It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Ahhhh I hate the way Christianity is looking now!!
I'm so tired of seeing thoses preachers saying "HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN, WHOEVER DOESN'T BELIEVE WILL BURN IN HELL!"

It's so not true and god doesn't worship this in the Bible, but the modern catholics are looking at it in a different way huh? Hiding pedophilia events, being the most conservative jerks, trying to stop every kind of activities (i.e. saying halloween is bad.. c'mon!),etc.

I can't wait to see a revolution in the Vatican ... the Catholic Church really needs a "revolution" or a fresh start, because now all they do is making the society hate them and this doesn't help in unifying the religion, the science and the modern society!

I hope It's clear, sorry for my bad grammar (I'm french)...

PEACE!

Jolois

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hate in the cloak of religion is still Hate and should Hate be tolerated when it wears the face of a diety?

I say NO.

Not now, Not ever!

People do not have the right to verbally assault me because you believe in some misguided way that by me just being me I have sullied your God. Such a concept is so outrageous that it borders on the ludicrous and has all the hallmarks of the small minded and ignorant.

Its time for the Human race to stop letting Hate use the loophole of Religion to spread its vile disease.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Helmkat]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
BH, learn the legal definitions of assault and battery - they are two different crimes.

You're right. (Ouch! That hurt! Ouch! ) I plead temporary insanity.

However, I did post the definition of assault. It must include the threat of violence or bodily harm and the apparent and present ability to cause the harm.

A preacher does not have the ability to send anyone to hell. So that is not assault. At least not here in the US.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jolois
I'm so tired of seeing thoses preachers saying "HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN, WHOEVER DOESN'T BELIEVE WILL BURN IN HELL!"

PEACE!

Jolois

My friend you are stereotyping. That is the problem, one man goes to jail and every christian in the world thinks the way "HE DOES". I wouldn't be surprise if he is either baptist or catholic. That being said I think you need to just settle down and know the problems of religion is not religion but the people within religion and the lack of tolerance. Tolerance is the one thing that makes a true christian true. Also, it's what you say that makes up person inside and out to the harsh critic that is called man (NOT SO) Kind

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Jordan River]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This religious freedom attack will lead to all out war.People never learn history correctly..So let them destroy freedom and they get what they deserve.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

A preacher does not have the ability to send anyone to hell. So that is not assault. At least not here in the US.

Wait and see how the so-called "hate speech" laws are interpreted by all the liberal courts who love to legislate from the bench because they can never get the votes to further their agenda.

Wait and see ...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by km1550
This is great news. It's time to start putting these hate-mongers and fanatics where they belong!!

Yeah! Round em up and arrest them all,oh but hang on that in itself is a form of discrimination is it not?

The guy is a hate monger because he refered to a part of the bible?

Lets ban that evil book-I know we could have book burnings just like the...Oh hang on that would be more discrimination would'nt it?

Maybe the government would then look for another target...maybe someone in your family that they decide its ok to discriminate against..

But yeah...great news

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
This religious freedom attack will lead to all out war.People never learn history correctly..So let them destroy freedom and they get what they deserve.

Freedom is only given to people at portion amounts. No such thing without green cash controlling the world. Freedom is an illusion like time itself. I am jailed within the walls of America as I speak. I cannot make any money higher then 25,000$ a year. I don''t call that freedom

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by leo123
The world has totally gone mad supporting the homosexual agenda and beating down religion any way they can.

Turnabout is fair play.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Okay, let's be absolutely crystal clear here - he was NOT arrested for expressing religious views, but rather for continuously shouting anti-gay bigotry on the streets. He's a fake christian, as are more than 99% of so-called practicing "christians" today. Why?

Because Christians are supposed to think the Bible is the word of God. Yes, it is about believing JC is your personal savior, but the only official text which talks about him is the Bible. You can't cherrypick which passages you like, and then ignore the passages you don't. If you do, then you're not a real Christian. You're a theist with Christian tendencies.

Lev 21:16 No cripples or anyone deformed in any way may worship.
Deut 23:10 No man with his genitals damaged or missing may worship.
Deut 23:2 No bastards, even to the 10th generation, may worship.
Ex 35:2 Anyone working on Sunday shall be killed.
Prov 12:4, Cor 14:34 Women are second class citizens, subordinate to men, to be considered possessions.
My favorite: Deut 21:18, disobedient children shall be stoned by their own parents.

This is a short list of some Biblical goodies. THESE are true christians. But there's not a single so-called Christian reading this who would ever commit an act listed above. Yet there they are, staring you in the face.

So next time you hear a preacher or even just some random Christian saying that "The Bible is against gay people", just remember what else the Bible is against. Basic human decency.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

PEACE!

Jolois

My friend you are stereotyping. That is the problem, one man goes to jail and every christian in the world thinks the way "HE DOES".

Muslims in America and the UK would like the same consideration.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Wait and see ...

I will. And if you're right, I will say so (no matter how much it hurts). Because I STRONGLY believe in the First Amendment as illustrated by my first post in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta

Originally posted by leo123
The world has totally gone mad supporting the homosexual agenda and beating down religion any way they can.

