It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

The sad thing is the cops probably debated what to bust him for...The belief in the Bible ,or the fact he was breaking "health and safety" laws by being up a (shock horror)step ladder!

(EU)UK 2010,a bizarre maze of weird rules for the institutionalised masses.

Just keep your . down and behave-or we are coming for YOU.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
First of all, I apologize for being smart, but its neccessary because frankly the bible is 2000 years out of date at least; would you to your doctor for advice that old? no. And to be literal. In the bible it does say man and man relationships are a sin, but those clever non-dogs who wrote the damn thing, whatever version fits your beliefs NEVER WROTE man and boy sexual relationships are wrong, when they clearly are. Oh and look the priests are not sinning.

Church, God, religion, has caused more wars, divisions, problems than vise versa.

Spirituality on the other hand is making a healthy resurgence.

The main problem with anyone from a religious background is they deny their own ignorance.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by guidanceofthe third kind
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Why would you need to. A preacher tells you everything you need to believe....
Hmmm, my Bible says to consider all men liars and the word of God truth. I don't even trust what the preacher says if the Word doesn't confirm it also.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

I will tell you about how I was treated in junior high...

1.I have been spat on numerous times.
2.I was late to class often because the other kids' wouldn't
let me in the school building.
3.I have had my hair pulled.
4.I have had my books thrown in the trash.
5.I have been called every name in the book.
6.One kid gave me a can of slim fast as a christmas present.
7.One kid put a knife to my throat and made me give him a bj.
8.I was nearly pushed off the bleachers once.
9.One girl told the guidence councelor I was taking drugs.
My school searched my locker and my parents searched my room.
I was not doing drugs.
10.I have been punched in the mouth and my front tooth broken.
These are what I can remember.This all happened when I was 13
years old in 1968.

So,if any of you think you can frustrate or hurt my feelings,think
again.I am no longer a 13 year old girl.There isn't anyone who can
hurt my feelings,make me angry,yes,hurt me,no!

Because of number 7,my church kicked me out of choir.I tried
telling people that I was forced,no one would listen to me.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by mamabeth]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by guidanceofthe third kind
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You cant have it both ways. If god would talk to you directly you would know exactly what he wanted from you. Bible fail, logic fail.
Have it both ways how? The Word says that before the law, man was without sin. Before the law was given to Moses there was no command from God about drunkeness.

To use Noah as an example is an epic fail. Not my fault.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
It is very rare that I find myself on the side of religious "nuts," but I have to support this guy here.
I find it appalling that in a supposedly "free" society someone can be arrested for speaking their mind. I do not agree with him, but isn't this what they do in North Korea, China and Arizona? Not in the UK.

Freedom of speech doesn't allow people to promote hatred towards any groups or individuals.

Somewhere along the line people forgot that it's meant to be about the citizens having the right to speak out peacefully against their government, and not about Howard Stern's right to use racist or sexist words, or anything else offensive to other members of society.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maximus_Prime
First of all, I apologize for being smart, but its neccessary because frankly the bible is 2000 years out of date at least; would you to your doctor for advice that old? no. And to be literal. In the bible it does say man and man relationships are a sin, but those clever non-dogs who wrote the damn thing, whatever version fits your beliefs NEVER WROTE man and boy sexual relationships are wrong, when they clearly are. Oh and look the priests are not sinning.

Church, God, religion, has caused more wars, divisions, problems than vise versa.

Spirituality on the other hand is making a healthy resurgence.

The main problem with anyone from a religious background is they deny their own ignorance.

Spirituality and New Age-ism was one of the things that was very prominent at the turn of the 20th Century and Germany and look how that turned out.

As far as your quote about doctors, I have to say that I would probably take the advice from a doctor from 2000 years ago before I would discuss my options with a current doctor, who seems to be nothing more than a drug pusher for the pharmaceutical companies. Brujas, Curenderas, Indigenous populations, Hippocrates, man, I could go on and on about how they talk about diet, treating the disease and not just the symptoms. The same goes for Chinese Medicine as well. Google a lot of this stuff and it will blow your mind.

I am a Christian (though I do support the LGBT community. I do not believe that God would turn away from anyone) and I do find meaning in the bible, even after 2000 years. If I were immortal and the way that things are were still the same in 2000 years, I would still uphold the Constitution after 2000 years as well, especially the first 16 Amendments.

