It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Arrested For Asking For Directions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sydnor3

This particular incident happened this past Saturday. The young male driver (Josh Kelly) and his girlfriend have consulted a lawyer in York/ Pennsylvania and plan to file a lawsuit. He denies running a stop sign. The female officer is also accusing him of stealing her pen.

If by this past saturday you mean over 5 years ago then yes it just happened.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
[edit on 5-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Post from 05 and people wonder why there are more and more cops coming out that are bad.
Of course if you see nothing but negativity coming from the media then you are going to be wary of them. Ever notice that the media always has bad news...it is because it sells. It makes for a much more interesting story. If this had been, cop goes out of her way to help two lost people, then this thread would have lasted all of 2 pages (if that). I expect there to always be bad cops because cops are humans just like everyone else. It is true that they are being used by politicians to raise revenue, but there are those out there that are actually going out of there way to be good helpful people. If you have a problem with the way cops are being used to raise revenue, then me and you are on the same page. It is a political problem.

I will say this....I have never once met a cop hater that I would look to for help. Every one that I have ever met has been total trailer trash, stupid kid, or ghetto thug. Albeit some are just delusional I am sure and are just misled but in my experience I have never met one that wasn't one of the above. I have also met a few cops that I put in those same categories but the difference is, I have met many cops that I would look to for help. Someone said it best "Look at cops with suspicion just as they look at you with the same regard." I think a little broader though, I happen to look at everyone with suspicion.

If you are being singled out constantly by cops then there is something wrong. Either the police are crooked in your town (the feds can help you if you are willing to do something about it), or you are doing something stupid. Most people fit into the latter, but as I said, if you singled out unfairly and are willing to get off your lazy butt, then things can get better.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez
"Collins reported a city officer arrested them for trespassing on a public street while they were asking for directions . "

Trespassing on public street? Is that even a law? Private property/private street is understandable but PUBLIC? Is that even possible?

Or is it now we cant be on our own streets?

Well maybe when they were speaking to the officer they
were not speaking from a free speech zone.

Free Speech Zone

So it is quite possible that they made some noise that sounded like
speech and were not properly wrapped in fencing.

LOL

Land of the Free my lily white back side.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

I dont want to go painting all police officers with the broad stroke of the brush but it seems more and more are turning from protectors and servents to predators and persucutors. The motto for the police in my home state is "with honor we serve" and there seems to be less of them actually "serving" now days.

Thougts?

www.wbaltv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I always take the police side of the story, but lately it does seem they are turning into predators and persecutors instead of serve and protect.

You can look at a cop go by and then he some how thinks that is suspicious and he turns around and follows you.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

This is a total abuse of power. If you accept this as "normal", you might as well make an advanced self-registration for your nearest FEMA camp because you have a SLAVE mentality.

Man.. if this # is true.. Obamaland is in great trouble!!

People should really wake up... stop all this nonsense.. we are loosing our peace, freedom, liberty.. hell, we have already lost it.. its time to wake up and get it back .. peace and love..

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Seems to be a case of hidden taxation and justification of increased law enforcement budget via bogus arrests:

BALTIMORE (Map, News) -
The officer who arrested the Chantilly couple for allegedly trespassing in Cherry Hill on Saturday was recently pressured, along with other officers in her unit, to make more nuisance crime arrests, sources inside the police department told The Examiner.
Meanwhile, the head of the Baltimore City police union said Thursday that many officers have complained about being ordered to boost arrest numbers.
The commander of the housing authority police, Maj. Jessie Oden, allegedly demanded that his officers make more arrests during a roll call several weeks ago, telling officers that better numbers were needed, sources inside the department said.

Margaret Burns, spokeswoman for the State’s Attorney’s Office, said her office declined to prosecute the couple based on the arresting documents. “There are thousand of cases like this being thrown out every month,” Burns said. “In the month of February, we threw out 902 cases; in March, we threw out over 1,200 cases — that means 70 cases a day.”
Burns said “nuisance arrests” waste city resources that could be better used to fight violent crime. “Somewhere within the Police Department there is a policy or directive to increase the number of arrests, or crime has gone up,” she said. “The officer spent hours on this case; it’s a waste of her time.”
Jablow said there is no policy to increase arrests. “Crime is down significantly this month,” he said.
Meredith Curtis, spokeswoman for the American Civil Liberties Union, said the case is part of a larger trend. “This is the latest, most egregious example of what has been demonstrated to be a pattern of illegal arrests,” she said.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The bottom line is this: Cops today are inherently crooked and have been turned into a pack of paid liars and law breakers. police today have ego issues that we rarely ever saw in days past. Today most all cops believe they are Godlike creatures that should NEVER be questioned or doubted.

