It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone in the world should boycott BP!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Let us all join together to boycott BP until they are out of business. Do not by gas at a BP station. Do not buy food, cigarettes, sodas, beer, etc from a BP station. Do not pay them to repair your car. Let us cut off all of their revenue. They should feel the effects of our wrath for them destroying our beloved Gulf of Mexico.

Please, join me, my family, and friends in boycotting these masters of destruction.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
That shouldn't be hard, I didn't know they were even around anymore, haven't seen one in years.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Well they are all over the place here. I am not ever going to step foot in one of those again.

Also BP has lots of divisions. They have a chemical division etc and I am going to work tomorrow and request my employer stop buying products from any of their companies.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by SlickOil]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Great idea. If they mess up a whole section of the ocean, they should be boycotted.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
And yet the other oil corporations are any better?

I disagree.

Buying from BP is no different than buying from any other company.

You have two choices.

1) Stop using all oil/petro based products (everything modern technology).

2) Or accept your fate, and use modern technology.

There is no object that does not use oil in it's manufacture/distribution.

We are pretty screwed here.

You can blame BP for the oil spill all you want, but the fact of the matter is, it's all of our faults.

We are the ones demanding the oil and using it. It's all our faults.

Humanity as a whole is to blame here. Blaming a corporation is just a clever way of excusing yourself from all that gas/oil/plastic/etc that you use.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I would be amazed if you could get 100 people to stop driving fuel burning vehicles and using anything with plastic of any kind in it, and avoid anything at all that uses some kind of petroleum products.

Everyone wants to bitch but no one wants to actually do without petroleum products of any kind.

The only way this would be successful is for a massive number of people to abandon the use of ANY and ALL petroleum products.

How much of your computer you are using now is made of plastic?

Do away with everything plastic?

It is a petroleum product.

Stop driving fuel burning vehicles?

I'd really love to here from one person who is willing to do any of that.

In time people will go back to their normal routines, no one would be bothered to do any of the above.

And if they did, who would join them?

Don't lie!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Yeah.

Rather than griping and bitching about it, we should actually start thinking for once and try to solve the real problem.

We need to get our brightest minds on the case, and develop some real tangible alternatives.

I will list a few alternatives we should be getting serious about studying and developing.

1) Hemp Oils to replace Petro Oils

2)Solar/Wind/Hydro/Geothermal Energy Sources

Problem is, no one is actually serious about these things. Everyone is too comfortable with the status quo.

We can hang all the Oil Company CEOs and seek their blood, but it will NOT SOLVE the problem.

The only way to solve the problem is to get real serious about changing the way we all live.

I myself am as guilty as anyone else. This is fact.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
In that case we should do the same for all the other companies who do the same in Countries like Brazil, and Alaska, and everywhere else in the World these companies don't give a crap what they do to the environment, Like exxon, remember the exxon damage in Alaska?

Or does it only count when it's done near the USA?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
YES YES! Boycott!

HOW IN THE NAME OF ZUES'S LILLY WHITE BUTT IS BP GOING TO CLEAN IT UP IF YOU BANKRUPT THEM????

didn't think that one through did you...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I dont even think there is a BP near me.
consider it done!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

No I did think it through. Do you really think they are going to make enough money to pay for all of the damage. They can make 5 billion a quarter for the next 20 years and not even come close to paying for this.

Lets boycott them and bring on the inevtible as fast as possible to set an example for the rest of the oil companies ie Screw up.. see your revenue stream stop over night.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by SlickOil]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Had a US company spilled oil off the coastline of Bongobongoland, we wouldn't have seen ATS lit up like a Christmas tree with these ridiculous threads. We wouldn't have heard anything about it of any kind whatever because there'd be no USA interest ... and ATS isn't American Top Secret for nothing.

But because it's a British company and because it's American birdies frothing diesel at the mouth as they flap their last on slicked beaches, it's just such a mega trauma for everyone concerned (or not concerned at all, really).

Why not boycott your own government ? They're the ones who gave these people permission to drill, they're the ones who are supposed to check the rig, the safety of the men etc ... where have they been the last 10 years ? It's not like you don't employ a few million civil servants to shuffle paperwork from A>B.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
An alternative HAS BEEN FOUND to plastic. You may want to check out a thread I posted previously here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Since 10% of the oil used in the U S is devoted to plastic use, this is significant.

fakeplasticfish.com...

[edit on 2-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I can see everyone is very upset as am I, once again I have that feeling where I'm ashamed to part of the human race.

I would of thought we wouldn't need to boycott them, surly there gonna get there butts sued into bankruptcy, wouldn't they? But it wouldn't supprise me if they wanted compensation and the taxpayer has to bail them out without being asked if they want to.

Even though I do hold BP responsible, I do agree that the real problem needs to be addressed, that we don't need to use oil!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The sad reality that many will fail to see here is that we are ALL complicit in this.

Our demand for petroleum products and convenient energy have led to this.

You can't blame them alone without looking in the mirror and blaming yourselves as well.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

We are not all complicit in this. I dont remember driving to the ocean when I need to change the oil in my car and just draining it in the ocean.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

if i had known this then as others had i would of been saying the same thing...
...NO!

yes we may be responsible because we use oil products but thats what we've been brought up on, and the fact is we DON'T need to use oil, the technology exsists. THEY don't want us to have it, before you look in the mirror find out whats true and whats not first. One man once mad a car powered by water and he was murderd and he wasn't the first and he's not the last.
www.youtube.com...

and the fact is the bast-ards didn't think about the dangers, they didn't care, they just wanted to tap that bad boy and make some profits.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Dont think most people care if they need petrol and the only place there is BP they will use it that simple.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth andpost by muzzleflash

I have to agree with that. If you want to boycot, boycot them all. It could easily been another company, unless you follow that theory of an attack by north-korea, because of south-korean parts used in that rig. and sorry to tell you... that boycot is too late, it does not take away that mess.

I just wonder if that oil will protect you from the recent solarflares.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
...Because BP just loves to drill holes in the gulf of mexico and unleash thousands if not millions of dollars worth of their main product, risking fines and potentially destroying an entire ecosystem for the sheer hell of it?

Seriously? B

Boycotting BP for an accident that was largely out of their control? They were using the pinnacle of Oil Drilling technology when this ACCIDENT happened. I'm sorry but boycotting BP for an oil rig accident would be like boycotting a pizzeria because their Pizza-chef burnt his hand on the oven door.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join