It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

You're not a christian,

Thank god

don't pretend to know what we believe or what the bible says,

You can't even decide what to believe yourselves I freely admit to have given up on trying to understand the delude minds of xtians.

But I can read a book the same as you my friend so get off your high horse

It's pathetic that you have to distort what we believe to try to make your case that we all want gay people to die. That's a lie.

I have not done such a thing merely presented the facts, which are -

Your bibles clearly say that men who sleep with other men are committing a sin which is an abomination and clearly says that for committing this crime they should be put to death. Apparently this is an instruction from your god who also said -

It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." Luke 16:17

Now I don't claim for a minute that you believe what your instruction manual says, what you choose to believe is up to you. I would hope that you find the very notion of killing an adult for having sex with another adult as repulsive as I do but the books demand the reader believe it I happen to be fortuitous in having the good sense not to.

If you do happen to find the notion of killing a gay repulsive, does it not indicate that your compassion is far superior to that of the homophobic invisible man in the sky ?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by piedsniper

What part of "on topic" do you not understand?

ATS Terms and Conditions

[edit on 3-5-2010 by DaMod]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Yes, we get it Imaginary, you have gay friends. Good job. I've also been to gay clubs, maybe we should go sometime? I'm not seeing your point of exposing this information....

Oh you're trying to convince us you like homosexuals but don't like how they make love or agree with how they were born. Cool! Thanks for your contribution to the thread.

DaMod, you have the right to believe in what you Want to believe in. If it's hate, then good for you. Most of us rather not care or pay attention to you. As for this Preacher, sadly, he gained some attention, when he doesn't deserve it. Like I said, (but you choose to ignore for some reason, perhaps personal attacks are more effective according to you) I don't believe this man deserves to be jailed. If he wants to preach ignorance, let him. I could give a rat's ass where he ends up personally. The less uncivil creeps in this country, the better.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by piedsniper
You can't even decide what to believe yourselves I freely admit to have given up on trying to understand the delude minds of xtians.

I know what I believe and I am confident of it. Don't tell me I can't decide what to believe; that's another lie.

But I can read a book the same as you my friend so get off your high horse

You clearly don't understand it, but then again you couldn't really fully understand it without being a Christian anyway.

I have not done such a thing merely presented the facts, which are -

You've lied and slandered christians out of your bigotry.

Your bibles clearly say that men who sleep with other men are committing a sin which is an abomination and clearly says that for committing this crime they should be put to death.

You don't understand the bible, you don't understand the price paid by Christ because you don't believe in it in the first place, stop trying to pretend like you know what you're talking about. It's the height of arrogance to project your incorrect interpretation of the Bible onto Christians and then use that against us as an excuse to hate us and seek our prosecution for stating our beliefs.

Now I don't claim for a minute that you believe what your instruction manual says,

You don't understand what the "instruction manual" says in the first place. I believe it 100%, but it's not your place to assume what that means out of your own ignorance.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by ngchunter]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by piedsniper

Agreed on some points.

The Bible is indeed a flawed book of stories to set a couple of rules and beliefs for those who choose to follow Christianity. In fact, the religious institution claims that homosexuality itself isn't wrong or sinful, it's the act of two women or two men making love to each other. Yep, showing each other love is indeed wrong according to these people. Pretty amazing huh?

But at least (some) Christians are peaceful about it. Try being openly gay in Iran without being executed. It's tough.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

I don't hate anyone. Anyone! You got that! Anyone! I don't care if you are some serial rapist who molests babies I don't hate anyone.

You my friend are the definition of extremist. Of course I can't agree with homosexuality. I'm not homosexual! I have friends that are. I can't see why or how they are and I don't agree with it because I am not gay! You might say I can't see it from their perspective if you will.

I hate no one!!! NO ONE!!!!!

Don't throw the word hate around like you know what it means. It's obvious you don't.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

I don't hate anyone. Anyone! You got that! Anyone! I don't care if you are some serial rapist who molests babies I don't hate anyone.

You my friend are the definition of extremist. Of course I can't agree with homosexuality. I'm not homosexual! I have friends that are. I can't see why or how they are and I don't agree with it because I am not gay! You might say I can't see it from their perspective if you will.

I hate no one!!! NO ONE!!!!!

Don't throw the word hate around like you know what it means. It's obvious you don't.

You choose not to agree with someone because of the way they're born makes me an extremist? I'm not sure if this is correct.

As you said to another user, let's try to stay on topic. But I'm glad you don't hate rapists or molesters of children. Makes me feel comfortable talking to you ....

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Yep, showing each other love is indeed wrong according to these people. Pretty amazing huh?

You can show someone love without having sex. In fact, there is no greater way to show love than laying down your life for another. I'm really tired of you guys putting up these strawman arguments as an excuse to hate people like me. I'm done, enjoy your thread.

