me over concerning another dearly loved one and he - committed suicide.

My father? I was vacuuming and stopped, kind of shook my head and started signing a song I always have attributed to my Dad.
The next day I got the call - he's died right around (if not the very moment) I stopped vacuuming to sing.

My mom? We, well, don't have the best of relationships to put it lightly. Anyway. Twice in the last 3 years I've called her EXACTLY when she was having a stoke and both times got her medical help via Skype (no one was at home with her and she had no way to dial the phone, etc, due to previous strokes). Added note - I very very rarely call her. Very rarely.

These are only a few instances.
And no it's not bragging, it's facts, and not even something I'm 'proud' of, if anything the opposite. Not ashamed, but, certainly it's something I don' tout and out welcome.

Like you said - a curse. For me it's the same because, it's like, no matter what I still can't change anything - even when I know something is going to happen. I guess because I can't control it, or can't figure out how to teach myself more about it, learn how to 'harness' it, etc.

Peace to you friend... Feel free to U2U me if you'd like...

peace

[edit on 3-5-2010 by silo13]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakif

What you have is a wonderful ability. Embrace it don't reject it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well even thogh I wont be of much use to you i'd like to share my experience as well...
Luckily i havent had alot of doom and gloom in my personal life but I've had 1 lifechanging experience.... it literaly brought me where I am now as to how I "would have" lead my life had it not happened...
I was 18 when this happened. there was this girl I had a relationship with at the time, so it was the beginning of june 2004 and I was about to go on my first holiday across the atlantic without my parents... things between me and this girl hadn't been going very well but even so we were quite close, later i would hear from her mom how she'd always say that I would be her husband (knowing the religion I used to practise its important to note this is not just a random remark) and I myself was actually quite positive about a possible future with her (point being the emotional bond). shortly before I left to go on this trip I decided I wanted to see her again. this meeting was really pleasant with the prospect of going out again upon my return. but the week of my return (i would return on a thursday) on a monday somewhere in the morning (I was on a camping trip with family) I had this very very ominous feeling and it wouldn't go away... I would be influenced by it all day but I really didn't have an explanation for it so I tried to brush it off. when I returned to my own country my parents told me that this girl died on monday, she got in front of a van... she died hours later from headtrauma... this experience has haunted me ever since... I havent experienced anything like that ominous feeling ever again but ever since I have been very alert to my so called sixth sence... this to me has resulted in all kinds of different coincidentialitys...
I am certain that there is alot more than meets the eye to this phenomenon. I have noticed, just like you said, that this sense of mine is quite limited to my close suroundings as in friends and family's. I am known to be ubersensitive, being able to read any kind of atmosphere within seconds and I have a pretty keen eye when it comes to sensing intentions of people... (dont get me wrong as I do actually get it wrong from time to time) as with you this feeling mostly strikes me in the stomach and I have caught myself trying to escape it the last coupe of years... i'd very much like to know how to control this and be able to use it in a positive way instead of being able to sniff out everyone who hates me and feeling bad/insecure about it...

[edit on 3-5-2010 by faceoff85]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Thank you, Silo13 for your story. I don't know a whole lot about u2u and stuff, so i'm going to try to "u2u"-u and see if I do it correctly. Much appreciated to share ones curese/gift!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
I had this very very ominous feeling and it wouldn't go away... I would be influenced by it all day but I really didn't have an explanation for it so I tried to brush it off.

That is exactly how I feel.. Influenced by it all day. It starts in the gut/belly, only I have experienced it time and time and time again. I am so sorry for your loss.

One question. Did the sensation make it feel like it was YOU versus the whole world? That you were all alone, and that you knew you was right?

Peace

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakif

Hows it goin there guy.

It seems as tho you are experiencing an advanced version of what people like to call a gut feeling and my best advice to you is to listen. I know it is hard sometimes as temptation is all around but you will better off. Whenever you get these feelings look at everything you are doing in your life and rid yourself of what ever is giving you these bad feelings. Some things are unavoidable, but if you do your best to keep you timeline positive the feelings should subside. You might experience slight headaches. Which are normal and will go away the more you practice altering your future. Trust me this gift is not meant to hurt but to guide you. Use it wisely my friend.('
')

God speed and safe travels,
JC

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakif

Well I dont really know how to explain the sensation from that time... I can recall it quite vividly though. if i'd analyze what happened to me I'd have to say I just lost my head... confused, restless, wanting to do something but not knowing what to do... I strongly felt the urge to take action... but since at the time I was about 9000km away from where it happened I didn't know what to do or even what the cause of my uneasyness was... also I was in a remote area in British Columbia CA with 6 people around me... I felt a big distance between me and my fam at that time though... as if I was there but at the same time I wasn't. my head was clouded

I just read the previous post about the user calling it "an advanced version of gutfeeling" I can realte with that... I actually use my gutfeeling alot with all kinds of things... mostly though when interacting with people and in those cases its actually quite helpfull as it gives me insight as to how I should act and respond. I havent even come close to being able to use stronger "gutfeelings" though. they just come and go and the qonsuquences just happen. but as I started out I havent seen alot of misery

one thing I cant say though is that this gutfeeling is related to foresight... the vibe I got from my own experience was as if I was somehow connected to whatever happened over there.. as if part of me knew what had happened to her... I dont think I knew in advance. with that conviction I dont think anyone could make practical use in the sense of being able to avert certain happenings... its just that you wouldn't really need anyone to tell you something bad happened since you'd already be aware. I'm kinda intriqued by your telling that this is happening all the time... I relate this experience to the emotional bonds we all have

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
If you really want to rid yourself of this feeling, I would suggest 2 things. Try meditating every day for at least 15 mins. This will help immensly with inner body awareness and where this feeling is coming from. Second, get some sort of wristband, an elastic would work, and switch it to your other wrist every time you catchyour self judging a situation as good or bad. I have helped a few others with very similar obstacles. The key to success is realizing that there is no good or bad, only your mind labeling things based on past conditioning from your parents/teachers/friends. It is not a duality, we suffer because we become attached to outcomes. When something dosent go our way we call it bad. The thing is.... we have NO idea what is bad / good for us in the long run. Your girlfriend might break up with you today and you wil curse the world for it, but maybe that happened so you could find your true live a year later. Meditate on this concept and it will free you of the terrible sensation you have been experiencing. once your brain stops labeling things as good or bad your body will stop reacting. I have seen people free themselves of this before, u2u me if you have any questions.

