It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Arrested For Asking For Directions

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yea.. if there's any question of conduct by anyone involed.... it's blantly obvious!!!

This is pasted on ALL the jails in the reception area's in OREGON.. soo. yea.. & Good luck on trying to find the National Police Officer Oath for the USA .. cuz.. I don't see one..

Goals & Values[
Our Goals
~To reduce crime and the fear of crime.
~To provide high-quality, cost-effective and accountable services to the citizens of unincorporated Clackamas County and our contract cities.
~To be mindful of the goals of the Sheriff's Office and do the right thing, for the right reason—often without need of guidance provided in other directives.
~Establish a solid partnership with citizens in our efforts to create a safe and secure community.
~Establish a standard of performance for which we strive—one predicated upon total professional commitment to law-enforcement service and the general well-being of the community.
~To provide thorough and appropriate Sheriff's Office investigations.
~To provide efficient and effective Sheriff's Office administration, and support the career needs of Sheriff's Office personnel

Our Core Values

Truthfulness
We will be honest in all that we do and say.
Loyalty
We will be loyal to the Department, the citizens we protect, and to our core values.
Respect
We will treat all people with dignity and honor the rights and opinions of others.
Fairness
We will be fair and impartial. Our decisions will be made without personal favoritism.
Integrity
We will be people of character and principle. We will do what is right, even when no one is looking.
Service
We will serve the public in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner.

Law Enforcement Code of Ethics

As a law enforcement officer, my fundamental duty is to serve the community; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the constitutional rights of all to liberty, equality and justice.

SOURCE

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
the officer was probably on her monthly

all jokes aside... she basically made up a law because she wanted to flex jer power behind the badge. I can't believe the couple never questioned that. I woulda been on the phone with a lawyer asap or calling my father to get a lwyer for me... thats pure bull
I hope the officers involved get disciplined for such atrocious service to the couple.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by v3_exceed

I am completely SHOCKED at the absolute naivety of some of the people on this forum.

Yup. Me too.
I see it right in this very thread.

In your 30 years you haven't had a negative experience with police?. And your name is Green eyed LEO...hmmm That might be self explanatory...

By the way. Im not a cop. LEO stands for leo, the astrological sign.

Your entitled to your opinion, as I am mine. I stand by my words completely. Again, never had any issues with any cops - ever. I get nothing but respect from cops - always - even when im pulled over.

I still believe that many people cause their own issues with cops. Cops are not always to blame. Yes, some bad ones out there. But there are an awful lot of citizens who bring it on themselves.

[edit on May 3rd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

Good evening,
I stand corrected on the LEO aspect, seemed kinda coincidental, thank you for that.

It is true that many citizens bring it on themselves, but it seems more an more they bring it on themselves by not worshiping at the alter of police power.

For the record, I'm old, and I'm fortunate enough to be able to avoid most police encounters. It seems that if they think you are affluent enough to fight back they tend to cut you some slack. This might seem inaccurate, but I have seen it in person. How you are dressed, and what you drive plays into how much crap they will try to feed you.

I am glad that you have been treated well. Perhaps of more people are treated with respect and courtesy opinions will slowly change. Understand that ATS is simply a mirror of a segment of society. The opinions and feelings of the whole reflect the segments that we all come from and the distinct separation between the cop lovers and cop bashers has been propagated to some degree by the police themselves.

By having my opinion I don't force the cops to bash a student, nor do I force them to taser an old woman. Those are actions that the police themselves must answer for. They have for a long time been able to lie their way out of trouble, but that time is quickly waning. With each new CCD camera being put up to watch us, they are also watching the police. Maybe one day we wont need theses cameras for us, or for them. Until that day comes, I will greet each police person I meet with the same suspicion I would an armed assailant.

Thanks for reading
..Ex

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Interesting thread. If this incident happened 4 years ago what was the result of the police dept? The couple involved did they sue, complain to the feds?

Unfortunately this is all to common, and a single incident can begin to stereotype a whole group, or re-enforce an existing stereotype.

Good cops yes there are. Bad cops way too many.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by polarwarrior

. Collins reported a city officer arrested them for trespassing on a public street while they were asking for directions .

How is it possible to trespass anywhere in public?

Good point, here it is......

ALL public land is held in common tenancy BY the public for USE by the public, free of charge. NOW, all roads and freeways are public domain, you pay a gasoline tax for the building and repair of these streets and highways. YOU have the right to use them WITHOUT restriction.

