It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm struggling with my spiritual awakening

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

Just remember that you are already enlightened, there is no need to try. Be careful with the whole energy channeling ideas, remember you are pure energy. Just let it run its course. Don't focus on the end "goal" so to speak. The end is not your goal what is happening right now is. Just be conscious, practice mindfulness. Catch your thoughts and stop negative thought processes.

My favorite meditation is metta meditation, and simple breathing meditations.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by onequestion]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Good job on your first thread – a brave and generous act to disclose information of a personal nature, so kudos to you. The tingling at the top of your head = the opening of the crown chakra; a sign that you are opening up to other realms of knowing and experiencing. A very exciting time for you! It can feel like pressure and/or tingling, and you do not necessarily need to be in a meditative state for this to occur.

I think the proverbial “Dark Night of the Soul” is bang on here. You have (one has) a rush of new knowing and clarity, excitement and understanding, and then you seemingly “hit the wall.” Confusion and doubt can set in; all that clarity seems to evaporate. It hasn’t, I assure you. I would suggest that your best ally is your trust in yourself. Never doubt yourSELF and your unique place in the world. Never doubt your sovereignty, and above all try not to give into guilt, especially if you have the notion that you should or shouldn’t be doing something…read: meditating, praying, saving the world…. It is okay to take five. Take ten, if you need to. You WILL regain your clarity. Allow it, try not to force it. Patience is one of the harder tests.

Finally, try not to worry yourself about “picking a side.” Ask yourself, is there really a side to pick? (lol, how “matrix”-esque that sounded…Oh, dear. Sorry.) Truth can be stranger than fiction, no?

Rather, try to focus on balance and try not to succumb to fear. This is key. Ignorance isn’t bliss, it’s delaying the inevitable understanding of your place in the universe. Take up your reins, when you’re ready.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
I'm with you.

My growing has stopped. I think i have to do something to start it up. A crossroads of some sort.

This is usually a sign that you are either afraid of something and can't let go of seomthing, or you are letting your flesh mind or EGO grab a hold of your development. Both can bring you right back to where you started.

I had a similar experience lately. I was able to reach the fourth conscience density for a week straight ( about 20 minutes at a time....all the power I could muster). Then I started posting on here about Akashic Records and 4th dimension experiences. When I started doing that, I was shut out of the portal for almost a month! No matter what I did, I couldn't get back.

It wasn't until I realized, that it was my flesh brain seeking attention and recognition that stopped the journey. Since then, I have learned to humble myself a bit more and face a few fears that were stored up in my root Chakra. Now I am slowly being allowed back into the realm.

Goes to show you that Ego, and all of it's selfish arrogant traits, can not exist in the 4th dimensional realm, metaphysical realm, higher vibrations..whatever you want to call it.. Neither can Evil exist.

Picking the side of light is going to always be a challenge, because ultimately, no darkness can be allowed to exist within your mind.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by manbird12000]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hey Strangleholder, I can relate to you. I kind of have been going through the same stuff with my awakening and exploring this non-religious spirituality. I started experiencing more strange things too (I always have though, just not a lot all the time) and I too started to experience the other stuff you mentioned except for the lack of empathy for others. I still have that, but SOMEtimes I do feel that towards my loved ones, simply because they don't seem to understand what I'm going through and seem uncaring, so I think with me it's a defense mechanism. I had to step back and stop trying to learn stuff and the tingling on your head, I get that too. I used to be very involved in a Christian church and I used to get it then too. Sometimes out of nowhere and sometimes in response to a spiritual move in the congregation. Some told me that it was the anointing of God coming down on me, and it kinda felt that way to me within the framework that I knew of the religion. It actually felt like it started on my head then spilled/trickled down my body, like something was being poured on me. I don't know what it was, but I have gotten the same feeling recently too.

Anyway, if you want advice, what I would say is just slow down and step back for awhile, others have said the same thing in the thread. When I did that (only a few days ago) I have started feeling much better and more level headed. I still don't understand a lot and there is more I want to learn about and experience, but for now this is ok for me.

I do hope you are well.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
My humble, completely non-expert advice is to honestly look around and figure out what it is that bothers you in the world and in other people. What atrocities and injustices offend you the most? Which behaviours in people irritate and frustrate you? Rather than let these things get to you, use them as a point of reference on where to focus your positive energy. Be inspired by them. Work to change the world for the better, one person, one situation, one day at a time.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

I talked to a couple of Christians at my work about this tingling sensation, they said it was God coming to me also. Doing some research on the energy side of things, I've discovered not only that you can google anything these days! (I literarly just typed tingling on top of head lol!) but this could be why we are experiencing this tingling, it would explain why I've been getting a lot of headaches lately...check this link.......

www.askgrace.com...

I've been trying the visualizations over the weekend, my mood has picked up and I've had some nice vibrations and emotions. The tingling sensation reacts to the visualization. It just feels right to me....

Hope this helps!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by manbird12000

Picking the side of light is going to always be a challenge, because ultimately, no darkness can be allowed to exist within your mind.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by manbird12000]

You speak the truth my friend, these last few words just popped off the screen for me. I had a past life thing were my life ended in the worst way. Since I got told this I've been consuming myself with revenge fantasies, plotting for when I return to where ever we all end up going. This had been clouding my outlook of late. Star and Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join