It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Candidate in my Constituency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Just got my postal vote yesterday - been looking at the candidates closely when this guy caught my eye. It's quite weird to see someone with these views standing for election, very different to any of the main parties.

I'm going to have a further read of his website, my first thought was is he a member of ATS?

stephenhopwood.com...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I'd say he goes beyond interesting. Looks like he has the bases covered, too.

He could/should be ATS.

I'm going to bookmark his site, not only to see if he wins, but because it looks pretty good!

Edit: Clicked on the "Debt" link, and found (in addition to his "platform") This.

Videos:
Money as Debt, part 1
JFK takes on the bankers
The Money Masters

Awesome! I'm going to spend some time on this site, wish I could vote for him.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Dogdish]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
One of the bonii of our system is that anyone can stand with little to no funding from some big corporate paymaster.

That said, I would be surprised if he got more than a few dozen votes. After all, how long have the Monster Raving Loons been trying?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Chilled Zen

Lucky you, I'd definitely give him my vote, I hope you push him gently to your friends and family, if the Lib Dems get in or get to be in coalition with another party we get PR and then there would be a real chance to get guys like him into Parliament.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

We won't ever have a full PR system as long as we have such small constituencies. We may get one like Single Alternative Vote, which is what labour proposed a couple of months ago, but interestingly a Plymouth Professor of politics did the math and re-run the 2005 election using Labours proposed system...

Guess what?

They got 100 more seats that way than they do in a FPTP system.

We have to be very careful about devising a new system for voting, lest we shackle ourselves with wither a perpetual one-party system or ongoing coalitions and weak Government.

We have to find a middle ground that gives everyone a voice, but doesn't leave us with a wishy washy Government that needs elections every year because the coalition collapsed.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Chilled Zen Wow is this guy actually a british policitian, Good for you Dr Steve wish i could vote for you, although where i live theyd vote in a donkey if it wore a red tie, im gonna keep an eye on this guy though.

join