Turnabout is fair play.

Really?

How about two wrongs don't make it right?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
Okay, let's be absolutely crystal clear here - he was NOT arrested for expressing religious views, but rather for continuously shouting anti-gay bigotry on the streets.

If we are being CLEAR,we should re read the article,or at least this part:

The 42-year-old Baptist, who has preached Christianity in Wokington, Cumbria for years, said he did not mention homosexuality while delivering a sermon from the top of a stepladder, but admitted telling a passing shopper that he believed it went against the word of God. Police officers are alleging that he made the remark in a voice loud enough to be overheard by others and have charged him with using abusive or insulting language, contrary to the Public Order Act.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Not exactlly "continuously shouting anti-gay bigotry on the streets" IMO.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

PEACE!

Jolois

My friend you are stereotyping. That is the problem, one man goes to jail and every christian in the world thinks the way "HE DOES".

Muslims in America and the UK would like the same consideration.

I'm tolerant and have a greater knowledge that all Islamist don't want to wage war on the west. Stupid people on the other hand...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Jay-morris

You are so wrong!
Dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible...
I have a dvd of a sermon concerning the proof
of dinosaurs in the Bible.
Try looking up the CREATION museum!

Lol the bible does not metion dinosaurs. Are you talking about Behemoth and Leviathan ? I bet you are lol hippopotamus and crocodile comes to mind
Again, its just people reading what they want to read, its as simple as that.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonman1111

lol you do not want to go to hell, you just have no idea. Secondly God is not a 'super human'. And to answer your question God doesn't hate homosexuals, he hates homosexuality because it is caused by various chemicals and other negative environment influences and by direct demonic influence. You can call it what you want and believe what you want, but in the end everybody sees the truth one way or another.

Oh sorry. I did not know you knew God personly. I did not know you knew exactly how he feels lol Again, very primitive!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Turnabout is fair play.

Turnabout is NOT fair play. It's sinking to the level of your opponent. How would we like black people to play turnabout with white people? I don't want to be owned or beaten or raped or be someone's property - don't know about you...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

lol you do not want to go to hell, you just have no idea. Secondly God is not a 'super human'. And to answer your question God doesn't hate homosexuals, he hates homosexuality because it is caused by various chemicals and other negative environment influences and by direct demonic influence. You can call it what you want and believe what you want, but in the end everybody sees the truth one way or another.

There is no evidence what so ever that any religon has truth in it. None at all. In fact, things in the bible are being proved wrong all the time. And why is that? Its because of science. You religious people believed that the world was flat, that we are in the centre of the universe, that adam and eve were the first humans on earth (with no mention of dinosaurs) all a load of rubbish. But people will always be blind to this, and will always use there religon to preach hate!

You have to see things for yourself to believe, I wasn't religious until a few years ago. You're just a blind monkey who is proud of science and very arrogant. Sadly, dinosaurs are still around by the way. Anything can be used wrongly and for personal means, not just religion. I can respect a new ager spiritualist more than a dead wannab half assed calculating computerized atheist. But that's your right and nobody should force religion on you, same way homos shouldn't be given badges if they're going to throw tantrums and tresspass on peoples rights.

Its funny how religon turns people into hateful, spiteful people. Amazing, considering the bible tells you something completly different. Do you really think if there is an all powerful God, he is going to hate gay people? The problem we have here are normal people thinking that God would think like them. Its so stupid!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CestLaVie
AH, we were waiting for this. Sorry for the vic. Hate speech, where will it end-I mean where will the selective enforcement end?

I agree where will it end and when will all the homophobes grow the frack up and realize all this left right crap is just here to divide us.

Dem, Rep, Black, White, Gay, Str8, Male, Female, Jew, Muslim, Christian ITS ALL FAKE!!!!!! We are all one and these things don't really matter. Its just a way to keep us fighting each other so we don't all turn on the people pulling the strings.

If the Christians would really listen to what their savior said these arguments would be over. FORGIVE, LOVE, ACCEPT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you don't like what someone is doing... DON'T DO IT! Don't involve yourself with those who do, If I am not a crack head and don't like drugs then I DON'T HANG OUT WITH CRACKHEADS. If I do not like Christians, then I don't go to their church.

PEOPLE SAVE YOUR OWN SOUL! Mine is fine. Stop legislating my beliefs and morality. Its gotten so far out of hand on both sides and the demons running the game are laughing at us.

Imagine what would happen if we all came together and decided to tear down Babylon and build a better world with all included and no separation.
Its all a choice, FEAR and LOVE.

Stop fearing what you do not understand and love people for being people and offering another view.

Remember this is all a game being played and we are pawns because we allow it. STOP IT, stop hating on gays, they are great people and in reality how many str8 leaders have been caught with their hands in boys pants in Washington? Do I need even bring up the catholics? STOP HATING OTHERS because your really just hating yourself or vise-versa.

None of this will end until we grow in love with each other and self and thus the true god of the verse.

namaste

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join