Also try not to judge and generalize. It would be nice to see the people on these boards when these things are discussed to stop looking at everything so black and white. It doesn't work that way.

Also, look at the ACLU, who have supported the Klan as much as they have the Black Panthers on free speech and that's the way it should be.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

If someone verbally threatens to harm you within earshot of a copper,he will nick them.(Or if you get a witness and complain)
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

When someone in a position of responsilbilty (say a Preacher) singles someone out for being against Gods plan (say a Homosexual) they are empowering those with the strongest beliefs (Zealots) to take action. When men of religion inspire such beliefs we use the term "radical" to describe them. This Preacher, this man in a position of responsbility was using his beliefs to spread fear and misinformation, to intimidate and to (make no mistake) embolden those with a similar view to do the same.

Its time to stop Radical men (or women) of any religion from hiding behind the words of faith as a shield to spread Hate.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Which one was full of HATE - the one speaking words quoted from a book or the one that sent a man to jail for speaking words quoted from a book?

JESUS said - The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil. - John 7:7 KJV

JESUS|YESHUA|SON < YHWH|YAHWEH|FATHER > CREATOR|KING|SAVIOUR

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Risen
Freedom of speech doesn't allow people to promote hatred towards any groups or individuals.

How does saying you don't believe in homosexual relationships promote hatred?

It' doesn't - LIVE with it.

This is not an issue of religion, acceptace, hatred or equaity, it's about POWER. The power of one group to donminate over another.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by Helmkat

Hate speech is not a crime.
reply to post by rick1

Really? How much Hate speech has been aimed at you? Have you known the fear of physical violence against your person and then realized that our society in many way condones it? Do you live in a world where you realize that some zealot might decide you don't have a right to live because you are Gay? I've only touched on the surface of what has been visited upon Homosexuals but this is a reality Homosexuals live with around the world everyday.

Has Hate spilled so much blood that we have become numb to it? How many blind eyes will we turn in the name of Gods and words written by small minded men? What this Preacher was doing was wrong and until you are the target of this kind of Hate you will never understand that jail is exactly where he should be.

Its just the way the world is. As i am interested in the way people click i remember i went onto a white power forum. I had a long disscussion with these people on jesus. They believed that jesus was white! No matter what you throw at them, they just dont care!

And this is the problem. People will read the bible, and it will mean something different to a groupl of people. If you are a hateful,violent person, then you will find an excuse to spread your hate through the bible.

And once upon a time it was ok to own slaves or make a person of color sit in the back of the bus. In time people took up the good fight against the way things "were" to make a better tomorrow. To do that you have to take a stand, you have to say "This is wrong." I am here to tell you that what this Preacher was doing "wrong" and it is no small wrong either. Its time for society to turn to religion and say "enough is enough."

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
It is very rare that I find myself on the side of religious "nuts," but I have to support this guy here.
I find it appalling that in a supposedly "free" society someone can be arrested for speaking their mind. I do not agree with him, but isn't this what they do in North Korea, China and Arizona? Not in the UK.

Somewhere along the line people forgot that it's meant to be about the citizens having the right to speak out peacefully against their government, and not about Howard Stern's right to use racist or sexist words, or anything else offensive to other members of society.

THANK YOU! Your so right!

Whats even worse is that we allow such people to go on with this sickness.

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Ignorance is all this is, its a sickness and get this ANTICHRISTIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeesh, these fakes preach the word of gaud and then DON'T FOLLOW their own teachings... (Someone look up hypocrite for me)

If your a christian you should be very upset that people like this are giving you a bad name and making your religion look as fake. Its showing the truth behind its leaders, that they are just petty scared little humans with no direction other then their own and lacking any divine inspiration.

In a true faith of love, acceptance, forgiveness these ideas have no place place, they don't even register on your radar if your a real christian or decent human being for that matter.

(I don't like that it tells me lower case "C" is wrong in the word christian, its not holy or sacred to me... I digress)

Still waiting for a lot of people to wake up, waiting for even more to wipe the sleep from their eyes.

LEAVE THE GAY's alone people. They are not dingo's after your babies.
They are not demons, they are good hardworking people.

And again I mention HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN OUTED in politics, religions and hollyweird that were haters then turned out to be gay?

here is one for you REMEMBER THIS GAY DRUGGIE?
www.youtube.com...

