It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by piedsniper

Apparently your not familiar with North Africa, the Middle East, and Central Asia before the rise of Islam.

Islam is a memetic phenomena and in the past it has driven all of those vices underground to black markets, it will do so in the future.

Money doesn't always trump, especially psychomemetic phenomena.

The only thing that will stop its spread is hyperviolent suppression.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Risen

The Bible most certainly does say homosexuality is a sin. It is perfectly clear on the matter and only someone who is either a liar, delusional, or has never cracked open a Bible could say otherwise.

From Leviticus Chapter 20... a whole list of sexual acts God finds to be sinful. Take special note of verse 13 as it clearly deals with homosexual sin.

10And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

11And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

12And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.

13If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

14And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you.

15And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast.

16And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

17And if a man shall take his sister, his father's daughter, or his mother's daughter, and see her nakedness, and she see his nakedness; it is a wicked thing; and they shall be cut off in the sight of their people: he hath uncovered his sister's nakedness; he shall bear his iniquity.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by SlickOil]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

Thanks for posting this. I see freedom of speech and religion are non-existent in the UK now. If you can be arrested for stating a belief, it's all over but the suffering.

This has nothing to do with whether the belief is wrong or right, it's at what point do you take away the right to express an opinion. I consider some groups evil in fact, but I'd fight for their right to say what they believe no matter how offensive. Gay's say terrible things about Christians. Same thing except they have rights I guess. I don't care one way or the other as long as both sides are free to speak.

I hope people from the UK won't take offense, but I pray we don't continue to follow you down that path to servitude.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SlickOil

Why are we even bothering to discuss the Bible in this thread? This is about free speech. Even if the Bible didn't mention homosexuality, if someone dislikes homosexuals they should be allowed to voice their opinion. This free speech only depends upon how far they go (obviously if they call for their death it's a different issue) or if they do so in a threatening manner, for example if they ran up to a homosexual couple and started screaming in their faces this would be wrong.

People should be allowed to say whatever they like as long as they don't harm anyone, call for anyone to be harmed or say anything slanderous.

Don't be drawn into making this thread a debate on the Bible.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

I would love to have posted only the word AMEN! But as you know we can't have one line
posts. what you said was very succinct and hopefully will reach many others. Thanks for your time and effort.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by piedsniper
What utter xtian bollocks,

Your instruction manual on life (the bibles) are used to teach children in publicly funded schools. Your instruction manual clearly states that men who sleep with other men as they would a woman should be put to death.

You're not a christian, don't pretend to know what we believe or what the bible says, you're clearly no good at it. It's pathetic that you have to distort what we believe to try to make your case that we all want gay people to die. That's a lie.

So long as this nonsense is taught to children I will remain very wary of xtians and afraid of them when in groups as one never knows which part of their instruction manual they will cherry pick and insist on applying next.

Textbook bigotry based on irrational fear.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by ngchunter]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I agree that this is about free speech, but I was replying to a post in this thread where someone tried to state that the Bible does not state that God views homosexuality of a sin. Since, the premise of the article is that the man arrested was arrested for voicing his opinion that the Bible says homosexuality is an abomination I found it to be applicable to clarify that the person arrested was indeed correct and wasnt just making things up.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Apparently your not familiar with North Africa, the Middle East, and Central Asia before the rise of Islam. Islam is a memetic phenomena and in the past it has driven all of those vices underground to black markets, it will do so in the future.

With respect, apparently you're not familiar with Dowlais.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
As usual the "police" are becoming more of a threat than your average criminal. Now remember that in the UK our government has ignored a EU courts order to remove thousands of innocent peoples DNA and finger prints from the system as innocence should be just that an no innocent person should have their details stored on a system without their permission. NOW the UK refused and is still refusing to comply with the order by using the appeals excuse and the fact that once on the system its incredibly hard to remove.

When the police in the UK arrest someone, they tick a target box set out by the government. This in turn adds to the grand total of arrest and other such nonsense that Labour will tell the public that crime is being tackled.

