It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

I don't think it is right for another man to receive a penetrative action in the anus from another mans genitalia. Personally I think the genitalia is to be used only for purposes of possible reproduction.

I by no means hate anyone for it. You're the one saying that.

You may disagree, but at least I'm not twisting your words like you are mine.

Yes, I still think you are an idiot.

Really I think you are only posting to see yourself talk judging by how illogical your last post was especially since you totally skipped the point, which was the first sentence.

----------

Edit to add a response to another post of yours.

It is not I that has the mental condition. Might want to get that checked.....

[edit on 3-5-2010 by DaMod]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Actually, opposing homosexuality kinda contradicts intelligence. It's on the same boat as racism.

Not really, opposing something has no basis towards ones intelligence. Again, you use words you don't understand, racism is not the same as opposing homosexuality, because racism is belief that one race is inferior to another and/or discriminating upon those of a race because of said inferiority. Nobody is saying homosexuality is inferior to anybody, or even discriminating. Some people are saying they don't believe it's a healthy adult lifestyle, and that's not being prejudice, that's stating a belief they hold.

You do have the right to dislike homosexuals, just remember, you're probably suffering from some kind of mental condition...

Pot calling the kettle black?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Actually, opposing homosexuality kinda contradicts intelligence. It's on the same boat as racism.

There are indeed many intelligent individuals who are homophobic just as there are many intelligent individuals who are racist. Intelligence has nothing to do with rationality and your inability to understand that speaks volumes about how you view this discussion. While i agree with you that being gay is not wrong, i deeply disagree with how you paint all of those who don't agree with being gay.

Please, (to everyone) stop comparing meth/crack addicts to homosexuals. Obviously they are not the same. If you feel strongly against gays, I advise you to find a new site. There is no room for hatred or ignorance on here. I've seen a lot of BS on this site, but this thread has taken the cake...not just a slice, but the whole damn cake.

Wait a moment, so basically you don't supoprt free speech, you only want to hear opinions that agree with yours. You are a traitor to freedom, a traitor to your own cause. You want gay people to have their rights but you are happy to trample on the rights of others.

You do have the right to dislike homosexuals, just remember, you're probably suffering from some kind of mental condition...

This is just sad, so those who disagree with homosexuality now have a mental condition. So if their religion tells them homosexuality is wrong they have a mental condition? Does this mean you also want religious speech banned?

You obviously hate freedom.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Yes. Do I think you should be stopped from doing it by others, let alone put to death? No. This is the kind of distortion and bigotry that will result in the loss of freedom as we know it.

What utter xtian bollocks,

Your instruction manual on life (the bibles) are used to teach children in publicly funded schools. Your instruction manual clearly states that men who sleep with other men as they would a woman should be put to death.

If this instruction is incorrect or has been revoked by the invisible man in the sky then it simply won't be a problem to remove the instruction.

However, it would appear that the invisible man in the sky, did not at any time change his mind about killing gay people -

It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." Luke 16:17

So long as this nonsense is taught to children I will remain very wary of xtians and afraid of them when in groups as one never knows which part of their instruction manual they will cherry pick and insist on applying next.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Really? Being gay is a belief?

Outstanding! I never knew such a thing.

I never said that, i was simply extending your argument to beliefs, why are you attacking me exactly when i agree with gay rights, i don't dislike gay people and i have gay friends. I said lifestyles or beliefs. Putting words in my mouth is a dishonest tactic. I am fully aware of the scientific data behind homosexual behavior, i know it is not a choice but how someone is born.

I think you need to take a step back.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

You say religion is used to preach hate. I would be interested in you proving that. By the way you sound pretty hateful yourself.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I have to ask:

If this was a Muslim Imam would he have been arrested?

If people think Christians dislike gays, they should check out the Middle East. Most countries there execute gays.

I guess fifty years from now, the UK will understand, when Sharia is implemented.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I just want to follow up on this thread before words are twisted:

I support homosexual individuals. As a libertarian I really don't care what anybody does with anybody, as long as its consenting and both are legally able to consent. Two men or two women love each other? ok, cool, whatever, it has no bearing on my life.

What I do support though, is freedom of speech and dissent, and I'm vehemently opposed to anybody whom tries to subvert ones free speech.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

If you are proposing that christians do themselves in,sorry, suicide is self- murder and is a sin.

