It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stereo Ahead Shows 9 Objects That Appear, then disappear.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
This is the Stereo Ahead COR2 for 2010-05-03 at 05:24:24
There appear to be 9 objects that come into this frame and then leave.
The much discussed planetary object appears to be two figures, not one. Although I don’t discount a lens flare or blossom, IMHO, I don’t think this is one of them. Although I could be wrong.

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
Any ideas?

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Violater1]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Another thing i have noticed is the poor grainy quality of the recent images.
I don't know enough behind the technology that drives Stereo, but until within the last three to five days, the quality has decreased over 50%.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I saw some activity on youtube about this, but when i went to SOHO the data appeared normal, so i assume someone scrubbed it. What i saw, i was a huge light moving from the right to left of the screen ... exactly like some kind of space ship.

It was NOT a dead pixel or something like that. I'm aso curious about thos "objects" in your images ... in real trms, how bright are they?

I assume the camera has been suiably filtered, ie darkened, but those would have to be really bright?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
By going to this website
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
You can view any image in movie format.

To view the movie, select Ahead COR2
Then choose RESOLUTION 2048 x 2048
The next step is to select start date 20100501
The End Date 20100503
For display select SLIDESHOW
Then choose Search.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

I fixed the link in the OP, try it now and see for yourself.
It's weird.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
You think maybe it is equipment malfunctions of some sort?

I really cannot think of anything else, but keep in mind I am no expert on the technology being used here.

Some sort of sensor malfunction due to _____ phenomena?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This could a possible explanation:

Occasionally one will see bright blobs or streaks appearing in the STEREO coronagraph images. These have been seen before by the SOHO mission, and are caused by micrometeorite impacts knocking off small pieces of the multi-layer insulation blankets which are wrapped around the spacecraft. These small debris particles are brightly illuminated by the Sun, and are easily seen by the coronagraphs if they wander into the field of view. They are tremendously out-of-focus, and often appear as "donut" shapes in the COR1 and COR2 telescopes because of the central occulter in these telescopes. The bigger the piece of debris appears, the closer it is to the telescope. Because the COR1 and COR2 images are generally built up from a series of images, the same piece of debris will often show up multiple times.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I did that, and what i saw was not the same as the datestamped pics in the you tube video.

Now default is don't believe everything you see on you-tube BUT the corollary is don't believe everything you hear from nasa, either.

All in all, either those are more "compression errors" in the "jpg" or something really really bright.

I'd also like to venture that fro several days now 4of the 4 cameras are don due to CCD bakeout. Not an unusual occurence, in itself.

But 3/4 ? down for several weeks? That strikes me as odd. I didn't see any warning about expected maintenance, and the down time was from exactly when these "anomalies" began occuring.

I hate playing mr conspiray, but there are a lot of factors here that don't add up. And again, you can not trust nasa press releases.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
There's another thread about solar flares currently happening... I'd say during a k4 solar flare that the sensors are getting hit by lots of particles, hence hot spots.

www.n3kl.org...
Currently the little red box says 'storm'.

[edit on 3/5/10 by GhostR1der]

top topics

join