It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is insanity. I myself, an atheist, have no quarrel with those of a different sexual orientation, nor do I care what falls out of the mouths of those in religion. People are free to do whatever they want within reason.

But to arrest someone for reading a damn book out loud?! Ludicrous.

Is there even a real trial-able law that he was arrested under?!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonman1111
reply to post by Jay-morris

Wait until you're dead, you'll see how fake the bible is then

You'll also prob get to spend time with the engineer of homosexuality and all other sin himself.

I tell you what. I have a muslim friend at work. He is a great guy, but very religious. I love chatting to him about religon because he does not go off on one when i tell him i think its all rubbish. But i will say to you what i said to him. If your God is real, and all the stuff in the bible is true, then i would rather go to hell than go to a place where the God is ignorant,arragont,hateful,spiteful.

But i dont have to worry, because i am sure in myself that religon is completly man made. Dont you think its strange that God is ignorant,arragont,hateful,spiteful? He sounds a bit like us doesn't he. Why would a super human being, more intelligent, be so primitive in thinking like man? That says it all really.

Oh, and you still did not answer my question. Can you answer it?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It just goes to show you!

First they make it illegal to burn homosexuals at the stake, and now it's illegal to just say it's a bad thing!

It really shows you the slippery slope we got ourselves on when we stopped burning them.

The next thing you know, they'll force us to do homosexual acts just so we're all on more equal footing.

TPTB are probably in some weird satanic homosexual-orgy right now planning it out.

Alas ATS, I fear nobody is safe from the gays.

Hahaha, seriously though. It doesn't matter what the guy was saying. Our societal culture is a higher order than it's individual constituents. If "the people" get upset over what this guy is doing, he will be removed. This, many times, will be regardless of the letter of the law.

It's perfectly "legal" to stand in the middle of a sidewalk that has a lot of traffic. You can stand there or spin in circles yelling.

... but once a few people complain that there is a guy standing in the middle of the sidewalk blocking society from moving, he will be asked to move at first. If he does not comply, he will be forced to move.

As Merovingian51 said

belief is secondary
the important thing is to conduct

If you don't know how to conduct yourself in a society, you will get the boot one way or another. The human organism has many facets, but will not allow itself to be overrun by miscreants.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by RestingInPieces]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

lol you do not want to go to hell, you just have no idea. Secondly God is not a 'super human'. And to answer your question God doesn't hate homosexuals, he hates homosexuality because it is caused by various chemicals and other negative environment influences and by direct demonic influence. You can call it what you want and believe what you want, but in the end everybody sees the truth one way or another.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by slank

This what happens when Americans spend more times looking at American Idol than making sure what laws are concoted in congress against free speech.

People seems to forget that the new crime law bill will make against the law anybody that preaches or mention "homoxesuality is a sin" in public.

In America most people doesn't keep with the bills that congress make to satisfy their agendas regardless who is the party in charge.

Last October 17 2009 a bill to reshape hate laws was approved and passed the House,

This bill was concoted to support the military new views of homoxesual rights and role within the arm forces.

This bill was been keep on hold since 2001 during the Bush era, but quickly put back into effect with Obama, that pleadge to sign the bill

Obama signs hate crimes bill into law in October 29, 2009

www.cnn.com...

The religous rights point out that this bill will create a persecution against religous leaders that preach homoxesuality as a sin, I guess they were right

Pastors would be hounded out of their pulpits or even rounded up because a hate crimes law would "criminalize" speech and particularly sermons that quote scripture saying homosexuality is a sin. The law would also "create" new rights for homosexuals and grant them "special protections" not accorded other Americans. And what the heck is a "hate crime," anyway? All crimes are hate crimes!

www.politicsdaily.com...

When people doesn't pay attention to politics and political tricks laws like hate speech "reforms" get to be passed.

Wake up America, under hate crime bills, free speech will be eliminated soon enough, as everything can be call Hate crime

[edit on 3-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos

You are so wrong, he was actually preaching hate towards a section of society. It wasn't just his opinion he was giving to a mate.

How was he preaching hate? His belief and opinion is against gays, and that is his right to feel that way. He was not denying anyone a civil right. In FACT his civil rights were just trompled upon. I dont understand how this fact escapes one.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

The churches I went to as a child taught me the following song...
Jesus loves the little children,all the children of the world.
Red and yellow,black and white,they are prescious in His sight.
Jesus loves the little children of the world.

I know there are white supremacist churches out there.But,not
all churches.Preachers are duty bound to preach God's word
from the pulpit to the congregation.Too many churches are now
selling out their princibles to maintain political correctness.They
don't want to offend someone by pointing out their sinful nature
to them.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

lol you do not want to go to hell, you just have no idea. Secondly God is not a 'super human'. And to answer your question God doesn't hate homosexuals, he hates homosexuality because it is caused by various chemicals and other negative environment influences and by direct demonic influence. You can call it what you want and believe what you want, but in the end everybody sees the truth one way or another.

There is no evidence what so ever that any religon has truth in it. None at all. In fact, things in the bible are being proved wrong all the time. And why is that? Its because of science. You religious people believed that the world was flat, that we are in the centre of the universe, that adam and eve were the first humans on earth (with no mention of dinosaurs) all a load of rubbish. But people will always be blind to this, and will always use there religon to preach hate!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by leo123

I think the UK has a lot to be fearful of. If God was to walk through the UK and deliver a sermon the police would arrest him. That means the UK is officially stating its opposition to God.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
reply to post by leo123

I think the UK has a lot to be fearful of. If God was to walk through the UK and deliver a sermon the police would arrest him. That means the UK is officially stating its opposition to God.