What if my book proposes that being a christian is an abomination and that christians should be put to death but you don't have to put them to death if you don't want to, think it will make it to the printers ?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well, I think someone would have just as much right to religious freedom as another citizen would to civil rights....

Just because for example you might live in a country where perhaps some orthodox sect...of christians or jews or muslims for example... might want their women completely covered..well, this certainly does not mean the average american woman must wear a floor length skirt to the grocery store.

So if your religion doesn't like homosexuality, so therefore you don't, thats sad but just fine.

In fact feel free to express yourselves amongst friends. But don't sit on the streetcorner for example calling women in short skirts "jezebels" or unmarried families "fornicators"....or homosexuals (or anyone, really) "sinners" because once you cross your boundaries by law of allowing others to the quiet enjoyment of their day.....then it might be time for you to zip it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by leo123

The world has totally gone mad supporting the homosexual agenda and beating down religion any way they can.

Commenting in public that you feel same sex relationships are wrong lands you in jail and charged with a criminal offense? No wonder the odd sane person loses it.

More from the article:

"Police officers are alleging that he made the remark in a voice loud enough to be overheard by others and have charged him with using abusive or insulting language, contrary to the Public Order Act.

Mr McAlpine, who was taken to the police station in the back of a marked van and locked in a cell for seven hours on April 20, said the incident was among the worst experiences of his life.

“I felt deeply shocked and humiliated that I had been arrested in my own town and treated like a common criminal in front of people I know," he said.

“My freedom was taken away on the hearsay of someone who disliked what I said, and I was charged under a law that doesn't apply.”

Christian campaigners have expressed alarm that the Public Order Act, introduced in 1986 to tackle violent rioters and football hooligans, is being used to curb religious free speech."

www.telegraph.co.u k
(visit the link for the full news article)

Do you even know what the homosexual agenda is?
As far as I've read it's only about acknowleging homosexuals as people too. Why did you use the term the way you did?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by Moonman1111
reply to post by Jay-morris

lol you do not want to go to hell, you just have no idea. Secondly God is not a 'super human'. And to answer your question God doesn't hate homosexuals, he hates homosexuality because it is caused by various chemicals and other negative environment influences and by direct demonic influence. You can call it what you want and believe what you want, but in the end everybody sees the truth one way or another.

There is no evidence what so ever that any religon has truth in it. None at all. In fact, things in the bible are being proved wrong all the time. And why is that? Its because of science. You religious people believed that the world was flat, that we are in the centre of the universe, that adam and eve were the first humans on earth (with no mention of dinosaurs) all a load of rubbish. But people will always be blind to this, and will always use there religon to preach hate!

The Bible speaks of the relationship between man and God, not dinosaurs. The Bible need not describe all the life forms God made, just that He made them. There is no talk of micro organisms either, but the average person would know that life, all of it was created by God. The Earth is over 4.5 billion years old. God could have created many species before man was created.

So, you must believe that the world is flat, and that we are the center of the universe If not, then its ok to believe one thing it says in the bible, but not the other. It just goes to show that people will look at things like the bible and change it, mix it, to go with their views!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I guess fifty years from now, the UK will understand, when Sharia is implemented.

This will never happen, why ?

Because the pork,bacon,beef, alcohol and sex industries make billions and no invisible man in the sky is going to take that away.

White van mans' wife will be having Anne Summers parties in Abduls house it is inevitable, it may of course end up as Ahmed Anne Summers with a rubber Berka and whip but the money will always win.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_awoke

In fact feel free to express yourselves amongst friends. But don't sit on the streetcorner for example calling women in short skirts "jezebels" or unmarried families "fornicators"....or homosexuals (or anyone, really) "sinners" because once you cross your boundaries by law of allowing others to the quiet enjoyment of their day.....then it might be time for you to zip it.

Agreed except for the fact that sitting on a street corner and shouting things about people is not crossing the boundaries of law, unless the owner of the street corner requests you to leave and stop loitering, and you do not comply (which is then trespassing.)

People really need to start understanding basic law, it's frightening how very poor peoples concepts of whats legal or not is.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
Homosexuality is a sin.

Here's a very detailed and thorough examination of that belief.

In order to come to the conclusion that homosexuality is a sin, one has to make many assumptions because the bible never comes out and simply says that, and many things are taken out of context.

