It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Williams: A Hyper-Inflationary Great Depression Is Coming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
www.theaureport.com...

Quote from source:
ShadowStats' John Williams has done his math and believes his numbers tell the truth. He explains why the U.S. is in a depression and why a "Hyper-Inflationary Great Depression" is now unavoidable. John also shares why he selects gold as a metal for asset conversion in this exclusive interview with The Gold Report.

The Gold Report: John, last December you stated, "The U.S. economic and systemic crisis of the past of the past two years are just precursors to a great collapse," or what you call a "hyper-inflationary great depression." Is this prediction unique to the U.S., or do you feel that other economies face the same fate?

John Williams: The hyper-inflationary portion largely will be unique to the U.S. If the U.S. falls into a great depression, there's no way the rest of the world cannot have some negative economic impact.

TGR: How will the United States' decreased economic power impact global economies? Will the rest of the world survive?

JW: People will find to their happy surprise that they'll be able to survive. Most businesses are pretty creative. The thing is, the U.S. economic activity accounts for roughly half that of the globe. There's no way that the U.S. economy can turn down severely without there being an equivalent, at least a parallel downturn outside the U.S. with its major trading partners.

When I talk about a great depression in the United States, it is coincident with a hyper-inflation. We're already in the deepest and longest economic contraction seen since the Great Depression. If you look at the timing as set by the National Bureau of Economic Research, which is the arbiter of U.S. recessions, as to whether or not we have one, they've refused to call an end to this one, so far. But assuming you called an end to it back in the middle of 2009, it would still be the longest recession seen since the first down-leg of the Great Depression.

I do not get why when we have professionals saying these things they are not being covered on MSM. This is an important topic and to me THE most, this should be what is running through everyones heads and the people that have done this should be brought to justice.

With Bernanke admitting he produced 1.3 trillion out of thin air to Ron Paul I do not understand why he was not arrested and put in jail at that point. The banks have bought the government and it is time for them to pay their dues.

This is an important topic and should taken as serious.

Any thoughts?

Pred..

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Always consider the source.

I have no doubt that the U.S. is in major financial decline and that the MSM is being instructed not to discuss it by the government.

But...
This guy has a vested interest in promoting Gold. Creating and increasing the panic is great for his business. Never trust someone who has a clear bias.

Again, it's probably true, but quoting economic news from a Gold trader (and whoever they interview/pay to support their view) is like trusting accident statistics from an insurance salesman.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
This sort of thing is the same kind of stuff that happened during the Cold War you guys, they are taking advantage of people.

Why would he be selling gold if he believed that gold was the future and that the money you're paying for the gold is going to become worthless? Why would he make that exchange?

"Guys, buy my gold with your money before it collapses and becomes worthless!"

Fearmonger profiteering.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by sremmos]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Seriously, if you had a crapload of gold and you believed that paper money was about to collapse why would you sell your gold for paper money?

If anything this just tells me that really wealthy traders are trying to capitalize on economic downturn from the masses who live in perpetual fear of a mythical impending 'collapse'. War is a racket and so is this.

The real truth is they are keeping you sidelined from # that really matters by inventing fears of NWO and terrorism and militias and monetary collapse and all the while they are reaping insane profits on your blood sweat tears and fear.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Yes but gold prices have been rising for some time. So this article is hardly news. I do believe that we will have a protracted depression simply because there is no next boom on the horizon. We have had a crisis of over production and are saturated with most consumer goods.

The west also cannot compete with the developing in terms of unit labour costs and simply lacks the raw material to develop a truly Knowledge based economy.

It will be tough for the next few years but perhaps not a hyperinflationary nightmare as was seen in Germany.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Gold-phobic paper-bugs can read John's updated 2010 Hyperinflation Report at his website. No pesky advert banners to distract from the message.

