It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

English Defence League take over mosque roof!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

"This is not true. Post WW2 industrial growth and increased manufacturing productivity in the UK first sought to employ women. British workers had progressed from agricultural and service industries into higher paid work within the manufacturing industries, creating worker shortages in the 'dirty' jobs that paid less. As manufactoring growth increased, numbers within the indigeneous workforce failed to keep up with production rates and the government sought to employ workers from the Commonwealth."

Thanks for the history lesson. So wasn't Enoch Powell part of the Government that invited people from the socalled commonwealth over for the S**T work?

I think you are trying but failing woefully to be disengenuous by reducing the positive role of Immigrants like myself.

Again God gave the English some kind of divine reluctance to indulge in hard work be it dirty jobs, studying hard etc.

"Western success and economic growth was built by the Protestant work ethic. It all started to go tits up when the marketing people got the hang of appealing peoples greed. To single out the English is disingenous."

Well Please look at the context. The EDL is about England and a notion of Englishness. I think that it is you who are being disingenuous. Marketing is a logical outgrowth of capitlism which You are a massive fan of. Again The Protestant work ethic permeats the Carribean and Protestantism is also stronger in the Carribean than it is in the UK white community. Viz the decline of Churches due to dwindling congregations.

I get furious when after allof these years a hand full of morons babble on about hard working law abiding people like me who probably pay more tax than they do!

Tax is a bain of all of our lives. Governments take our toil and use it to propagate their policies. In the UK today, many are aware that this means the politics of appeasement. Most British people that I encounter, regardless of the color of their skin, are furious at the misuse of the wealth of the people. Be it to further feather the nests of the elite or the massive drain in the social welfare system by those who are exploiting our freedoms and rights.

Well I grant you that but me and mine lost lives and limbs agsainst appeasement and still got S**T from the whites after the war.

Your post does seem disengenuous and is a bit like the EDL. For the Record I prefer the old school NF and Column 88 to the EDL and New BNP (complete with wallet pic of their Asian wives) simply because they had the courage to actually stand up to me as men (before i knocked them down) and were honest racists. I just can't abide the deceits and duplicity.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

This Thread is not about race. It is about the (diverse majority) people of Dudley successfully objecting to a planning application, a local democratic decision that was later over-ruled by central government, and a particular group of politically aware people making protest about it.

The actual issue is about the concerns of British people, concerns that are shared by people of other nations, that the Islamists have a global agenda to enter the establishment of every nation or sovereign state on Earth and through stealth, force us all to convert to their religion.

Those who seek to turn this type of Thread into the usual racist circular argument are actually deflecting the real issue.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

So how come the EDL has a significant level of known racists in their midst. I have a distant dislike of what a minority of moslem fundamentalists do. Actually I dislike most fundamentalists. Yet I chose to express that distaste in an avowedly none racist manner.

Kindly re-read my previus posts. Make sure you understand them. Then reply

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Originally posted by Tiger5

So how come the EDL has a significant level of known racists in their midst.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the EDL & BNP are not made up of a large number of racists, that's pretty obvious to all I reckon.
The problem is that some people will end up supporting these racist bigots simply because none of the other parties will listen to their concerns. Labour, Tories, Lib-Dems...they all just stick their fingers in their ears and say "La-la-la...we can't hear you...la la la...you're all bigots..." just like some posters in this thread.
The people of Britain are worried about this, rightly so, but their voices are never heard as the government will do nothing that could lead to them being branded as "un-PC". If they don't start listening then they will lose a very large chunk of their votes to the BNP etc. and that is the last thing that Britain needs.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Well since you and many others on here are labelling the EDL for standing up for their rights and what they believe in, it's only fair we do the same for Islam and muslims, isnt it?

Islam - Muhammad - He could not read or write, married a 6 year old girl and consummated his marriage with her when she was 9. He was then, 54 years old.

Wow, what can we label those who follow Islam eh?

