It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

I thought in this country (UK and USA) people were allowed to be wrong, you know, freedom of speech.

-rrr

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Interesting, if I publicly say say adultery is a sin based on the bible, nothing happens, that's not hate speech but just an opinion, but if I say homosexuality is a sin, then that is hate speech. What is wrong with this picture.

Read 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

9Do you not know that the unrighteous and the wrongdoers will not inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived (misled): neither the impure and immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor those who participate in homosexuality,
10Nor cheats (swindlers and thieves), nor greedy graspers, nor drunkards, nor foulmouthed revilers and slanderers, nor extortioners and robbers will inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God.

Why pick on just one type of sinner? All of them can disqualify a person from God's book of life. There is too much focus on homosexuality, from both sides. I think Christians need to be more sensitive to the political realities and never single out just homosexuals. And homosexuals need to understand that Christians are not just against what they do, but just as much with the other sins too.
It is just another sin, perhaps viewed as unnatural by humans, but from God's viewpoint all sin is unnatural.

However if a christian is living common-law and then there out there protesting that "Homo's are going to burn in Hell", then no wonder they(Homosexuals) are angry. Hypocrisy doesn't fly with anybody.Before you cast the first stone you better make sure your own life is in order, because Jesus said something like that when he was on earth.

link   
I believe homosexuality is a sin! WHO IS GOING TO ARREST ME?

BTW you come on my property and I have a legal right to shoot you since you are trespassing. GOD BLESS TEXAS!

[edit on 3-5-2010 by dragnet53]

link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Come to the US, I'd let you stay at my place for a while if needed.

I mean that.

I can't guarantee it's any better here though.. At least there aren't dozens of cameras on every street.

------------------

I agree that this is a blatant attack on this man's basic human rights. There is no other way to look at it although many have already twisted it for their own needs.

Makes me sick really..

[edit on 3-5-2010 by DaMod]

link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Mamabeth let me just say how sorry I am to hear about how others treated you in school. You highlight how cruel children and Humans can be. I endured name calling and fists out of nowhere but I was also fortunate to be in a small school and have good friends, the names etc. stopped after 8th grade for me. I do remember times before 8th grade though when I would just ride the bus and look out the window while hunkered down in my seat hoping for all the world to be invisible. As you well know when you are in a segment of society thats "ok to belittle" life can be harsh, thats why I don't have any tolerance for this kind of behavior anymore. It took me 24 years to realize I was Gay, to say the words outloud and not have them disappear in my own head as if unsaid, 24 years to prove to myself that being Gay was not evil, that suddenly I wasn't going to turn into any of the stereotypes, that is was ok to just be me.

I hope your journey has taken you to a better place as well.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Risen

Originally posted by ngchunter

Originally posted by Risen
Freedom of speech doesn't allow people to promote hatred towards any groups or individuals.

There is no such limitation on the freedom of speech, at least in the US. The constitution makes no distinction.

There is though. You should look into how the first ammendment applies to falsely yelling 'fire' in a crowded movie theater for more info.

Yelling 'fire' in a crowded movie theater is not illegal because it promotes hatred towards any group or individuals, it's illegal because it puts people's lives in imminent danger of being trampled. Preaching that homosexuality is a sin does not put anyone in imminent danger and does not violate anyone's rights. I can't believe you'd even make that comparison, it's ridiculous.

If you're just putting people in danger by exercising your freedom of speech, you don't have any right to do that under the constitution. I'd call dehumanizing people with claims they're sinful or evil something which falls under that category. That's always the first step, to make violence against them easier.

That is a very dangerous and incorrect view of the limits of free speech. I see it as the first step to make violations of religious freedom and free speech easier. By your logic, DaMod should be arrested for what he just said. Guess what though? Like the preacher, you're not putting anyone's life in imminent danger, therefore it's still free speech and is to be protected. If, for instance, you try to act on that belief and arrest someone for stating their belief that homosexuality is a sin, then you've crossed the line and are trampling on the rights of others for which they have the right to defend their freedom. Likewise, if the preacher tried to enact a citizen's arrest on someone for being gay, then he'd be crossing the line. His free speech is to be protected, not prosecuted.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by ngchunter]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
"""The Bible speaks of the relationship between man and God, not dinosaurs. The Bible need not describe all the life forms God made, just that He made them. There is no talk of micro organisms either, but the average person would know that life, all of it was created by God. The Earth is over 4.5 billion years old. God could have created many species before man was created."""

But the bible is still full of false accounts such as the world being flat and that unicorns are real. Science has proven the bible to be a work of fiction and no amount of arguing is going to change the facts.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by asturel13]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Preaching that homosexuality is a sin does not put anyone in imminent danger and does not violate anyone's rights. I can't believe you'd even make that comparison, it's ridiculous.
reply to post by ngchunter

You must not be Homosexual because when you are, you know how powerful and dangerous those words from the pulpit are. Those words have supplied the fuel that has claimed more innocent blood then anyone of us will ever know.

The comparison is spot on. I can only hope someday you will come to realize this.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Helmkat]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Dale McAlpine has been blessed by G_D for preaching the truth. The hateful anti-Christians will use any excuse to persecute, belittle, defame or inflame, in order to achieve their satanic agenda.
My prayers are with you preacher.

And it's this type of nutty religious attitude that is pushing the non religious to the brink, for goodness sake your'e even too afraid to spell the word god. Which of the countless invisible men in the sky do you honestly think that doesn't know you mean god when you type g_d ?
Why not go the whole hog and type __ __ ___ do you really think the men in the sky won't know ?