Link

GLTY

predator0187, maybe search youtube, or financialtube.com. Williams did a few CNN/FOX/CSPAN interviews a couple of years ago, but like Schiff & others that were easily marginalized back then, once their analysis begins to prove-out...they're deemed persona non grata.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Of course then there is the Andrew Maguire and GATA evidence that the gold markets have been seriously manipulated and are leveraged 100-to-1. If you do buy into this panic make sure you buy gold. Not paper. because as it stands 99 out of every 100 people who bought gold contracts will never see any gold.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sremmos
Seriously, if you had a crapload of gold and you believed that paper money was about to collapse why would you sell your gold for paper money?

Yes, I would. You know people need to pay their bills right now, not after the collapse.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have to differ with all this, since I've been listening to the same hype for 4 years. Yes it is a hedge against inflation, but silver is a better one.

We have the constant threat of economic collapse. Why not buy the goods you need in the future, since you cant eat gold.

The PTB will loose control if hyperinflation happens, they don't want that. They use this threat to subvert peoples attention from the incremental loss of freedoms.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Oh, relax. They won't release the printed trillions onto the American people. They'll use it to develop East Asia. Where I live.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The DOW is up 150 points today! Depression? WHo cares! IT's all about the DOW baby!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
I have to differ with all this, since I've been listening to the same hype for 4 years. Yes it is a hedge against inflation, but silver is a better one.

I like 'em both, but Silver has some issues that Gold doesn't have to contend with, primarily, an overbearing short position, and extreme volatility associated with Silver' heavy industrial demand...making economic downturns hard on Silver. In the 2008 market correction Silver lost near 60%, while Gold pulled back approx 30%.

Across the past 4 years Silver is up 20%...Gold has gained approx 65%.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ddc2867550b0.gif[/atsimg]

If we go back to the 1980 peaks, Gold is trading well above it's previous record $850, but Silver is still trading well below it's nominal $50 high. In my opinion this is another bullish fundamental...an opportunity to accumulate on the cheap. If/when Silver does breakout, the percentage gains could be dramatic.

*Speculation...not advice.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by OBE1]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
YEs the dow is up 150, but what is that attributed too? i thnk maybe it has something to do witht he car bomb attempt in times square, and the manhole covers blowing up. Naturally, people got scared thinking domsday is coming, and went out on a shopping spree. just my theory.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
@Zosynspiracy

Its all about the dow ??? Seriously ...the dollar has lost 65% of its value since 2001. The Dow is really trading at 5179 and 95% of traders don't know it.

@OBE1

A lot of gold on the market is gold plated tungsten bricks. since the density is nearly identical. do some searching if you haven't heard.

Silver coins are the way to go. If there is an economic crash its legal tender.

@eldard

You are exactly correct !

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Hi zzombie. Yes, I tend to keep up with the news. Since I retired from the job market a few years back, precious metals trade is my only "active" source of income.

The tungsten story began with an unconfirmed rumor about Chinese bankers discovering load of counterfeit bars in a Hong Kong vault...bars that purportedly trace back to the United States Bullion Depository. The story has had zero effect in the Gold market, and appears to be dying on the vine. Not many retail investors purchase 400oz Good Delivery Bars anyway.

I wouldn't presume to tell anyone that they should buy, or what they should buy, but most retailers prefer small bars and investment grade mint coins. US Mint 1oz Silver American Eagles are considered "legal tender", but so are US Mint Gold American Eagles...available in both 1oz and fractional denominations.

*Again...not advice.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
geez, you guys love doom, don't you?

ATS needs to change it's name to "the chicken little forums."

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I disagree depression yes,hyperinflation no,the reason for hyperinflation is too much currency circulating in the last few years trillions have been created out of thin air and thrown at the financial crisis but there is no hyperinflation,why because its all numbers flying through computers its not in general circulation and when its getting to its end destination the money is being held on to-not put into the economy.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I disagree depression yes,hyperinflation no,the reason for hyperinflation is too much currency circulating in the last few years trillions have been created out of thin air and thrown at the financial crisis but there is no hyperinflation,why because its all numbers flying through computers its not in general circulation and when its getting to its end destination the money is being held on to-not put into the economy.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Today is a classic example of the wicked volatility in Silver that I mentioned yesterday. Gold down a hair over 2%, while has Silver lost almost 7%. Miners generally lead the metals and yesterdays HUI smackdown was the tell.

new topics

top topics

join