And they say christianity is #ed up.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Horus12]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
EDL. At least someone is defending the rights of the ENGLISH people as the government wont. Thee actions and their way of doing things leaves a lot to be desired.

EDL, if you are listening you need to appoint a proper leader to set out policy and structure. Then you may be successful as some of your methods are no different from the people you wish to protest against.

Set yourselves a plan of action, notify the authorities, at accordingly and responsibly and devise a method of getting your point across.

I support your ideas whole heartedly, but your actions must be changed. You need unity and proper direction.

You can help people who also believe in your ideas but that change must start with you.

I am open for discussion on this matter. I am PRO ENGLAND. But alos PRO Human rights. You must find away to integrate the two.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Wow, you are quite the racist.

British workers had progressed from agricultural and service industries into higher paid work within the manufacturing industries,

Well, I am not quite sure how it happened in Britain, but here in the U.S. agricultural workers/farmers, were enticed off of the farm by high wages in factories. I guess you might think farming is a low level job, the fact of the matter is that farming is a very skilled occupation. Look at modern day Cuba for that lesson. The problem is that U.S. farmers were so good at producing food, they literally worked themselves out of a job. The U.S. Midwest was producing enough food to feed the world several times over about fifty years ago. How is it that people living in tropical regions can't even produce enough food to feed themselves?

Long before immigrants began moving into Western nations, the workers of those nations advanced productivity to levels where far more leisure time should be had by all.

Do you think the BS artists created the productive capabilities of nations like Britain and the US, or the workers?

Immigrants to the Western world have made their way there through great effort on their part. Why is that?

Your whole post has the implication that working class whites were just lucky enough to be part of the culture of the elites who made all progress possible. Do you really think that is true? Could it be that the working class whites you so desire to dismiss as a bunch of losers are the people primarily responsible for the lifestyle you enjoy?

I don't know about you, but I would love to live in the tropics, but the political corruption there out weighs the beautiful climate. Why do you chose to live in foggy ole Britain?

Yeah, immigrants have contributed, but when they start claiming that us working class whites only succeed by luck of birth, and despise us for our success on this type of racial belief, it is hard to maintain sympathy.

And then again you accuse us of being lazy. If you are so ambitious, why don't you go back to where your family came from and show us how it is done.

You got s**t from whites, well I get plenty of s**t from non-whites. How about you, you ever get s**t from non-whites?

Well I have met plenty of racist like you who thought they could knock me down because I have blue eyes and I am not big, but after the first exchange of blows, as I walked them into a corner, and they explained how they didn't want to hurt me, they quickly apologized.

Last time the world was a whole lot wilder place and life was cheap, your kind was a whole lot more polite to my kind. It is the truth, and you know it.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
ISLAM IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT A RACE!!!!!!!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sotp

I understand your point.

I am worried about Islamic fundamentalists. Part of my then firm lost staff in 9/11. Some of my countrymen died. A lot of my friends probably breathed in carbonised human as they live in Manhattan. Getting onto a commercial plane is a complete pain in the arse.

When the Americans decided to follow their "my enemy's enemy is my friend" policy and got into bed with the Taliban/ mujahadeen I thought it was a bad idea. How on earth can anyone disagree with educating half the population????

I have investigated the EDL and spoken to people in Searchlight and seen the photos.

My only point is that the EDL is not the way forwards. There should be an organisation of moderates to use less abrasive methods of opposing the growth of Islamic fundamentalism.

Either the EDL has disingenuous leadership that chooses to turn a blind eye to their racists or there is a tacit consent to racists.

This is an inflammatory area that could have been handled with some tact and diplomacy instead its crude appeal to the thuggish element has sent me to question what is their real agenda?

The non-political stance they claim is in direct contradiction to their written word. Even on this website the EDL supporters have already raised anti-black racism and the usual racist hobby horse of "Go back to your own country". Well this is my Country. As a British person who is not English, Irish, Scottish or Welsh I do wonder about what happens after the Moslems are kicked out of the country.