Its all a lie to deceive the public and keep our DNA and fingerprints which are taken upon arrival at the police station regardless. All they want is too collect YOUR details and add them to a database. Secondly if they arrest enough people and for minor or non-crimes everyone eventually, will have a criminal record no matter how small. Once you have a criminal record your rights are out the window and your in the system. The government can do as it pleases because you are labelled a criminal. NEW restrictions can be imposed. You can no longer apply for certain jobs without disclosing every aspect of your past, you can no longer resist or voice opinion as you will be reminded of your "criminal" record. You will just be another criminal.

So watch out and stay smart for any opinion and or slight show of your human right to disagree will be met with life changing results.

PSCO or whatever they are have little respect given to them because they are the worst of the worst in some cases. They are not police but think they are and they are the same as that neighbour everyone has who is nosy and complains to people about you and others because they have self image problems.

I know how the system in the UK works. I have been arrested 4 times in 6 years for voicing my opinions, protecting my RIGHTS and challenging authority when it needs to be challenged. I have beat those four charges by FIGHTING AND NOT LYING DOWN. You must stand up for your rights if you truly BELIEVE you are within those rights.

Saying homosexuality is a sin is NOT a crime. You are stating a belief in a statement you wholly believe is true according to a book or bible. If anything your religious rights are being persecuted and they are saying the bible is WRONG. They have no right to do this. Your right to worship and believe is being challenged by the Government and police and this is how civil war starts. By taking way what people hold dear is pushing the boundaries of law. They are baiting us into actions that can be used against us. They have guns, and tasers and no morals. We do not have these things to use back (no legally anyway, no you know why they were taken away). So we must use what we have. smarts and intelligence. We can use the power of people behind us, media to expose and an iron will. As a people we employ the government and police, not the other way around. WE need to remember this important FACT.

I dont believe in god but I believe in the right to peacefully worship and state your opinions. GOD gave man free though and will, once this is taken away you are no longer what God intended you are merely what the DEVIL longs you too be. His servant!

Let me know what you guys think.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by C11H17N2NaO2S]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Originally posted by piedsniper
What utter xtian bollocks,

Your instruction manual on life (the bibles) are used to teach children in publicly funded schools. Your instruction manual clearly states that men who sleep with other men as they would a woman should be put to death.

You're not a christian, don't pretend to know what we believe or what the bible says, you're clearly no good at it. It's pathetic that you have to distort what we believe to try to make your case that we all want gay people to die. That's a lie.

Once again this shouldn't be turned into a debate about what the Bible says. However you also cannot tell someone what the Bible does or does not say just because they are not a follower of said religion. Some Christians think it says that homosexuality is wrong and others think it doesn't say that, but in the end that is a mute point as the thread is about free speech.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Again please stay on topic.

Again "why you hate Christians" is not the topic of this thread. "Why you hate the Bible" is not the topic of this thread. Go spout your rhetoric in the origins and creations board where it belongs. Or maybe the religion board on BTS.

Where's a mod when you need one?

[edit on 3-5-2010 by DaMod]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Alright, wow, I'm so glad this thread has brought out the ignorant and the homophobic creatures out of the woodwork. No, the male genitalia isn't only meant for reproduction. They can be used for pleasure or to express emotion such as love. Sorry, but it's 2010, time to upgrade your beliefs on what a penis can be used for.

As for intelligent beings being homophobic, no, sorry, like I said, it's time to upgrade your feelings and tolerance of others. You claim you don't hate someone because of something they were born with, but yet, you don't approve of their "lifestyle." Guess what? No one cares if you approve or disapprove. I guess you don't approve someone because of their skin color either?

No, I don't hate freedom (as someone else mentioned), instead, I'm not a big fan of those who preach Hate. Who preaches it? The f'n creature who got arrested for it. The preacher.

Does he deserve be jailed? Of course not. Like I said, let him preach his anti gay lectures to brainwashed human beings. Not my problem nor my concern. I could care less where this vile and uncivilized ape ends up.

If you want to live like a bigot and "disapprove" someone for who they are, go for it.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

If Wales can muster up a future Charles Martel, they'll be fine. Maybe even "liberate" all of Albion in some kind of reconquista.

