It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

That is the most intelligent level headed thing anyone has said yet.

I respect it 100%. I think everyone should read your post before they continue.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This story is either BS or some law enforcement agency radically overstepped their authority by making such an arrest.

If the courts stand by this man's arrest then I'll look for police officers to start marching into churches on Sundays and start arresting pastors, priests, congregation members, of all religions in this country - including Christians and Muslims.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by piedsniper

If you are proposing that christians do themselves in,sorry,
suicide is self- murder and is a sin.
Now,what about those guillotines I have been reading about?
Maybe someone wants to eventually do away with all the christians?
I know you atheists will have a grand old party when we're gone!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Homosexuality is a sin. I put no one in danger by saying that

Oh yes you do matey boy,
yourself ! If I happened to be gay and you went around my street mouthing off that your book (which you believe is absolute truth) says what I do in the sack is a sinful abomination and I should be put to death, I would give you a serious slapping for your bigoted deluded attitude.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Come to the US, I'd let you stay at my place for a while if needed.

I mean that.

I can't guarantee it's any better here though.. At least there aren't dozens of cameras on every street.

Man you really should be careful what you say, i'm packing my bags now

------------------

I agree that this is a blatant attack on this man's basic human rights. There is no other way to look at it although many have already twisted it for their own needs.

Makes me sick really..

[edit on 3-5-2010 by DaMod]

Yeah and this is what bothers me. The people agreeing with this mans arrest are the same people who often call for free speech to be protected. They are often the people who march around with signs in support of all sorts of issues and yet as soon as they hear something they don't like they clamp down on the idea of free speech faster than a shark clamps down on an unsuspecting surfer.

Let me be clear, i support gay rights, i have gay friends, but i also support free speech. If a person supports free speech then they must be ready to hear things which may offend them. Indeed being offended is the cost of free speech.

Even hate speech should be protected and actually it is! People have marches where they call for Muslims to be ejected from the country, they paint racist signs to march with. The police show up of course to make sure things remain peaceful but the protestors are allowed to do this.

So why was this man arrested? An over zealous community support officer maybe? These community support officers are a disgrace, lots of them are power hungry people. A friend of mine is a police officer and she really doesn't like them.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by piedsniper
Oh yes you do matey boy,
yourself ! If I happened to be gay and you went around my street mouthing off that your book (which you believe is absolute truth) says what I do in the sack is a sinful abomination and I should be put to death,

Again with the distortion. I never said anything about putting anyone to death. Every sin has been paid for by Christ and no one is to be put to death for it. Do I think it's a sin and wrong? Yes. Do I think you should be stopped from doing it by others, let alone put to death? No. This is the kind of distortion and bigotry that will result in the loss of freedom as we know it.

I would give you a serious slapping for your bigoted deluded attitude.

And I'd call the police for the assault.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by ngchunter]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well this is truly a screwed up ordeal.

I am waiting for this to happen in the U.S. though. It makes me sick really. But what makes me sicker are the posts here cheering this sort of action.

I will stand here and say I believe homosexuality is a sin. At the same time I see plenty of other sins in the world as well and all sins are seen at the same level and as we are told all sins lead to death.

Having said that I see no different than what this man was saying and a gay pride parade going down the street with a bunch of men dressed very oddly (in my opinion). I thought we had some freedom fighting, smaller government people here on ATS but some of these posts worry me.

At the same time if I must go to jail for following my beliefs so be it. I am told we are to follow mans law until it interferes with God’s law. Any law that would have me arrested over saying homosexuality is a sin is not in line with God’s law.

Homosexuality is wrong. I have as much right to say that as you have to be involved in it. My saying it does not mean I hate you. I have some friends that are homosexual I care about them dearly. That does not mean though that their actions are not seen as a sin in the eyes of God. There is a big difference between hate and belief. It is not for me to pass judgment on the person that is God’s business.

Raist

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
While I hate the things this man says, I don't deny him the right to say it.
Just like I don't deny the right for Westboro church to preach their filth.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I always mean what I say. If I didn't mean it, I wouldn't have said it.

------------------------

I agree, even the KKK has the right to protest here in the US. Sure nobody likes them, but their speech should still be protected 100%.

I agree it was probably an over zealous cop hell bent on making a statement.

A statement was made. That is for sure!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Anyone who disapproves of homosexuality is on the same boat as the KKK or the Nazis. True disgraces of our species.

A bit harsh Larry,come on dude- you can dissaprove of something without being considered a nazi surely?

Just because someone may dissapprove of something,it does not mean they wish to commit violence against you.

I dissaprove of meth heads,certain cult like religions,certain political parties.
My dissaproval does not mean that I wish to cause harm to those people.
It means I dissaprove of them.

Dissapproval is not a crime.

So disproving of a gay's life is Ok then?

Just curious, are you advocating the hatred of homosexuals? Ignorance is not a crime, it's a sign of mental sickness and this preacher suffers from it, as well any other homophobe. Does he deserve to be behind bars? Of course not, let him preach his sick and uncivilized lectures. I won't be listening and neither should any intelligent individual.

