It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 Reasons something is going to happen as we approach 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronTheSpeaker

well earthquakes I admit have got frequent but that is due to the volcanoes erupting, either way we will find out when the big day comes

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Solar flares are very common and have happened throughout history.

Again I say: "So what?"

Earthquakes happen all over the world all the time. The Earth's crust is broken into tectonic plates. These plates move and rub against one another. Earth is an active planet.

[edit on 2/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

First off the solar maximum has been pushed back to 2013 and it is actually going to be a relatively small maximum. Second, can you provide scientific evidence for your claim about natural disasters. Third, the population growth rate is actually declining and has been for quite some time now. Fourth, I'm confused about your comment about the extinction rate. Of course animals are going to die out. That's nature. However, I don't see how you can claim the extinction rate is 100% when there are still things alive on the planet. Fifth, the movie industry bases its films on whats marketable. Topics like 2012 are very marketable right now as any time as any time spent on this site should demonstrate. Other than that a lot of your other reasons are based on speculations made by people who make their living off of fear mongering.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Solar Flares are not common in civilized society.

Atleast to the magnitude expected

[edit on 2-5-2010 by AaronTheSpeaker]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

In civilized society?? What does that have to do with solar flares? LOL

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
61.Planet Eris Nibiru can been seen world wide (hopefully)
62.Zombie outbreak? (highly unlikey, but you know what might happen in our crazy world)

Just a silly one
63.OMG run for your lives! Tiberium Struck earth.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

First off the solar maximum has been pushed back to 2013 and it is actually going to be a relatively small maximum. Second, can you provide scientific evidence for your claim about natural disasters. Third, the population growth rate is actually declining and has been for quite some time now. Fourth, I'm confused about your comment about the extinction rate. Of course animals are going to die out. That's nature. However, I don't see how you can claim the extinction rate is 100% when there are still things alive on the planet. Fifth, the movie industry bases its films on whats marketable. Topics like 2012 are very marketable right now as any time as any time spent on this site should demonstrate. Other than that a lot of your other reasons are based on speculations made by people who make their living off of fear mongering.

The solar maximum is not so much about the size or when, but about where we are in the galaxy

I honestly can't even list the amount of records set this year in terms of earthquake frequency, size, epicenter, location and specifically timing. And have you forgotten Katrina already?

Nothing lives forever. This planet is very cyclic. Well let me rephrase. No categorized species last forever

What is marketable? Marketing is what is on the people's minds, what are they thinking...let's market towards that. The question of WHY is it on our mind's isn't being identified. But they can spin your thought's against you through media

Their is a difference between spreading fear and spreading truth.

How many more events will it take? The true revelation of how massive this oil spill is, when Katla goes off?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I find some of your bullet points really unnecessary, "the middle class is dead", really?

You could do some more research and include more interesting things such as an unprecedented decrease in the Heliosphere by 25%.

Or an increase in geological activity on planets across the solar system.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

In civilized society?? What does that have to do with solar flares? LOL

True ignorance!!!! semi conductors

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronTheSpeaker

You clearly said the above. Solar flares ARE common. Society or not.

Sure they affect electronics, but that doesn't mean they don't happen. More days than not have solar activity in some form.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

alright list.

detroit really is as bad as people say it is.

used to play in a band in detroit, and going through certain areas makes everyone a little quiet, looks like ruins.

annddd, last time i was there for a dip-lo dance concert; our van got destroyed and the only thing left was my pokemon yellow + gbc. lol
he even came up to us before the show and talked and followed us asking for a dollar, so saying no means take everything in the car.

no windows, freezing weather, drive to saginaw. ughhhhhh

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronTheSpeaker

You clearly said the above. Solar flares ARE common. Society or not.

Sure they affect electronics, but that doesn't mean they don't happen. More days than not have solar activity in some form.

No I said solar flares, of the magnitude expected, are not common in civilized society.

That's called conjunction I believe

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

If it was about position then why not post that instead of making a point about the solar maximum that actually has nothing to do about what you're talking about? Also, our position in the galaxy is nothing special. We are on an arm of the Milky Way Galaxy and the last time we passed through the galactic plane was 3 million years ago, so we won't pass through it again for another 30 million years. In terms of earthquakes we are actually right on schedule. It's just that people are paying attention to them more now. As for Katrina, Category 5 hurricanes happen every year, that one just happened to hit a major metropolitan area built in the worst possible location. I'm not entirely sure what your point on the marketing is. In the 70s a bunch of New Agers perceived that the Mayan calendar ending had some deep significance and other New Agers picked up on that. Now that 2012 approaches more people have picked up on this subject originally relegated to a fringe group and the media has realized that they can now make a lot of money off the topic. Disaster movies have always been big money for Hollywood, and with 2012 they have the perfect cash cow for the next few years.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
maybe you should talk to et-man whe knows all about this subject

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Try labelling it a fragment, if you refer to your original typing of it.

(I know you probably won't get it. It makes me laugh, though.)

[edit on 2/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Can you comprehend how much money it would actually take to spray aluminum oxide over the entire planet?

Do you actually believe anyone would take such a measure over something that can drastically change the world we live in.

If the facts coming out about chemtrails are true then that alone is enough weight for me to believe something is imminent

We have a MASSIVE oil spill over a 500k part and some cheap cement work done by a laisse- faire company.

WHO in their right mind would start spraying the entire planet, regardless of health effects, if not to try to deduce the oncoming event.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I haven't mentioned contrails

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

if not to try to deduce the oncoming event.

Whaa? Deduce the coming event? Do you mean REduce?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

if not to try to deduce the oncoming event.

Whaa? Deduce the coming event? Do you mean REduce?

Deduce in the sense of gaining the knowledge and pinpointing exactly what will be the breaking point. Deduce does in fact mean to lessen, so it can be understood as lessening the severity of an event by understanding it.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

neither have I

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join