It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pharoahs and Corporations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I can't believe that a President has more power than a Pharoah, because even a president can make corporations change what they do.

Corporations are what control people, not the government. Receiving money doesnt mean that you are free, it only means there is the illusion of freedom and more control

You get paid 2000 a month, and now you have the freedom to go and get controlled by Sony, or Wal-Mart. The freedom to go waste your time buying more useless things, and constantly buying and buying. But we think buying means that we are in control. Hell no. I will make some grand threads tomorrow, mostly that will end people from using ATS cause there is nothing here for anyone.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I think the President and a Pharaoh are both leaders with power, and they have many similar abilities, but there is a great distinction between the extend of their powers.

You are controlled by more than just money, but money is a very powerful and influential tool used by leaders from all races and empires. I think what sets the 21st century apart from past centuries is that we have people constantly telling us what we should do. Quick example that comes to my head is commercials on television, on your computer, or out your window.

At least with money you have choice... some choice, and with more money, you have more choices.
Money is evil, and changes who you are.
I would be a very different person if I were born into high society/riches and never (ever) experiencing being poor (or even a poor student).

And as for these grand threads of yours, unless you have some knowledge and proofs that will change the very nature of the world, ATS members will still gather to discuss, like great minds of the past, the problems of our world.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Nematode]

join