Thought this site was for denying ignorance.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I agree it was probably an over zealous cop hell bent on making a statement.

A statement was made. That is for sure!

Thing is, it wasn't a cop, it was a civilian who has been given some powers of a police officer. These people are labelled as "community support officers". They don't have weapons but they (i think) can issue fines, they can deal with minor offences, they talk to locals and gather intelligence. If you want more detail about them you can find it here:

www.policecouldyou.co.uk...

It's only a single page nothing major but gives you an idea of what they are and the sort of person the job attracts. I'm sure some of them are decent people but the majority are power hungry, busy body, idiotic, fools.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

You disapprove of your child smoking crack coc aine. Just because you disapprove doesn't mean you hate them for it.

Same same.

I think Homosexuality is wrong and sinful. No, I do not hate gays. They are people too. I hate no one, only their choices.

You need to take your zealotry down maybe 10 notches. You are really coming across as an idiot.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

If the courts stand by this man's arrest then I'll look for police officers to start marching into churches on Sundays and start arresting pastors, priests, congregation members, of all religions in this country - including Christians and Muslims.

Well perhaps that's not such a bad idea much easier to demand that the bibles etc have their instructions to kill people removed though and while they're at it have a warning placed on them.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Yes, because people have opposing opinions, and people are allowed to have them and express them.

Ignorance is not a crime, it's a sign of mental sickness and this preacher suffers from it, as well any other homophobe.

1. You seem to not understand what the term homophobe means.

2. You also seem to not understand what ignorance means. By definition, you are being ignorant, by misusing the word ignorance. I guess you have a mental sickness, huh?

I won't be listening and neither should any intelligent individual.

Many intelligent individuals oppose the homosexual lifestyle, and base their disagree on plenty of logical and valid points. Your disdain for an opposing viewpoint has made you radical and irrational, I'd suggest you step back and actually deny your own ignorance for a second instead of using it as an empty slogan.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
Homosexuality is an expression of ones self. Democracy demands freedom of expression.

This religious nutcase was preaching fascism (unsurprisingly). Therefore, he deserves to be arrested, locked up, and cast down with the sodomites. Being Christian, he might just forgive people their trespasses.... then again... he might not.

Parallex.
funny how you don`t express the same sentiment in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=8720184#pid8720184 you are as fascist as thay come and simply hate western culture and attack it from any side you can. sad little man

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by piedsniper

Will you please get on topic!?!?!?!

The topic is whether or not this man should be imprisoned for publicly speaking against gays.

The topic is not "why you hate Christians".

You need to preach that rhetoric where it belongs and that is not this thread.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by DaMod]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

reply to post by GorehoundLarry

I think Homosexuality is wrong and sinful. No, I do not hate gays. They are people too. I hate no one, only their choices.

You need to take your zealotry down maybe 10 notches. You are really coming across as an idiot.

You believe homosexuality is Wrong and you call me the idiot?

Enough said really.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Just curious, are you advocating the hatred of homosexuals? Ignorance is not a crime, it's a sign of mental sickness and this preacher suffers from it, as well any other homophobe. Does he deserve to be behind bars? Of course not, let him preach his sick and uncivilized lectures. I won't be listening and neither should any intelligent individual.

How is disagreeing with someones lifestyle or beliefs ignorant? You can disagree with someone without hating them. It is the irrational hatred that is ignorant but simply disagreeing with how someone lives, is not ignorant.

Personally i don't care if someone is gay, straight or bi, i don't care if someone practices bondage on the weekend or has multiple wives/husbands. However i think it is quite wrong to label someone as ignorant just because they disagree with how another person lives.

Of course you are free to believe as you wish

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

Many intelligent individuals oppose the homosexual lifestyle, and base their disagree on plenty of logical and valid points. Your disdain for an opposing viewpoint has made you radical and irrational, I'd suggest you step back and actually deny your own ignorance for a second instead of using it as an empty slogan.

Actually, opposing homosexuality kinda contradicts intelligence. It's on the same boat as racism.

Please, (to everyone) stop comparing meth/crack addicts to homosexuals. Obviously they are not the same. If you feel strongly against gays, I advise you to find a new site. There is no room for hatred or ignorance on here. I've seen a lot of BS on this site, but this thread has taken the cake...not just a slice, but the whole damn cake.

You do have the right to dislike homosexuals, just remember, you're probably suffering from some kind of mental condition...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

How is disagreeing with someones lifestyle or beliefs ignorant? You can disagree with someone without hating them. It is the irrational hatred that is ignorant but simply disagreeing with how someone lives, is not ignorant.

Personally i don't care if someone is gay, straight or bi, i don't care if someone practices bondage on the weekend or has multiple wives/husbands. However i think it is quite wrong to label someone as ignorant just because they disagree with how another person lives.

Of course you are free to believe as you wish

Really? Being gay is a belief?

Outstanding! I never knew such a thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join