It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar flares...what will happen to planets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
It's been said that the Earth could be seriously damaged by solar flares in the next years and the Earth crust will suffer, the planet poles could shift, volcanoes will awake, planet temperatures will rise, poles will melt, oceans levels will rise, etc, etc, etc...my question is what will happen to the planets between us and the sun (mercury and venus)?

the logic may say that they will suffer worst things, since the are way more near to the sun that us...but I've never heard about any anomalies or changes in those planets.

I know the oceans in those planet will not rise because they have none (at least that's what's been said)...but I like to see your opinions.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Literally nothing you have said is going to happen. Fear mongering is all that is being done. There are solar flares that will be a little stronger that usual in the next couple years but they really will not effect us greatly. Enough with this 2011 and 2012 hype that is going to equal to nothing.

I am sorry if this comes off mean, I am not trying to be mean at all I just see no proof or a remote hint of any evidence to support anything that people are claiming is going to happen.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
that's exactly my point...I think nothing will happen.

If lately Earth's behavior is due to the Sun...why we don't see similar events in other planets?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by metalpr

what will happen to the planets between us and the sun (mercury and venus)?

Depends on what the sun does. Space is big. If Earth were hit by a million mile wide CME powerful enough to disrupt satellites, it wouldn't necessarily even touch Mercury or Venus. They might be on totally the opposite side of the sun at the time.

why we don't see similar events in other planets?

Would we notice if Venus had more venusquakes than usual?

new topics

top topics

join