I don't know why but the image of King Arthur in a British reconquista springs to mind.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If you believe there is no God that created mankind and said be fruitful and multiply then you must believe you either evolved from a slime pit or your ancestors were put here by aliens. Either way, the homosexual lifestyle is counterproductive to “the survival of the fittest”. By nature, creatures strive to survive and propagate. Therefore, homosexuals must be a freak of nature because they will become extinct due to their own lifestyle.

This is not hate speech - just a scientific hypotheses.

JESUS|YESHUA|SON < YHWH|YAHWEH|FATHER > CREATOR|KING|SAVIOUR

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Alright, wow, I'm so glad this thread has brought out the ignorant and the homophobic creatures out of the woodwork.

I'm sure my homosexual friends and family would be interested to learn that I'm a "homophobe" just because I think homosexual acts are sinful.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

I tell you one of my best friends is gay, that I hang out with him on a regular basis, and you think I'm a homophobe?

Now I'm convinced you just like to hear yourself talk. GIVE ME A BREAK!

P.S. Yes the Genitalia is only meant for reproduction. The penis releases sperm which combines with the first available ovum and they combine to form a human baby.

The sole purpose of the anus is to excrete fecal matter so that you don't poison yourself with your own bodily waste.

Whats love got ta do got ta do with it?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Alright, wow, I'm so glad this thread has brought out the ignorant and the homophobic creatures out of the woodwork.

I'm sure my homosexual friends and family would be interested to learn that I'm a "homophobe" just because I think homosexual acts are sinful.

Making love is wrong? Alright, cool.

Originally posted by DaMod

I tell you one of my best friends is gay, that I hang out with him on a regular basis, and you think I'm a homophobe?

Now I'm convinced you just like to hear yourself talk. GIVE ME A BREAK!

Why must you make it public you have a homosexual friend? Are you actually hiding the possible chance you indeed could have strong feelings of hatred towards gays? Also, if you look down on your "friend" and think how they live their life is wrong, then yes, you are a homophobe.

Homosexuality is not wrong, I'm sorry you believe otherwise. I do hope one day you open your eyes. Thanks.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

As for intelligent beings being homophobic, no, sorry, like I said, it's time to upgrade your feelings and tolerance of others. You claim you don't hate someone because of something they were born with, but yet, you don't approve of their "lifestyle." Guess what? No one cares if you approve or disapprove. I guess you don't approve someone because of their skin color either?

Ok you are now lying. I have stated clearly, i don't care if someone is gay, i don't disagree with their lifestyle. I have said that over and over yet you are now wither ignoring what i have said or you are lying on purpose. How about i make it easy for you and put my thoughts in bold.

I don't care if someone is gay

I have gay friends and when they kiss in front of me i really don't care

I support gay rights

I support gay marriage

I do not disagree with their lifestyle

Hell i've been to a gay night club with friends!

Clear enough?

As for homophobes not being intelligent, well the facts are just completely against you. I've known a professor who held not only homophobic views but racist ones as well. He was teaching one of the sciences at a very well respected university. You are simply blinded by your zeal for the topic. It's just so easy to label someone as dumb if they are homophobic or racist, it's a nice and neat category.

No, I don't hate freedom (as someone else mentioned), instead, I'm not a big fan of those who preach Hate. Who preaches it? The f'n creature who got arrested for it. The preacher.

He has every right to preach his opinion even if it's a hateful one, that is free speech and if you don't support his rights you hate freedom. As long as he doesn't hurt anyone or incite others to hurt someone then he can do as he pleases.

Does he deserve be jailed? Of course not. Like I said, let him preach his anti gay lectures to brainwashed human beings. Not my problem nor my concern. I could care less where this vile and uncivilized ape ends up.

So what is your problem exactly? All i have ever done in this thread is defended someones right to preach whatever they want to as long as they don't go and hurt someone.

In your first couple of sentences i quoted you speak of tolerance, yet you can't tolerate those who disagree with you.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Wow, you should be a politician. You can really spin that idiocy. You'd fit right in....

Yes I think it's wrong, but I don't hold it against him. You really don't listen to anyone but yourself do you?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Making love is wrong? Alright, cool.

Any sex outside of a marriage is sinful. I don't hate someone just because they do sinful things, I'm not perfect either.

Why must you make it public you have a homosexual friend?

Yeah, it's so much easier to accuse you of being a homophobe if you keep that information to yourself.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join