It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Good for those cops.

It's not like they were arresting non-bigoted religious preachers. Just saying.. Don't be a bigot, and maybe you wont get picked on in return

Um, so to avoid being a bigot, i should never actually say anything i think/feel/believe? Especially not in public, especially not when police are around?

The word for people like you is nazi. The results of that is police state.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Good for those cops.

It's not like they were arresting non-bigoted religious preachers. Just saying.. Don't be a bigot, and maybe you wont get picked on in return

Um, so to avoid being a bigot, i should never actually say anything i think/feel/believe? Especially not in public, especially not when police are around?

The word for people like you is nazi. The results of that is police state.

You are so wrong, he was actually preaching hate towards a section of society. It wasn't just his opinion he was giving to a mate.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Westerners love to talk about freedom of speech ^^ they brag about it also, yet this thread shows another side, and view..

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Homosexuality is an expression of ones self. Democracy demands freedom of expression.

This religious nutcase was preaching fascism (unsurprisingly). Therefore, he deserves to be arrested, locked up, and cast down with the sodomites. Being Christian, he might just forgive people their trespasses.... then again... he might not.

Parallex.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by Violater1

Westerners love to talk about freedom of speech ^^ they brag about it also, yet this thread shows another side, and view..

So you think that any person should have the right to say, in public whatver they want, regardless of what he/she is saying?

If that were to happen, would you be happy for a person to stand on a box in the middle of a street with children in it, saying that all Jewish people should be killed for some stupid twisted reason, or talking about his sexual fantasies? No, people when they are out in public behave to what the society deems as acceptable.

Preaching hate is wrong.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I hope for the day that humans realise that all religon is a load of crap, which it is in my opinion. I believe that most of the trouble in the world is caused by something that does not even exist. Also, i believe religon has slowed us down as a race. But, we are still a primitive race, and i believe in the future we will stop believing in fairy tales. Shame i wont be alive to see that

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Whatever happened to the days when people could say...
Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will
never hurt me?
There are too many people now whose feelings are too
easily hurt.Our society is becoming a bunch of whiny, butt
cry babies.You hurt my feelings whaaa!I will get a lawyer
and sue you for hate speech.
I wish people would grow a pair or get a backbone!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
According to the Bible, homosexuality is a sin against God. That should not even bother those who are homosexual because they have already resolved to do what they want in spite of what God says. But God does not hate homosexuals and neither should anyone else for that matter. Sin is transgression against the will of God. Unmarried sex, sex with animals, murder, stealing etc. are all sin too. The Bible says that he that breaks one law is guilty of all the law. The law of God is seen as a single entity, you either obey it or break it (all of it). Preaching that homosexuality is a sin is only useful to those who are seeking a relationship with God, the others could care less and will become agitated when coming into contact with the law of God. The Bible also says that when a person embraces a homosexual life, they are one stage away from becoming reprobate (beyond salvation) and lost forever. You can read this in the book of Romans. Those who are confused and still indecisive about their homosexual tendencies are not yet reprobate and still have an opportunity to be saved. When you see homosexuals become violent towards God and Christians, it is merely a reaction to their open defiance and rejection of God.

One last note: God created people as all things to be what He intends them to be. Going against that is sin. Man was created for woman and woman for a man in marriage. That is His will. Homosexuality goes against that will and is therefore a sin against God. Sin is that which goes against the expressed will of God. When a society protects and promotes sin, it too is on the verge of it's own eventual fall due to the rejection of the truth. The UK has been on the slippery slope for a while now.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
According to the Bible, homosexuality is a sin against God. That should not even bother those who are homosexual because they have already resolved to do what they want in spite of what God says. But God does not hate homosexuals and neither should anyone else for that matter. Sin is transgression against the will of God. Unmarried sex, sex with animals, murder, stealing etc. are all sin too. The Bible says that he that breaks one law is guilty of all the law. The law of God is seen as a single entity, you either obey it or break it (all of it). Preaching that homosexuality is a sin is only useful to those who are seeking a relationship with God, the others could care less and will become agitated when coming into contact with the law of God. The Bible also says that when a person embraces a homosexual life, they are one stage away from becoming reprobate (beyond salvation) and lost forever. You can read this in the book of Romans. Those who are confused and still indecisive about their homosexual tendencies are not yet reprobate and still have an opportunity to be saved. When you see homosexuals become violent towards God and Christians, it is merely a reaction to their open defiance and rejection of God.