He's not gay but his Male Prostitute Drug Addict whores were.

Oh and what about this guy?
Jeff Gannon
www.youtube.com...

Who was he seeing in all those secret meetings and who did he know to get into that position (k jokes ran through my .)?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
Homosexuality is an expression of ones self. Democracy demands freedom of expression.

This religious nutcase was preaching fascism (unsurprisingly). Therefore, he deserves to be arrested, locked up, and cast down with the sodomites.

If democracy demands freedom of expression then you have a duty to stand up for this man's right to say what he believes, whether you like it or not.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

There is no such limitation on the freedom of speech, at least in the US. The constitution makes no distinction.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Originally posted by Parallex
Homosexuality is an expression of ones self. Democracy demands freedom of expression.

This religious nutcase was preaching fascism (unsurprisingly). Therefore, he deserves to be arrested, locked up, and cast down with the sodomites.

If democracy demands freedom of expression then you have a duty to stand up for this man's right to say what he believes, whether you like it or not.

No i don't. Im on the side of the Christian here, and i still disagree with you.

GOVERNMENT has to agree with you.

But all of that is beside the fact that a government representative abused their power to persecute a Christian.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I dont agree with the arrest. Just saying that homosexuality is a sin should not be a crime, even if the man is a stupid bigot, he still has a right to free speech in this matter. But if he preaches something that somehow infringes on rights of homosexual people (saying that it is a sin does not), then arrest is certainly justified.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
it had to have been more than that. I have numerous gay friends who would be hurt by that comment but I doubt they'd wish to become the oppression they wish to free themselves from.

Will look into this more to make this isn't just Christian propaganda (wouldn't be the first time)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

This is wrong, the guy was voicing his view which is his right. You will find my posts in another thread where i said the people who refused to serve a homosexual couple at their B&B should be sued, however the difference is one is a business and the other is just a guy in a public place. As long as he wasn't saying "lets kill the homos" thn he has every right to say he dislikes them or thinks they're sinners.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by justinsweatt

Spirituality and New Age-ism was one of the things that was very prominent at the turn of the 20th Century and Germany and look how that turned out.

As far as your quote about doctors, I have to say that I would probably take the advice from a doctor from 2000 years ago before I would discuss my options with a current doctor, who seems to be nothing more than a drug pusher for the pharmaceutical companies. Brujas, Curenderas, Indigenous populations, Hippocrates, man, I could go on and on about how they talk about diet, treating the disease and not just the symptoms. The same goes for Chinese Medicine as well. Google a lot of this stuff and it will blow your mind.

I am a Christian (though I do support the LGBT community. I do not believe that God would turn away from anyone) and I do find meaning in the bible, even after 2000 years. If I were immortal and the way that things are were still the same in 2000 years, I would still uphold the Constitution after 2000 years as well, especially the first 16 Amendments.

Also try not to judge and generalize. It would be nice to see the people on these boards when these things are discussed to stop looking at everything so black and white. It doesn't work that way.

Also, look at the ACLU, who have supported the Klan as much as they have the Black Panthers on free speech and that's the way it should be.

Germany is light years a. of the US as far as understanding the lessons of history. However they do not have as good of a Geographical location.

As far as your Dr. rebuttal I find it laughable. I agree with you on the fact that drugs are way over prescribed etc and that Dr.'s have lost their ways, as far as GP's go. However I would disagree with you if i got shot by a gun.

facts vs. facts cause more well facts... I'm not trying to be black and white at all, so I apologize for that. However, I do hold gays in high regard. They can't procreate, and frankly the world is vastly over-populated. I always feel so strange when someone with 8 kids and counting says, "God has blessed us". No God didn't bless you, your just a selfish piece of # who cares more about his own DNA than anyone else.

My opinions are strong because we are in dire times in deed.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by leo123

The world has totally gone mad supporting the homosexual agenda and beating down religion any way they can.

The homosexual agenda? Yep because we have one, right? WATCH OUT! We'll turn you gay

As for the preacher, I feel sorry for him. Not because his ignorant and ill minded a$$ is behind bars, but because he isn't aware of logic or sanity.

Anyone who disapproves of homosexuality is on the same boat as the KKK or the Nazis. True disgraces of our species.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join