I know that Islam is a religion but it has become a code word for anti Immigrant sentiments.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
What would people have wanted the government to do to stop the spread of Islam? Should the British Government have banned all Moslems? How was this going to be implemented?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
All the muslims I have ever met either smoke weed, drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes!

Islam will burn out in this country because they just cannot get enough of our wicked pleasures

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

They are not criminal scum that attitiude is nothing short of racism. You stereo type them like the BNP.

WHY? Because you have no clue about them or what they represent. They have more "colour" in their party than any other in Britain. FACT!!

They dont hate on all non-whites, they are trying to keep Britain British and being a British asian i support them!!

Most arrests on protests are from the oppsosing side not the EDL, what does that say??

There will be a small number who are idiots as there always is, but just as you cant blame all muslims for extremism you cannot blame all EDL or Britiain for a few idiotic memebers.

I bet a vote from all non-british against something was ignored there would be an uproar "Britain is racist etc.." But its the British who are ignored and just have to put up and shut up, well not anymore!!!

I AM BRITISH AND I AM PROUD

EDIT to say: My Personal belief is live and let live, the thing the EDL are trying to stop is non-british people trying to dictate how we live.

[edit on 4/5/10 by Lucifer84]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horus12
reply to post by Tiger5

Well since you and many others on here are labelling the EDL for standing up for their rights and what they believe in, it's only fair we do the same for Islam and muslims, isnt it?

Islam - Muhammad - He could not read or write, married a 6 year old girl and consummated his marriage with her when she was 9. He was then, 54 years old.

Wow, what can we label those who follow Islam eh?

And they say christianity is #ed up.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Horus12]

Research European history and find out who, what and what age various Kings Emperors and Popes were fu***ng.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifer84
reply to post by Parallex

They dont hate on all non-whites, they are trying to keep Britain British and being a British asian i support them!!

If you truly are a British Asian, you're a fool, whatever they say the folks you consort with are racists the anti Muslim angle is just a front and if they ever get their way you'll be next any south Asian is a paki to them.

I know what I'm talking about my brother, thick as two bricks, supports them guys I work with support them and folk who think I'm their friend support them, I grew up on a Wolverhampton council estate and know full well what inspires and motivates the edl and their ilk.

I can't wait for some Hindu's to get planning permission for a big temple in a predominantly white area. How will they react "they look like Paki's but they're not Muslim so we aren't allowed to attack them, f**k that lets get into 'em".

You know I'm right.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Hindu's and Sikh's have become a valued part of British society and their work ethic is something to be learnt from.

Why would 'we' turn on them when they have done nothing but enhance the UK and have a long and proud tradition within our forces as well.

You are trying to stir up hate where little exists just to fit your own bigotted opinions.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
All the muslims I have ever met either smoke weed, drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes!

Islam will burn out in this country because they just cannot get enough of our wicked pleasures

True, the most blatant example of the over consumption of alcohol I've ever seen was at a school mates Islamic wedding, a dance floor full of guys swigging from full size bottles of vodka or whiskey.

The paranoids have nowt to worry about.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Thepreye

Hindu's and Sikh's have become a valued part of British society and their work ethic is something to be learnt from.

Why would 'we' turn on them when they have done nothing but enhance the UK and have a long and proud tradition within our forces as well.

You are trying to stir up hate where little exists just to fit your own bigotted opinions.

Not to the 30/50 or so edl supporters I know, they see anyone coloured as wogs and paki's to be fu**d off out the country, don't believe me find out where they're marching and tag along pretend your one of them chat to them they'll reveal all, they get tanked up on speed, draw and alcohol before a march so are loose lipped. Honestly they just hate immigrants for their own schoolyard and estate business experiences and are just out to intimidate and have a scrap to get themselves up higher on the local hard man greasy pole.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Thepreye]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
maybe the whole reason for these wars in the middle east is to create an image of guilt they will be able to feed off in the future.

like black people and slavery...

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join