It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonman1111

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by Moonman1111
reply to post by Jay-morris

lol you do not want to go to hell, you just have no idea. Secondly God is not a 'super human'. And to answer your question God doesn't hate homosexuals, he hates homosexuality because it is caused by various chemicals and other negative environment influences and by direct demonic influence. You can call it what you want and believe what you want, but in the end everybody sees the truth one way or another.

There is no evidence what so ever that any religon has truth in it. None at all. In fact, things in the bible are being proved wrong all the time. And why is that? Its because of science. You religious people believed that the world was flat, that we are in the centre of the universe, that adam and eve were the first humans on earth (with no mention of dinosaurs) all a load of rubbish. But people will always be blind to this, and will always use there religon to preach hate!

You have to see things for yourself to believe, I wasn't religious until a few years ago. You're just a blind monkey who is proud of science and very arrogant. Sadly, dinosaurs are still around by the way. Anything can be used wrongly and for personal means, not just religion. I can respect a new ager spiritualist more than a dead wannab half assed calculating computerized atheist. But that's your right and nobody should force religion on you, same way homos shouldn't be given badges if they're going to throw tantrums and tresspass on peoples rights.

I don't think so.

Society shouldn't afford idiots and miscreants.

We don't need them. They only hold us back.

Down with religion.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That is the problem BH, this open the door to worst attempts to step into free speech because everything is a hate crime.

We are to have it worst, when it gets to be enforced here in the US with Obama new hate crime add on.

The agenda behind the new hate crime reform is due to the new military rights for homosexuals, while I agree that any human being has rights in this earth, laws like this goes against those that have an opinion

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
This what happens when Americans spend more times looking at American Idol than making sure what laws are concoted in congress against free speech.

A. This was in the UK, not the US.
B. I love American Idol and watch it every week. Just because someone watches TV doesn't mean they're imbeciles.
C. The new crime bill of Obama's does NOT do what you're saying it does.

From your source:

President Obama on Wednesday signed a law that makes it a federal crime to assault an individual because of his or her sexual orientation or gender identity.

A physical assault must take place for it to be a crime. This law has existed for years. All Obama did was add "sexual orientation" to it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Yes, but verbal assault in the US is still a crime and falls under hate crime, so where the differences of what is considered a Verbal assault will be define.

We are getting into a slippery slope here when it comes to definitions under the law.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by leo123

The "homosexual agenda" as you put it, is a knee jerk reaction by gays to 2,000 years of discrimination, hate, and violence. We're entitled. But the PC crowd, and the reactionary bunch often respond before they hear the question. As long as there's no encitement to violence, it's idiotic to say someone does not have the right to express an opinion one way or the other. This particularly applies to a religous institution. Leave the preacher alone, comfortable in his view he can read the mind of God.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

BTW I never said that those that watch American Idol are "idiots"

Anyway I found this at the very end of the bill,

(3) CONSTITUTIONAL PROTECTIONS- Nothing in this Act shall be construed to prohibit any constitutionally protected speech, expressive conduct or activities (regardless of whether compelled by, or central to, a system of religious belief), including the exercise of religion protected by the First Amendment and peaceful picketing or demonstration. The Constitution does not protect speech, conduct or activities consisting of planning for, conspiring to commit, or committing an act of violence.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

13(4) FREE EXPRESSION- Nothing in this Act shall be construed to allow prosecution based solely upon an individual’s expression of racial, religious, political, or other beliefs or solely upon an individual’s membership in a group advocating or espousing such beliefs.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

www.opencongress.org...

Now while this ensure no trampling on freedom of speech the problem is when Free speech is view as a verbal assault that is to the discretion of the offended party or parties, the definition is no clear.

Examples of hate crimes include:

•Graffiti
•Arson
•Theft
Physical or Verbal Assault
•Intimidation
•Ritualistic Abuse
•Sex Crimes

www.ywca.org...

I guess Uk is having the same problem when it comes to the definition of Verbal assault.

The UK claim that the verbal assault of hate crimes is greater than the physical assaults and more common.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Yes, but verbal assault in the US is still a crime and falls under hate crime,

Only if it's a threat of violence or bodily harm.

Verbal Assault

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm.

Source

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I consider Lady Gaga to be guilty of "verbal assault" on my ear drums-Can I get her arrested please?