Guess what? A license is a restriction, so are tags. You need neither to operate YOUR private property automobile.

18 USC 31 is has the definition of a "motor vehicle". THIS is the only legal definition. It states in (6) and (10):

TITLE 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
PART I - CRIMES
CHAPTER 2 - AIRCRAFT AND MOTOR VEHICLES
§ 31. Definitions

(a) Definitions.— In this chapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) Aircraft.— The term “aircraft” means a civil, military, or public contrivance invented, used, or designed to navigate, fly, or travel in the air.
(2) Aviation quality.— The term “aviation quality”, with respect to a part of an aircraft or space vehicle, means the quality of having been manufactured, constructed, produced, maintained, repaired, overhauled, rebuilt, reconditioned, or restored in conformity with applicable standards specified by law (including applicable regulations).
(3) Destructive substance.— The term “destructive substance” means an explosive substance, flammable material, infernal machine, or other chemical, mechanical, or radioactive device or
matter of a combustible, contaminative, corrosive, or explosive nature.
(4) In flight.— The term “in flight” means—
(A) any time from the moment at which all the external doors of an aircraft are closed following embarkation until the moment when any such door is opened for disembarkation; and
(B) in the case of a forced landing, until competent authorities take over the responsibility
for the aircraft and the persons and property on board.
(5) In service.— The term “in service” means—
(A) any time from the beginning of preflight preparation of an aircraft by ground personnel or by the crew for a specific flight until 24 hours after any landing; and
(B) in any event includes the entire period during which the aircraft is in flight.
(6) Motor vehicle.— The term “motor vehicle” means every description of carriage or other contrivance propelled or drawn by mechanical power and used for commercial purposes on the highways in the transportation of passengers, passengers and property, or property or cargo.
(7) Part.— The term “part” means a frame, assembly, component, appliance, engine, propeller, material, part, spare part, piece, section, or related integral or auxiliary equipment.
(8) Space vehicle.— The term “space vehicle” means a man-made device, either manned or unmanned, designed for operation beyond the Earth’s atmosphere.
(9) State.— The term “State” means a State of the United States, the District of Columbia, and any commonwealth, territory, or possession of the United States.
(10) Used for commercial purposes.— The term “used for commercial purposes” means the carriage of persons or property for any fare, fee, rate, charge or other consideration, or directly or indirectly in connection with any business, or other undertaking intended for profit.
(b) Terms Defined in Other Law.— In this chapter, the terms “aircraft engine”, “air navigation facility”, “appliance”, “civil aircraft”, “foreign air commerce”, “interstate air commerce”, “landing area”, “overseas air commerce”, “propeller”, “spare part”, and “special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States” have the meanings given those terms in sections 40102 (a) and 46501 of title 49.
(Added July 14, 1956, ch. 595, § 1, 70 Stat. 538; amended Pub. L. 98–473, title II, §§ 1010, 2013 (a), Oct. 12, 1984, 98 Stat. 2141, 2187; Pub. L. 100–690, title VII, § 7015, Nov. 18, 1988, 102 Stat. 4395; Pub. L. 103–272, § 5(e)(1), July 5, 1994, 108 Stat. 1373; Pub. L. 106–181, title V, § 506(b), Apr. 5, 2000, 114 Stat. 136.)

NOW, you see that YOU do NOT operate a motor vehicle UNLESS it is for hire and profit on the roadways.

YOU do not "reside" in the federal "United States" or ANY of it's territories. You are a sovereign Citizen of the State in which you INHABIT. You do not reside you are a transient a sojourner, you NEVER live in one spot your entire life. You move on occasion. Your property has been stolen from you by fraud. Time to reclaim it.

Stand up now or live on your knees forever. It's your choice.

There are a few cops out there that know this stuff. I have my own tags on my auto, NO EXP and TAX EXEMPT, I have had NO license for 3 years now, I have been followed many times and stopped occasionally, but never detained. Know the law and how it applies to you or doesn't.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
i dont like police either and i dont have a criminal record...ive never rang them for anything.

i went to an arctic monkeys gig once in cardiff - wales...i live in the midlands england.

on the way home we got lost and drove round an island a couple of times trying to spot the correct exit to head on home...200 yards down the road we were pulled over...stood on the side of the road...checked for our ID, breathalised, searched and had our car searched.....their reason??? they saw us circling the island and thort it was suspiscious.