You may be interested to know that many of the things it's very clear on aren't followed by modern Christians. Leviticus, where most of the small vague phrases pointed to as evidence of homosexuality being a sin, spends many pages talking about how evil mildew is, and how you and your priest should deal with it. It also goes on in great detail about how menstrating women shouldn't be allowed to set foot in Churches. There's so much more, too, Leviticus is a wild insane ride full of very clear things which are roundly ignored, while everyone focuses on interpretations of small unclear sentences they can twist to mean things like God hates gay people.

Here's a personal favorite command of mine from the Bible:

Deuteronomy 22:13-21- A marriage shall be considered valid only if the wife is a virgin. If the wife is not a virgin, she shall be executed.

Now, with all these things that no modern Christian follows, which the bible is very clear about, how can you say that your motive is simply to believe and follow what the bible tells you? It seems you're only interested in twisting passages around to mean what you want them to mean, or letting preachers tell you what they mean.

If half of modern bible thumping 'Christians' actually read the book they claim to follow, they'd see it for what it is: A misogynistic perversion of Christs true teachings, and a collection of insane rantings by various kings through the ages. However, one thing it does not say, is that homosexuality is a sin, at least until the next revision.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Agreed except for the fact that sitting on a street corner and shouting things about people is not crossing the boundaries of law, unless the owner of the street corner requests you to leave and stop loitering, and you do not comply (which is then trespassing.)

People really need to start understanding basic law, it's frightening how very poor peoples concepts of whats legal or not is.

In this situation i don't think people are confused about the law, they just dislike what someone is saying and so they happily forget the rights afforded to that person so that they don't have to hear his opinion anymore. Whats that old poem?

THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

I think we're seeing a version of this poem, only it's free speech that is under attack.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

This is the way the law started in the UK. This is the way the law started in Canada. Now they have both evolved to speech. Do you actually think our govt. cares about homosexuals. They don't care anymore about them than they care about anyone else. The law wasn't designed to keep homosexuals safe but to keep chipping away at the constitution. You can't criticize a homosexual. Look at sports players who have been suspended for so-called hate speech and fined. Politicians who have been asked to step down for the same. The only step left is to put them in jail. Once they put someone in jail for one form of speech they can pick and choose from there.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by piedsniper
reply to post by mamabeth

If you are proposing that christians do themselves in,sorry, suicide is self- murder and is a sin.

What if my book proposes that being a christian is an abomination and that christians should be put to death but you don't have to put them to death if you don't want to, think it will make it to the printers ?

Well I dont see any reason it shouldnt. You have a right to voice your opinion, just like Christians have a right to state what the Bible says. You act like its the Christians fault that God think homosexuals are an abomination and that homsexual sex acts are sins. Maybe you should pray so you can discuss your discontent with His position on homosexuality.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Risen

Make assumsions?!!! HMMMM rong peg in round hole produces a child. Peg plus peg, nada. Hole plus hole nada!!! Wow a child could come to those conclusions!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Risen

Originally posted by ngchunter
Homosexuality is a sin.

Here's a very detailed and thorough examination of that belief.

In order to come to the conclusion that homosexuality is a sin, one has to make many assumptions because the bible never comes out and simply says that, and many things are taken out of context.

You may be interested to know that many of the things it's very clear on aren't followed by modern Christians. Leviticus, where most of the small vague phrases pointed to as evidence of homosexuality being a sin, spends many pages talking about how evil mildew is, and how you and your priest should deal with it. It also goes on in great detail about how menstrating women shouldn't be allowed to set foot in Churches. There's so much more, too, Leviticus is a wild insane ride full of very clear things which are roundly ignored, while everyone focuses on interpretations of small unclear sentences they can twist to mean things like God hates gay people.

Here's a personal favorite command of mine from the Bible:

Deuteronomy 22:13-21- A marriage shall be considered valid only if the wife is a virgin. If the wife is not a virgin, she shall be executed.

Now, with all these things that no modern Christian follows, which the bible is very clear about, how can you say that your motive is simply to believe and follow what the bible tells you? It seems you're only interested in twisting passages around to mean what you want them to mean, or letting preachers tell you what they mean.

If half of modern bible thumping 'Christians' actually read the book they claim to follow, they'd see it for what it is: A misogynistic perversion of Christs true teachings, and a collection of insane rantings by various kings through the ages. However, one thing it does not say, is that homosexuality is a sin, at least until the next revision.

Great post! and so true

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join