I hope so!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I wish people would just man up. I'm sickened by todays mentality.
"Oh! He said mean things about me" PLEASE!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
How long before buying/reading the bible will be enough to get you on a terror watch list...Its already happened for other books.

The thing that is so hypocritical about this is the UK government claim that they do not discriminate.

They obviously do,at least when it comes to people quoting the bible.

The guy didn't even say HE thought it was a sin-He said that he believes that according to the Bible its a sin.

Its apparentley a crime in the UK to quote/refer to the Bible.
You have to wonder the agenda of a government who is seemingly attempting to systematically "rewrite" the Bible to make it fit their way of doing things.

Never mind the fact that the government are responsible of breaking other "rules" in the Bible-Like (mass)murder,adultery etc.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Interesting how the UK get to enforce laws before the US that created Hate crime laws.

Wait when this starts to happen here in the US with the new Obama hate crime bill

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
It's not like they were arresting non-bigoted religious preachers. Just saying.. Don't be a bigot, and maybe you wont get picked on in return

The thing is, though, that bigotry is a two sided coin. If this story is correct, then the state is guilty of severe bigotry by arresting and charging a person for expressing different views to the one the state allows you to.

I think we really need to look at the bigger picture here; the ingredients of this story aren't really relevant, save for the usual petty squabbles between some of the religious and non-religious people that are all too common.

The bigger picture here is that the British state can arrest and charge you for expressing a view that they deem to be wrong. So far these laws protect race, religion and sexuality, but isn't this the thin end of the wedge ?

There's also the possibility that this story has been exaggerated, and that he displayed other unreported behaviour that led to this charge.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Conspiracy Chicks fan !]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

You are so wrong!
Dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible...
I have a dvd of a sermon concerning the proof
of dinosaurs in the Bible.
Try looking up the CREATION museum!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

There is no evidence what so ever that any religon has truth in it. None at all. In fact, things in the bible are being proved wrong all the time. And why is that? Its because of science. You religious people believed that the world was flat, that we are in the centre of the universe, that adam and eve were the first humans on earth (with no mention of dinosaurs) all a load of rubbish. But people will always be blind to this, and will always use there religon to preach hate!

You have to see things for yourself to believe, I wasn't religious until a few years ago. You're just a blind monkey who is proud of science and very arrogant. Sadly, dinosaurs are still around by the way. Anything can be used wrongly and for personal means, not just religion. I can respect a new ager spiritualist more than a dead wannab half assed calculating computerized atheist. But that's your right and nobody should force religion on you, same way homos shouldn't be given badges if they're going to throw tantrums and tresspass on peoples rights.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I still don't get it.

Are you not allowed to hate anyone?
Are you not allowed to SAY you hate anyone?
Are you not allowed to say something is wrong?

Example:
I hate politicians.
Politicians steal public money.

Um ... there, so arrest me now?

Gays are as wrong as they think they are right: ie the door swings both ways, and just because they FEEL it's ok, does not preclude anyone from disagreeing.

Arresting someone for disagreeing with your personal perspective is pathetic. And wrong too.

In a truly free society, a man can stand up in the town square and insult every single person or group he thinks is there. And no one would be stupid enough to take him seriously. Look at southpark.

These gay police have just shown their stupidity, bigotry, repressed anxiety and misdirected hate against their mothers. And fathers.

No really people. Tolerance.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
www.texemarrs.com...

Angry at Christian Bible-believers and others who refuse to acknowledge his spiritual leadership, Pope John Paul II and Vatican cronies have called for an all-out war.

As reported in the Associated Press, with the Tibetan god-man, the Dalai Lama, sitting at his right side, this October in Rome the Pope presided at a special council of some 200 religious leaders of various faiths, sects, and cults.

The Pontiff told the assembled Buddhist monks, Zoroastrian priests, Catholic cardinals, Hindu gurus, American Indian shamen, Jewish rabbis, and ecumenical clergy that all must join in condemning the Christian fundamentalists who "abuse speech" and whose efforts at converting others "incite hatred and violence."

The Pope further directed that the religious leaders promote "tolerance," mutual understanding, and respect for all religions and faiths, not just their own.

Newspaper sources called the meeting "remarkable," noting incredible scenes ranging from a ritual in which an American Indian blessed the four corners of the earth from the heart of Rome, to a Moslem Mufti and his followers kneeling toward Mecca and praying.

All present were in accord on two key points: (1) Pope John Paul II was endorsed by consensus as the planet's chief spiritual guide and overseer; and (2) Religious fundamentalists who refuse to go along with the global ecumenical movement are to be silenced. They must also be denounced as "dangerous extremists" full of hate....

Anyone who doubts that the antichrist is alive and well in Rome should think again!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'm a HUGE advocate of civil rights for everyone, including gay people. I believe they should be treated 100% equally under the law, but this is insanity, IMO. I can only hope that the US doesn't take any cues from the UK in this area. I don't care if the preacher shouted it from the rooftop, he shouldn't have been arrested. It's very sad that the UK has completely lost their free speech rights.

I totally disagree with the preacher, but I support his Freedom of Speech. And anyone who doesn't simply doesn't know what Free Speech is, or doesn't care.

:shk:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join