speeding, swerving, tailgating or showing signs of road rage would be better reasons to suspect someone of being "suspiscious". my guess is they were bored and were hoping they could get us for something. (which imo isnt what they should be doing)

we were furious.

ive also been pulled over for "driving late at night" a few years ago when i used to work at a UPS warehouse and didnt finish untill 2am.

this is why i dont like police and dont call them if i need them.

when i first passed my driving test and purchased my first car it had its stereo stolen one night...i didnt want the police involved...fortunately for me a friend of mine was offerd a stereo that was very similar to mine while he was at the gym one day...i know i was lucky but i got my stereo back myself.

im aware there are genuine police officers out there...some use this site...but in my experience and others i know of...the police are as corrupt as the government.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Star on that!
And when they pull you over what do they want to see?
Your papers!!! License, registration and proof of insurance!

[edit on 4-5-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think there are always two sides to the story and that we should wait for an official police statement before jumping to conclusions.

There must have been other circumstances that caused this couple to be arrested.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Why does everyone keep asking, "how can you tresspass on public streets." If you read (that's right READ) the article it clearly states the couple was released without charge. This means that ***obviously*** there is no such thing as "tresspassing on public streets." I think that is the ***entire point*** of the article.

IMO the officer messed up and should be punished for it. I think she thought she might have had a legit reason to bring them in, even though it wasn't. Also, FYI cops are skeptical of anyone that comes and talks to them because you could easily be trying to distract them from someone breaking the law nearby.

To all Police haters: If you didn't hate cops so much, maybe they wouldn't hate you so much. Maybe YOU make cops feel less attached to the rest of us by alienating them. Maybe YOU are a criminal and YOU are the reason cops are so skeptical of people. It isn't the way the police are trained, its the way they are conditioned by haters like YOU. Its the way they are conditioned by criminal activites that YOU like to engage in. If YOU want police to be human, if you want them to connect with society on a personal level then stop committing crimes and stop spreading hate around. Police feel like they cannot be part of society, and so they become a part of a brotherhood of their own. They become detached from the rest of society. The reason it happens is because of YOU. It is exactly what the NWO wants. If you want to thwart the NWO's plan then *stop breaking the law* and *stop spreading hate*. When YOU spread hate like that you dehumanize the police force and eventually demonize them. Then you wonder why they are d***s to you. Then you wonder, "Why do they push forward the NWO's agenda?" Oh gee, maybe because they have been segregated from our society, dehumanized and then demonized by people like you. Who else do you do that to? Oh gee, maybe you also segregate, dehumanize and demonize criminals... Oh gee! Makes sense now doesn't it? Wowza!! Police are made to feel like criminals by people like YOU, then they act like criminals. Then you say, "Look it! The cops are criminals! Look it! I told you!" YOU ARE THE REASON POLICE ARE THE WAY THEY ARE.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by daddio

Star on that!
And when they pull you over what do they want to see?
Your papers!!! License, registration and proof of insurance!

[edit on 4-5-2010 by butcherguy]

When they ask to see your license, your response is "What would I want one of those for?" Wait for the reaction. Then ask to see their oath of office, their bond and insurance card and then the enforcement clause which gives them the authority to enforce unconstitutional color of law ordinances. Watch how fast they retreat!!

Time to wake up kids, the end of the police state is near if you all understand this stuff. WE THE PEOPLE.

ProtoplasmicTraveler has written many fine threads, I suggest you read them all.
Have a great day and remember Kent State!!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Reply to post by daddio

I like what you say because you are railing against the laws the police are required to enforce as opposed to the police themselves. Police are human just like us and should be treated as a member of our society. Maybe they would stop enforcing ridiculous laws if society didn't make them outcasts.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
I think there are always two sides to the story and that we should wait for an official police statement before jumping to conclusions.

There must have been other circumstances that caused this couple to be arrested.

Yes, I think they gave the officer some bad attitude since they thought they were special, being children of cops. The story seems too odd.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

Exactly, they DO NOT KNOW. Most "law schools" today are fly-by-night operations that DO NOT teach Common law. Only corporate code and statute. These officers are only guilty of ignorance, and that is no excuse but until they learn the truth, what do we do? WE educate them.

I had one young officer so upset, my friends in the car thought he was going to yank me out and pistol whip me. NEVER give your name. ASK, "Am I entering into a contract if I give you a name?" Also, YOU retain your 5th Amendment rights to NOT implicate or incriminate yourself. See how easy it is folks!!