- There's a little boy and on his 14th birthday he gets a horse... and everybody in the village says, "how wonderful. The boy got a horse" And the Zen master says, "we'll see." Two years later, the boy falls off the horse, breaks his leg, and everyone in the village says, "How terrible." And the Zen master says, "We'll see." Then, a war breaks out and all the young men have to go off and fight... except the boy can't cause his legs all messed up. and everybody in the village says, "How wonderful." And the Zen master says, "We'll see."

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I KNEW I wasn't the only one. Now all there's left to do is find a common denominator and figure out why we were targeted. Compare notes... and go public.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It's so hard to describe it, Faceoff85, but I think we understand eachother. When you mention the "distance" part... "advanced gut feeling" and so on..

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakif

hehehe... so now comes the 1million dollar question: how do we deal with it...
the advice to start conditioning my brain to interpret bad signals differently doesn;t appeal to me... even though I can understand for some people this might help them, I dont feel this has been conditioned by my upbringing and its not related to my personal opinion... it happens without apparent input. I'd find what happened easier to understand if hypothetically my girlfriend kindoff "reached out for me" as she had that accident... knowing her I dont think it farfetched to say she thought of me in her dying moments... I do think it farfetched for me to actually receive that signal though... But for me the common denominator is the bonds we share. she was close to me as I was to her...
but what about you... I can relate to you having this sensation rarely when bad things happen to loved ones but you said this happens quite often... have you been able to recognise a cause for most if not all of them? you've mentioned a few occasions..

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hedera Helix

care to share your experiences? yours would just as well be valuable input to recognise the cause and the common denominator, can you relate to this phenomenon being linked to emotional bonds?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

"have you been able to recognise a cause for most if not all of them? you've mentioned a few occasions.."

A cause? No.. not really.

But on a few occations ..I felt like the cause for me to know was that I ment nothing, that I was absolutely insignificant.. but I don't think that qualifies as cause... Well.. I don't know.. It is hard to set words on something that has no word.. no?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hedera Helix
reply to post by silo13

I KNEW I wasn't the only one. Now all there's left to do is find a common denominator and figure out why we were targeted. Compare notes... and go public.

Go public with our abilities ? No that would be dangerous. God this sounds like heroe's! We must proceed with real caution here people.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakif

well, I think I'd call that the feeling of being powerless... but what I meant was when you look back... just like on monday I had that premonition and on thursday I found out my grilfriend died at that time... for me that was a real eye-opener as to what happened to me on the monday before... even though I had other things on my mind I can clearly remember linking my premonition and what had happened.

Stupid example... (this could be coincidence so take with a grain of salt) last week I was going for some ice-cream with my girls. but when I entered the mall I felt this urge to buy desert containing strawberry.... (we dont eat alot of strawberry's except when we "treat" ourselves) when I came home 1,5 hours later my wife was making desert very similair to what I had bought also containing strawberry's she bought herself. now I know this is most likely coincidence but when I got home I found it very curious that at the aproximate time I felt the need for strawberry my wife experienced the same thing. 2minds 1 thought? who knows... but this happens alot.... something insignificant happens and looking back sometime later there are these weird coincidences.... everyone has experienced wanting to call someone who had the exact same idea to call you... probably coincidence but I find it very coincidential this phenomenon doesn't happen with people with whom I have no bond. it only happens with people close to me

BTW I know enough people to legitimately make the last statement

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hedera Helix

Nope, you're not alone

One of the things I find the strangest (too) is looking back on a 'situation'...

It's like, Ummm, I could have stopped that. I could have changed what just happened. Why didn't I??? I KNEW it was going to happen!

Last time I cut myself my accident - opening a oyster - I was telling myself, 'Ohhh, you know what's going to happen! You're going to embed that knife in your hand...'

And it's not like when you see someone using a knife and you tell them not to cut themselves, the prophylactic catch phrase against accidents - NO - I was telling myself a FACT. (And no, not once have my 'feelings' ever been wrong or failed to manifest)...

So yeah, I knew I was going to cut myself, time slowed down, I opened a few more oysters, KNOWING I was going to cut myself and SAAA-LIP went the knife and ended up going straight through the crotch between my thumb and first finger. NOT a fun thing. Every time I see someone eat and oyster with red sauce now I get queasy. Gag...

But, looking back? I ask myself even now 'Why'? I mean I KNEW what was going to happen. I had one of my 'feelings'. So why didn't I stop before I cut myself?

And all I can say is - I just don't know.

And I feel like that's a part of it. I know but have no power to change it. And I hate that part!

peace

[edit on 3-5-2010 by silo13]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I have a similar issue, only mine is not bad thing...they are completely neutral. I can control it, and mostly it happens while i am dreaming. Its not controllable for me either. I always thought that i should write the dreams down, and see which come true...but i never have. I absolutely agree that everything happens for a reason, and even though they could be bad things, they happened so that you would be in the right place at the right time. Don't let it eat at you, it was going to happen whether you knew it was beforehand or not.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join