It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big CME just went off: LASCO images

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Anyone know or can tell which way it's blowing?

Latest magnetosphere, pretty lit up:

www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Anyone know or can tell which way it's blowing?

Generally speaking, if it were directed at us, it would be in the section you can't see.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Kp-indices of 5 or greater indicate storm-level geomagnetic activity.

Planetary K-index
Now: Kp= 5 storm
24-hr max: Kp= 6 storm

spaceweather.com...
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
our greatest concern is with the images of the sun

this energy may be the answer to many questions

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It doesn't appear as a 'halo' which is what I understand as being an indication it is aimed towards the earth. Fingers are crossed though.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

It doesn't seem to be heading towards earth.

There is currently a geomagnetic storm hitting us right now from a coronal hole that formed last week.

More info here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

CORONAL MASS EJECTION: Something exploded on the sun this morning, hurling a coronal mass ejection (CME) into space: movie. The source of the blast is not yet known. The cloud, however, does not appear to be heading toward Earth. Stay tuned for updates

spaceweather.com...

Hmmm, what do they mean they don't know the source?

Note: we now have 2 growing sunspots. I will be on the watch for significant quakes...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Whoa! That is a big one. spacew.com is showing a strong possibility of auroral activity in the high latitudes. K index estimated at 6. Bz is still north.
CME was not headed in our direction.

@spacecadet- I've never seen that before. I guess it means what it says.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
er...guys, please pray, energise and think well of our homeworld.

Of all the scariest quakes, the one in greece must not shake, regardless if caused by the one recent solar event a few days ago or this present one, cause if it shakes and Nea kameni in Santorini blows, it will be SHTF for Europe.

It is a new volcano that rose from the sea. An eruption there occured 35 centuries ago and wiped out an entire civilisation, Quake, Volcano, then Tsunami.

I may be wrong, and really really want to be wrong. Take care folks.

Solar wind penetration into Earth's Magnetosphere chart

Crete, Santorini Nea Kameni past eruption simulation skip to midpoint and watch if you do not have time.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Hi has anyone read this article taken from a glp thread - it's heavy on the Doom but also displays an enormous amount of effort, and does appear to connect a lot of dots..

Credit goes to Sixcent who compiled the material and added his own contributions and time.

Article can be read here..

www.oneplanetonelife.com...

Another thing that I happened on was the prophecy's of Peter Deunov (never heard of him) en.wikipedia.org... - I'm not a big believer in prophecies but this seemed very interesting, if quoted correctly..

one of his prophetic moments..

"A new Wave is coming from out of the Cosmic Space: the Wave of Divine
Love. It is also called 'the Wave of Fire'. This Wave has powerful
vibrations which not every human being can endure. It has been said, for
this reason, that God is an all-consuming Fire. Those who are ready to
withstand the vibrations of this Wave and assimilate them will become
luminous. Yet for those who cannot bear them, it will be a Fire which will
either consume them or will cause them to pass through great suffering.
This will prepare them to awaken and receive Love. This Wave of Love which
is coming is also called the Divine Fire. Everything old and impure will
burn in it. After man passes through this Divine Fire, the Kingdom of God
will come to earth. I say: when the Fire of Love comes, some people will
become luminous; but others will burn, will pass through repentance."

Here's another..

"The earth will soon be swept by extraordinary rapid waves of Cosmic Electricity. A few decades from now beings who are bad and lead others astray will not be able to support their intensity. They will thus be absorbed by Cosmic Fire that will consume the bad that they possess. Then they will repent because it is written that "each flesh shall glorify God".

Our mother, the earth, will get rid of men that don't accept the New Life. She will reject them like damaged fruit. They will soon not be able to reincarnate on this planet; criminals included. Only those that possess Love in them will remain."

I'm not a new age dude and some of the sites that discussed Mr Deunov were a bit out there (for me), the most sobre site that I could find where you could read more of the prophecy was facebook

www.facebook.com...

What was interesting is that a lot of theses posts are years old..

Regards

(Not strictly scientific I know but I hope you consider this pertinent to your discussion)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

The Sun is rotating. Matter leaving its surface will be flung off roughly at a tangent, with one component of its linear velocity derived from the angular motion of the surface of the photosphere at the moment of ejection. The force of the eruption that caused the CME, measured normal to the surfact and opposed by the Sun's gravity, provides the other component.

The path of the ejecta in space, once separated from the photosphere, must be exceedingly difficult to compute, yet that is what you would need to do in order to establish whether or not its motion will intersect with Earth's. At least the following parameters are involved: the speed of the Sun's rotation, its escape velocity, the motion and pressure of the solar wind, the speed and direction of Earth's orbit and its distance from the Sun, and the effects of the solar and terrestrial magnetic fields on the charged particles making up the ejecta.

You can't just look at a photo and tell whether or not an ejection is going to hit us.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

So, in other words, that's just a super fancy way of saying "I don't know". Thanks!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Nope. It's a super-fancy way to say 'LordBucket doesn't know.'

Whether or not a CME looks as if it's coming straight at Earth when it leaves the solar photosphere has nothing to do with whether it will strike us or not.

I do know that. And now you do, thanks to me.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by badBERTHA

hmm

For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed.

But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner's fire

If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies.

"Who of us can dwell with the consuming fire? Who of us can dwell with everlasting burning?"

"Is not my word like fire," declares the LORD, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The question is, IF it was coming towards earth, WHEN should we expect this CFM?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
The question is, IF it was coming towards earth, WHEN should we expect this CFM?

I may be wrong, but I THINK it's 2-3 days...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I have been watching lasco images and a strange object appears in the lasco/c2 image at 20:06 on the 15th of May. I have a screen capture but don't know how to upload images. If anyone wants to check it out and clue me in as to what it might be I'd appreciate it. You have to let the movie role frame by frame because it only appears at 20:06.

If some can tell me how I'll upload the screen capture I took.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Your post has got me looking at the lasco images and I'm intrigued by the huge oil drum shaped object in the 4 o'clock position at 20:06 on 15th May. I'm desperate to get a sensible explanation of this phenomena. Any thoughts? you cant see it in real time cos it flashes by too quick. You need to watch frame by frame. If someone can tell me how to do it I'll post the screen shot that i took. I just have to know what it is.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by se25watcher

Read this thread, should help explain what you're seeing:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
post removed, realised it was a bumped thread

doh!

[edit on 21-5-2010 by boaby_phet]

top topics

<<   2 >>