One last note: God created people as all things to be what He intends them to be. Going against that is sin. Man was created for woman and woman for a man in marriage. That is His will. Homosexuality goes against that will and is therefore a sin against God. Sin is that which goes against the expressed will of God. When a society protects and promotes sin, it too is on the verge of it's own eventual fall due to the rejection of the truth. The UK has been on the slippery slope for a while now.

No, God did not create us. Everything is evolution, its as simple as that. One point everyone thought the world was flat, that we were the center of the universe. With science, everything is fitting into place. Adam and eve has been proven to be rubbish, just like most stories in the bible. Oh, and why does the bible not mention anything about dinosaurs. Thats right, because at the time, the humans knew nothing about them, and as its just normal human beings that wrote the bible, off course thats why there is no mention of them.

Religon is very powerful, and people are blind to it, but they also use it for hate,violence,power etc. I will be happy when us, as a human race can move forward without believing in fairy tales. That wont happen for a very long time though

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
It's good that we get offended and take offense. It's only when I get offended by something, that I actually take time to think about it and consider it. Besides, it sounds like he included all of humanity in his sermon.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I'll make this simple...

i DONT agree with what he said.
But i'd fight for his RITE to say it...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

The Bible says that he that breaks one law is guilty of all the law. The law of God is seen as a single entity, you either obey it or break it (all of it).

Ha! How can you possibly make such a ridiculous statement?

With all of the inconsistencies in the bible, how could anyone possibly be true to all of it without cherry-picking the bits that suit you.

Thats what christians who hate gay people do all the time.

You, and they, just reject outright the notion of using your God given brain to actually think things through, and rely instead on blind faith and superstition.

Hate is hate, no matter how you try and cloak it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 1xion325alpha

Your response baffles me. Ask yourself this why was a gay man even in the church if he knew there would be a possibility that they might talk about homosexuals ? But you know what the best part is ? you insult the preacher. And you don't even know the new testament came after the old testament. How great is that ?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProTo Fire Fox
I'll make this simple...

i DONT agree with what he said.
But i'd fight for his RITE to say it...

There is definitely a quality debate subject in this argument - the Voltairian thesis of freedom of speech no matter the subject, versus the shredding of the social contract engendered by said anti-gay rhetoric.

That would be a doozy.

Parallex.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is just wrong. They arrest this man for preaching the truth, yet there are so many homo child abusing rats who have snuck into our churches disguised as preachers who aren't being arrested.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Moonman1111]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonman1111
This is just wrong. They arrest this man for preaching the truth, yet there are so many homo child abusing rats who have snuck into our churches disguised as preachers who aren't being arrested.

What a stupid post, from another blind person. So the only people who abuse children are gay?

The priest is wrong because he is preaching from a book that is as real as fairy tale book. And at the end of the day people have read the bible in so many hateful ways, just to suit them. Just like white people being the only race that matters, yes, they somehow get that from the bible

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Something which I have always found a little bizarre with the church(es) attitude towards the gay community is that I can count on one hand the number of priests and church ministers I have seen/encountered that haven't set off my gaydar

I don't really attend church anymore, hatch, match and dispatch services only but our previous 2 priests were fruitier than a Christmas cake, but their campness was just part of them, I didn't think any less or more of them because of it, they were nice people regardless. I went to art college and there was all sorts of people with all forms of upbringing, religious beliefs, sexual practices you name it, we just got on with it, which was one of the things I enjoyed most about college - most of my gay mates ranged from the 'you'd never know' rugby dudes to the 'complete screamer', they were either good dudes or not, same as everyone else.

Live and let live I say and the religious orders should be the first ones to promote that attitude to their fellow men/woman - I'm sure it would be a fitting outcome when they meet their maker that they are judged on how they judged everyone else.

"Here endeth the leshon"

Father Bertha

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Wait until you're dead, you'll see how fake the bible is then

You'll also prob get to spend time with the engineer of homosexuality and all other sin himself.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
doesn't this make the bible illegal since the bible does in fact say this?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join