This xtian guy deserves to be arrested for spreading hate, what's the difference exactly, between proselytizing that being gay is a sin (punishable by death according to your instruction manual) or being black ?

If this deluded preacher has kept his childish beliefs to himself he wouldn't have got nicked.

If xtians don't like this world filled with us demonic freethinkers please feel free to leave at any time and got to that lovely place in the sky.
You can be happy up there and we will be a damned sight happier down here.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1xion325alpha
Well all I really have to say after reading all these bigotry filled comments, as a homo sexual myself:

Not only is it a sin to religion its a abomination to the evolution folks too. IF Homosexuals get the laws passed that's on their agendas we will also be allowed to have sex with kids even our own. Do the research yourself don't take my word for it. If everyone was gay we would be a dieing species.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
You must not be Homosexual because when you are, you know how powerful and dangerous those words from the pulpit are. Those words have supplied the fuel that has claimed more innocent blood then anyone of us will ever know.

Homosexuality is a sin. I put no one in danger by saying that and it is my right to say that wherever I want. If someone acts violently against homosexuals it's not my fault, it's theirs. I didn't encourage anyone to act violently against you, in fact I condemn any such violence. Perhaps you don't understand what sin is, but it's not a call to violence against the sinner. I'm a sinner too.

The comparison is spot.

Actually, it's insane. I put no one in immediate danger by saying that, yelling fire in a crowded theater would. There is no comparison.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

I really believe what I endured during school has helped me.
Since I know what it is like to be spat upon and called names...
I think it will better prepare me for persecution of my faith
in the future.

If I had a son who told me he was gay.I would be upset and
angry,but I would still love him.A lot of gays don't realize that
true christians don't hate them.Being a homosexual is a sin and
we are all sinners.I am still a sinner,I am a sinner saved by
God's grace.

I wish you peace through your journey in life.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by piedsniper

So basically what you are saying is that all Christians should just commit suicide?

Death is the only way to get to that "place in the sky".

No need to be so insulting with that which you do not agree. We are all in this together after all. Whether you like it or not.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This is crazy and it's sad people don't understand the concepts of freedom and liberty.

In a free society people will always say things that are offensive.

There's white supremacist who have the nutty and crazy view that being black is a sin.

As a black man, I see that as silly but I will also protect his right to hold that view. As long as he's not physically hurting others he's entitled to hold that view in a free society.

There's people who picket outside of soldiers funerals and they say God wanted the soldiers to die. This is one of the most offensive and sick things I have ever seen but they have the right in a free society to hold that view.

In a free society these views have to be protected because if they go after them they will eventually come after me and try to dictate what I can or can't say.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

As I said, I can only hope that one day you will "see the light". I know at this point it is impossible to convince you otherwise but I can always hope.

Good luck to you.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by piedsniper
And it's this type of nutty religious attitude that is pushing the non religious to the brink,

If that's "pushing you to the brink" then we're headed for dark times indeed. It must take some incredible level of bigotry to be "pushed to the brink" by such a post as that. Seriously, if that pushes you to the brink, you might as well just ban all religious speech in public.

what's the difference exactly, between proselytizing that being gay is a sin (punishable by death according to your instruction manual) or being black ?

Being black is not a sin. All sins are punishable by eternal death, but that doesn't mean calling something a sin is a call to kill or act violently against the sinner. If you wish to keep distorting our beliefs and arresting us for speaking our beliefs, then you'll probably get your wish; eventually there will be civil war over it and in the end a lot of christians will probably end up dead.

If xtians don't like this world filled with us demonic freethinkers please feel free to leave at any time and got to that lovely place in the sky.
You can be happy up there and we will be a damned sight happier down here.

So you wish we would just die then? Be careful what you wish for.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I feel for this preacher some. It's what he believes and is his opinion which you can have no matter how dumb I think it is. But on the other hand there getting a little of there own medicine.

In all fairness Galileo was put on house arrest for the rest of his life until he died, for stating the sun was the center of our solar system. He made a break through and contributed a heck of a lot more then this preacher.Why this did happen almost 400 years ago lets not forget how the religious use to treat people who did not share there beliefs. This preacher man got off easy and should be happy in this day and age you can even have an opinion.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by asturel13

"""The Bible speaks of the relationship between man and God, not dinosaurs. The Bible need not describe all the life forms God made, just that He made them. There is no talk of micro organisms either, but the average person would know that life, all of it was created by God. The Earth is over 4.5 billion years old. God could have created many species before man was created."""

But the bible is still full of false accounts such as the world being flat and that unicorns are real. Science has proven the bible to be a work of fiction and no amount of arguing is going to change the facts.

How has science proved that the Bible is a work of fiction? Sources for your generalized statement please. Also, have you not heard of those things called allegory and metaphor?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
As I said, I can only hope that one day you will "see the light".

I have a feeling that I'll be forced to either "see the light" or choose prison or death. I'll take the latter two. I can only hope you will one day see the difference between the two situations before I'm forced to make that choice; they couldn't be further apart.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

As a nerd, I get a lot of hatred and rage at my nerddom. I mean, I'm a super nerd. I enjoy science, I watch universe documentary, I play video games and openly express my love for dungeons and dragons, axis and allies, and settlers of Catan. I've gone to nerdy conventions and wear nerdy shirts. I've had a lot of hatred come down my way at school and from people, society hates nerds, sometimes nerds even get assaulted because of the hatred of nerds. Obviously, the only solution is to outlaw and arrest all people that say bad things against nerds. Nobody understands how dangerous hateful words are against nerds and it needs to be stopped.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join