Sorry OT.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I do agree with you. Not just homosexuality. But everyone seems to get upset about something and then complain about the person who said something negative they did not like. Welcome to America in the 21'st century.

Did you bother to read the news story? It happened in the U K.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by leo123
homosexual police community support officer (PCSO)

I think this is an important clue to the situation. Not a real police officer, but a PCSO- less well-trained, with fewer powers, and possibly more inclined to abuse the powers that are available. This seems to come up on other issues.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Well I guess if the pastor or preacher tells publicly that homosexual sinners will burn in hell that can be considered bodyly assault or to the soul.

Still Verbal assault can be used as an excuse for intent.

After all here in the US we have more law sues due to verbal assault definitions than physical assault and does the UK also.

Their rates of verbal assaults are the highest also.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I have to say I understand where you're coming from. The reason a lot of Christians are wary of this law is how it can be stretched.

For instance, a couple examples happened recently in Canada (nothing in America yet since the homosexuality clause is fairly new). Basically, a couple of pastors were arrested once their sermons on sin (which included homosexuality) were used by others to incite violence, although the sermons themselves did not call for violence.

So Pastor A makes a sermon about sin, Person B down the line hears said sermon, Person B engages in violence against homosexuals because they took the sermon out of context or they were unstable to begin with = Pastor A ends up in jail when he had no foreknowledge of Person B's actions or plans.

Basically, some see it happening where one can be jailed for inspiring the actions of another even when the person never called for another to take any action.

That is what some find alarming. As if I said I don't like a certain religion (my right and personal opinion), someone hearing me, bombing an establishment of that religion, then I get arrested when all I did was state my belief and never took part in what the other person did.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

Yes but our hate crime laws are not different than UK, actually Obama just expanded the hate crime bill last October.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Ugh, I'm glad I rethought my opportunity to move to England and passed on the job. I'm also really glad that I live in a place where the 1st Amendment hasn't been totally destroyed yet. I just read this article and while I disagree with what the guy is saying, I think he should be able to say it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Exactly, even with protection of free speech the line that divide the definition of hate speech and what is considered a verbal assault is very limited.

The "intent" of causing harm is in the eye of the beholder or let say the offended party.

I remember the issue you are talking about, no long time ago.

It comes down to who is liable for crimes committed after free speech.

Or when a free speech is considered a hate crime.

I don't like when bills are redacted due to agendas the government is pursuing that actually trample on free speech

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

This what happens when Americans spend more times looking at American Idol than making sure what laws are concoted in congress against free speech.

A. This was in the UK, not the US.
B. I love American Idol and watch it every week. Just because someone watches TV doesn't mean they're imbeciles.
C. The new crime bill of Obama's does NOT do what you're saying it does.

From your source:

President Obama on Wednesday signed a law that makes it a federal crime to assault an individual because of his or her sexual orientation or gender identity.

A physical assault must take place for it to be a crime. This law has existed for years. All Obama did was add "sexual orientation" to it.

BH, learn the legal definitions of assault and battery - they are two different crimes.

Assault is basically verbal only and battery involves actual contact. So, simple speech can be considered as the crime of assault - which is happening in the UK and could be construed to be also happening here with the law obama just signed.

For your edification and continuing education:

definitions

[edit on 5/3/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by leo123

"The world has totally gone mad supporting the homosexual agenda"

haha. i'm sorry, i understand that this man has the right preach whatever he wants in the street corner...even though preaching against homosexuality is completely hateful and sad and completely goes against the understanding that GOD IS LOVE...

but...humor me.... what exactly is the "homosexual agenda" ?

hahaha

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I don't have any sacred writings about Jesus saying to hate homosexuals. I also don't remember him mentioning homosexuals. As far as I know it John was pretty fruity in my opinon and probably struggled with the idea of homosexuality. That being said there is a secret book of mark claiming a man to be nude with jesus. Is it gay? I think it's John, but that's just me. Remember Jesus hanged out with sinners. We don't know what were their sins. jesus never preached to hate. I don't think God likes it, but if you are you shouldn't hate it.

satans in hate

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Yes, but verbal assault in the US is still a crime and falls under hate crime,

Only if it's a threat of violence or bodily harm.

Verbal Assault

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm.

Source

Yes, and all an alleged victim has to do is SAY they felt intimidated and/or threatened for it to be considered assault.

As you know, anyone with an agenda can say just about anything ...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is great news. It's time to start putting these hate-mongers and fanatics where they belong!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join