So the sooner we all get on the same page here, the better. This couple did a few things wrong and so did the officer. KNOW THE TRUTH.

Most people are in jail today as a result of their OWN consent, that's right, they did not state that there is NO enforcement clause by which to enforce the "code" on a flesh and blood living soul. YOU are not a corporate fiction, 14th Amendment U.S. citizen, person nor any other entity other than a flesh and blood living soul. If you think you are anything those things like a person, you are consenting by assent to the corporate policy and will be punished according to their rules or code.

The sooner we get this straight and into everyone's head, the sooner WE get back our rights and country. The quite approach to coup de'tat. And we will win, in the end.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Too much by the book and not enough individual thought process. Simple as that, anyone who can't differentiate for them when to give someone a ticket and put them in jail and when to give them directions and let them be on their way, needs to not have a badge. It's my opinion that officers shouldn't even be allowed to ticket, either the crime is so bad that they have to bring them in to jail/kill them or just give them a warning. Just my 2 cents...

edit for grammar

[edit on 4-5-2010 by agentofchaos]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I would never ask a cop for directions. I've tried that before and the first thing they did was shine a flashlight in my face and bark out "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!". It was possibly the most hostile attitude I've ever seen in my life... even more than some Jr. High School bullies I've encountered. They then outright insulted me by telling me not to break any traffic laws. I then left with no clue as to what to do.

At the rate cops are getting sour, this guy who got arrested for asking for directions will likely be the normal response in the future. Today's cop is an agent of extortion for their local government. Hardly something a good person would want to do every day. Cops are immoral for participating in extortion and putting peaceful people in prison for *victimless* crimes. Most fines and fees are extortion that victimizes mostly the poor. Traffic fines don't take food off of a rich person's table.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I, like others here don't want to paint all cops with the same brush. But what is it with this new cop attitude of us-vs-them? It seems like its everywhere. I know from that case up in Vermont or Connecticut that police departments are looking for recruits with lower IQ's and rejecting the ones with higher IQ's and getting away with it on the basis that someone with higher intelligence is more likely to become disenchanted with the job and quit, whereas those with lower IQ's follow orders better without question or something like that. But what does that say about how our municipalities are using our tax dollars? When they take people with little intellect, give them a gun and badge, and then tell them "You have authority, people have to do what you say or you get to taser them and haul them off to jail". And why does every other cop nowadays have a bald head, tree trunk neck, and a perma-scowl? Whatever happened to the friendly neighborhood Police Officer? Remember those? The guys that would give a wave or a nod to the kids, maybe yelp his siren in fun, and be a part of a community. Those days I'm afraid are long gone. This is what the kids get nowadays when they encounter a Police Officer. I believe this is another of Baltimores finest

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Chillidog1

Any guesses on how many laws the cop broke in this?

Theft, assault and battery on a minor, death threat, terrorism, psycho behavior....that is child abuse and the man is a child abuser. Why is he allowed out of a cage?

Geez, this man is a positive menace to society. I wonder if that rant was a result of 'roid rage? He looks like he might, I emphasize might, be abusing steroids.

Now how in the world can you approach a man like this and ask for help? How could any minor feel safe around him? He just created three cop-haters because he doesn't know the difference between respect and fear.

His behavior was completely unjustified and abhorrent.

But I'll bet he got a hella adrenalin rush and felt smugly satisfied when it was over.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goethe
'This occurred in 2005, and the couple were originally stopped for running a red light. The charges were dropped. It is old news. There was an internal investigation which disclosed more to the incident than the couple reported to the news.'

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Goethe]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sydnor3

This particular incident happened this past Saturday. The young male driver (Josh Kelly) and his girlfriend have consulted a lawyer in York/ Pennsylvania and plan to file a lawsuit. He denies running a stop sign. The female officer is also accusing him of stealing her pen.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
How to upset LEO's; get caught with a ACLU bust card!

A friend was stopped for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and in a southern small town. He was driving the same make, model, color of a car that was reported on crime. He was by all reports courteous and cooperative. When the cops saw the bust card they handcuffed him, forced him to lie on the road, tore, seats out, trunk dumped, engine compartment searched (of course it was an accident the plug wires got pulled) his car apart, demanded answers to everything that had nothing to do with the situation. He was taken to the station and when finally released was told "if you carry one of those your a CRIMINAL!" As he is a medic and on his way to the Middle East he decided to not do anything, then. When he and his buddies get back it will probably be a different story.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join