To Helmkat, I won't be returning the "favor." Hate me all you want.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by ngchunter]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Its not the love aspect that makes it sinful. I love you, I really mean that. I may not agree with you, or what you do, or what you say but I still love you. I even love piedsniper who is going around bashing Christianity. (Who is also way off topic in this thread)

I love everyone. No joke.

It's the act of sexual intercourse without the intention of reproduction that makes it sinful. Don't shoot the messenger.

------------------

The molesters of children deserve retribution for their actions. Hating them would put me on their level.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Oh you're trying to convince us you like homosexuals but don't like how they make love or agree with how they were born. Cool! Thanks for your contribution to the thread.

Lmao i am not trying to convince you of this at all, why can't you comprehend what i am saying? I dont' care how they make love, they were born gay, i agree they were born gay, i don't care they were born gay, it doesn't bother me.

Why are you continually lying? Continutally misrepresenting what i am saying?

You are a liar sir.

EDIT

How about i put this another way, you see DaMod above? He dislikes the sexual act, i don't agree with him, i simply respect his right to believe as he does and to voice that opinion.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

Its not the love aspect that makes it sinful. I love you, I really mean that. I may not agree with you, or what you do, or what you say but I still love you. I even love piedsniper who is going around bashing Christianity. (Who is also way off topic in this thread)

I love everyone. No joke.

It's the act of sexual intercourse without the intention of reproduction that makes it sinful. Don't shoot the messenger.

That's fine. It's your religious institution you want to follow and put faith in. It's that religious institution you want making choices for you. That's fine.

Sorry for any disrespect.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Lmao i am not trying to convince you of this at all, why can't you comprehend what i am saying? I dont' care how they make love, they were born gay, i agree they were born gay, i don't care they were born gay, it doesn't bother me.

Why are you continually lying? Continutally misrepresenting what i am saying?

You are a liar sir.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

Thought you were done with this thread? Also, you don't agree with the lifestyles of gays, but then you just stated " it doesn't bother me. "

You can call me a liar, but you sir confuse me more than a priest confuses a young boy after church!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I make choices for myself. Sure I beleive in god, that he is love. Even an athiest can see the logic in "Love thy neighbor as thy self".

And I do

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Thought you were done with this thread? Also, you don't agree with the lifestyles of gays, but then you just stated " it doesn't bother me. "

You can call me a liar, but you sir confuse me more than a priest confuses a young boy after church!

I never said i was done with the thread,i also never said i disagree with the gay lifestyle, i said othes disagree with it.

You are lying again.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

What part of "on topic" do you not understand?

And how the hell is discussing homosexuality and the bibles not on the same topic as " Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin" may I ask ?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Let's stop the personal sniping before red flags start blooming on miniprofiles.

You can call out a lie, but you can't call the member a liar.

The ball, not the player.

Capiche?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Let's stop the personal sniping before red flags start blooming on miniprofiles.

You can call out a lie, but you can't call the member a liar.

The ball, not the player.

Capiche?

Actually when a member repeatedly says i don't agree with the gay lifestyle when i have said i don't disagree with the gay lifestyle i can call him a liar because he is lying.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

this is a public place.
count how many people on these forums, over the years, think how many other people should be locked up, put in the looney bin, shot, hung, decapitated, treated to a bit of karmic revenge, grandfather claused to death, held accountable for the actions of their out of control rulers, tarred and feathered, aborted before they were born, sent to hell, flung off a cliff, leap to their deaths, cement shoed, slit their own wrists, lethally injected, brainwashed, punched in the face, stabbed to death, tortured to death, nuked out of existence, and etc.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
i can call him a liar because he is lying.

You can say that the statements are lies, but you CANNOT call another member a liar.

Terms And Conditions Of Use

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

[edit on 3/5/10 by masqua]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonman1111

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by Moonman1111
reply to post by Jay-morris

lol you do not want to go to hell, you just have no idea. Secondly God is not a 'super human'. And to answer your question God doesn't hate homosexuals, he hates homosexuality because it is caused by various chemicals and other negative environment influences and by direct demonic influence. You can call it what you want and believe what you want, but in the end everybody sees the truth one way or another.

There is no evidence what so ever that any religon has truth in it. None at all. In fact, things in the bible are being proved wrong all the time. And why is that? Its because of science. You religious people believed that the world was flat, that we are in the centre of the universe, that adam and eve were the first humans on earth (with no mention of dinosaurs) all a load of rubbish. But people will always be blind to this, and will always use there religon to preach hate!

You have to see things for yourself to believe, I wasn't religious until a few years ago. You're just a blind monkey who is proud of science and very arrogant. Sadly, dinosaurs are still around by the way. Anything can be used wrongly and for personal means, not just religion. I can respect a new ager spiritualist more than a dead wannab half assed calculating computerized atheist. But that's your right and nobody should force religion on you, same way homos shouldn't be given badges if they're going to throw tantrums and tresspass on peoples rights.

I don't think so.

Society shouldn't afford idiots and miscreants.

We don't need them. They only hold us back.

Down with religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join