In this case the cops lied, as always, about the charges, just to harrass. Cops constantly use phony charges, like disorderly conduct or tresspassing, to effect an arrest, knowing full well that it is bogus...but as long as they SCREW a citizen, they can laugh their sick laughs and go back to donut munching.

Cops today should be reigned in....treated with the UTMOST suspicion. Given the FACT that virtually ALL cops are :Liars PERJURERS, THIEVES and worse, no citizen should ever consider themselves safe around a cop.

Remember, the cop you happen to have the misfortune of running into no doubt has a gigantic chip on his shoulder, a terrible attitude, an ego that is in the stratosphere, and penchant for lying, the morals of an alleycat and the demeanor of a mad dog killer on the edge of murder.....cops today MUST be considered the enemy....the opposition...the bad guys.

Survival requires no less.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by polarwarrior

Polarwarrior.....

Based on the report, that appalling pair of cops should be suspended.

People like them join the police for the wrong reasons & subsequently besmirch the reputations of all the decent members of the police force.

It's a shame that we seem to be hearing about more of this sort of thing.

Perhaps incidents like this are why people are upset about Arizona's new immigration law?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

ponlarwarrior.
Interesting story but hardly original. Let me explain I have come across this many times in my former line of work. As a security officer. I do not know the particulars of the city was a story originated. I will refer to it as point of origin. I will take some of what the kids said for the face value. I do believe they got lost that is easy enough to do in a strange town. After running the stop sign is where the problem starts. The point of origin was probably a low income neighborhood with a lot of gang activity. The officer probably handled probably one or two bad calls. Both of the kids said their dads were cops. More than likely that may have ticked the officer took that as a threat. When they yelled asking for directions the officer responded in kind. When they saw the second cop who was probably backing up the first one at distance they probably repeated the same mistake. The second officer will not override the first .Then all four attitudes came out. And blew everything out of proportion. I will make a bet that's pretty close to what happened. Here's how I know that.

One night when I was working. My site was about 20 square acres a warehouses. I've worked this site for about six months. And just about everybody that was supposed to be on my site. When they arrived and when they left. One night a group of six kids about two o'clock in the morning came wandering through my site. I pulled up behind them and detain them. Made to put their hands on my car while I asked them what they were doing. On my site and explain why detain them. One of them smart Owens said you can't detain me and my friends were at my dad's sheriff. And you will have your job! I said okay give me your dad's name and division. I will call the sheriff's dispatcher and have him come out right now. Then you can explain to him what you're doing here on my site. Or I can get little information and send you on your way. Your choice I got information and sent them on their way home.

There are three things I cop did not want to hear. And annoys the crap out of them. The first one is you're doing this to me because I am -----------. My daddy is a sergeant in your department. That officer and appropriately touched me. Or my favorite that officer is abusing me. 100% of law enforcement officers are judged every day on everything they say or do and I do mean everything!

Thank you Draco 61

[edit on 15-5-2010 by draco61]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Polarwarrior.
One last thing the kids are charged with a misdemeanor that is why they were detained at the station. In California is called neighborhood trespass. In my first post. My site was 20 acres of warehouses. Add two city streets running through it. Those kids are trespassing because the warehouses were supposed to be empty even though was a weekend curfew is at midnight, and those kids had no business being there that late. And there are homeless or about a half a mile away from my site. So I hope you get the idea.

On more than one occasion. An individual that I had detained and turned over to police or sheriff. What should have been a simple drunk in public with written and verbal warning and they be sent on their way. Turning into a felony DUI arrest all because of the individual's attitude.
Thank you Draco 61

go to this thread

AIRSOFT Conversion to firearm

[edit on 15-5-2010 by draco61]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join