It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Spill Media Black-Out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I remember hearing a little snippet on CNN about it early Saturday morning, but as soon as the NYC car bomb story broke, that's all I've heard all day long. There literally has not been a single time since last night that I've took a quick glance at the channel and the NYC car bomb story wasn't on. I mean, I think an oil spill that could kill more ocean life than we can begin to fathom is a little more important than a failed car bomb. I mean, I know it's New York City and all, but give me a break. The way the media is covering it, one would think this was another 9/11.

Anybody else notice this on other mainstream media channels and news outlets as well?

[edit on 5/2/2010 by SonicInfinity]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Actually, that is very interesting...

Its a great distraction

have you read this tidbit?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Star and flag

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
If they (the mainstream media) don't cover the story, it's because the powers that be want it that way. It's part of their plan for total domination and control. My inner knowing tells me that this was a false flag operation conducted by a triple letter agency of the US, in order to increase the prices of crude oil, and continue to crash the economy of the entire planet.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I agree with you. I think the car bomb (that wasn't really a bomb) was just a distraction.

I mean, here we have the GREATEST disaster, ever, happening, and the media can't stop talking about a car bomb that did not go off?

Think of this. With every hurricane that manifests, the media gets the biggest scientists we know of to come on TV and talk about the worst case scenario.

Now, we have an oil leak of a HUGE magnitude, that could potentially get into the gulf stream and go all the way up the eastern seaboard, and who knows what else, and where are the scientists? Where are the worst case scenarios on TV?

I think all the scientists who really know what is happening must be in real talks with the government. I think there IS a media blackout on this thing.

So, they keep life going on as usual, distract the masses with the war on terror, and meanwhile, everyone is kept in the dark about what this can mean.

Un believeable.

I honestly can't get any work done, because I am so concerned out about this incident,
and what boggles my mind is that NOBODY else around me seems to be even the sligthest bit concerned.

Why? Because the media seems to want it that way.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Now, we have an oil leak of a HUGE magnitude, that could potentially get into the gulf stream and go all the way up the eastern seaboard, and who knows what else, and where are the scientists? Where are the worst case scenarios on TV?

Well,first of all we need to deny ignorance a little here.

This spill is in the Gulf of Mexico which would mean it would have to go a looong way to make it to the Atlantic Ocean and the eastern seaboard of the U.S.

Also the gulf stream flows south which means IF it were to make it that far it would have to float AGAINST the stream which is impossible to do.

Why didn't the Obamanation utilize the resources available to them 2 weeks ago to prevent this ecological disaster from even getting any closer to the coast of these states?

I mean these 5 Republican governed states.

I can just here his chief of staff Rahm Emmanuel laughing his evil laugh saying,"those good old boys are screwed".

The liberals of the MSM are in on it too.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

ALL I am gonna say is;

Your theory is ironic after a year + of don't tread on me, everyone take responsibility for themselves and general free market talk.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
oneolddude... pull that obama doll out of your ass. Not everything in your life or ours is obama's fault. That s*((* gets really old. And it's just not intelligent either.

That non-bomb did seem a bit of a red herring. And this oil spill could become the largest disaster in the history of human civilization.

How do these wells get drilled without a plan in case the thing blows??? Equipment is not going to hold up 100% of the time (foregoing any possible conspiracy theories which may or may not be applicable).

new topics

top topics

join