It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico's Drug Lord Billionaire - "El Chapo"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is an interesting video which I just ran across about 'El Chapo" .
Quotes from the video include:

"He's like a god in Mexico", and "No one sees him, but he's everywhere"

Wondering if he will ever be caught as Mexico's most wanted man?

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
If we legalize drugs, he wont have anything to sell anymore. Just like the prohibition era mafia's lost their source of income from Alcohol after we re-legalized it.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm sure he has a secret deal with the police. No chance in hell he will ever get arrested.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
See I have mix feelings on that. Cannabis, ok. But heroin or coc aine. They should not be legalized. You know how many people would buy it because it is legal? It would ruin our society. Some people don’t do drugs for the sake they don’t want to break the law, not because they are bad for us.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

See I have mix feelings on that. Cannabis, ok. But heroin or coc aine. They should not be legalized. You know how many people would buy it because it is legal? It would ruin our society.

Would you buy coc aine or heroin if they were legal? I know I wouldn't.

In America we supposedly believe in a free society and that there is an age of consent where children are finally considered adults. If such a society is to function we have to let adults make their own decisions.

Most people, those with an ounce of brains, would not do coke or heroin.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobbox1980

To tell you the truth I might. So would a lot of people. If you know you can get it around the corner, like a liquor store, there is a lot of personal and emotional problems people have. Look at the human happiness index. America and Canada are not at the top. A lot of people turn towards drugs for various reasons. Some people don’t touch the hard stuff, just for the reason they are illegal and are not easily accessible (not knowing the right people) If heroin or coc aine were legal, A lot more people would be doing them. I believe that we should have the freedom to do whatever we want (But not to the extant were it will ruin the economy completely). But we have to look into the future for the effects they have. Cocaine and heroin are HIGHLY addictive. It is not like cannabis or some sort of soft drug. Do you know the amount of people who successfully don’t relapse after being addicted to heroin or meth. Inset it around 2-5 percent of all heroin users that actually become clean. That is not a lot. For that reason alone and human curiosity, they should remain illegal.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
See I have mix feelings on that. Cannabis, ok. But heroin or coc aine. They should not be legalized. You know how many people would buy it because it is legal? It would ruin our society. Some people don’t do drugs for the sake they don’t want to break the law, not because they are bad for us.

No offense but that is just ridiculous, if somebody wanted to do heroin or coc aine, they would be doing it already, not waiting for it to be legalized before becoming an addict, aslong as you announce the long-term effects of these drugs like tobacco then I see no problem.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Really I don't think so. Ever seen people get hammered because they got into a fight with their spouse, or just have a #ty day, certain emotional problems people have might lead towards the heroin clinic across the corner. Imagine the complications it would have if heroin stores and coc aine stores pop up across the corner. Do you know people who have done heroin? I sure do. It is VERY rare, to quit. Human curiosity will get the best of them. I agree the drug war is totally stupid. If we made them legal in a VERY controller circumstance ok. But if you totally legalize it and make heroin and coc aine stores pop up like liquor stores, are you saying that people won’t touch it?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull

Really I don't think so. Ever seen people get hammered because they got into a fight with their spouse, or just have a #ty day, certain emotional problems people have might lead towards the heroin clinic across the corner. Imagine the complications it would have if heroin stores and coc aine stores pop up across the corner. Do you know people who have done heroin? I sure do. It is VERY rare, to quit. Human curiosity will get the best of them. I agree the drug war is totally stupid. If we made them legal in a VERY controller circumstance ok. But if you totally legalize it and make heroin and coc aine stores pop up like liquor stores, are you saying that people won’t touch it?

Obviously I mean in a very controlled situation, it would be nothing like liquour stores, that would be silly. I'm talking about converting some of the needle exchanged places into perhaps selling some of the harder drugs to addicts, along with a safe needle, but not advertising in any way, or encouraging people to shoot up, like they do with alcohol and tobacco. And its easier for kids to get illegal drugs than it is legal.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Lol, alright then I agree with you. I thought you meant like springing up like liquor stores or cannabis dispensaries. I think that would lead to a major problem with heroin or meth.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Many of the harder drugs used to be available to purchase as readily as a candy bar. Children could go to their local pharmacy and pick up some coke for their parents until it was illegalized.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Everyone seems to always forget that Portugal already took the decriminalization route and they have had positive results.

"Five years later, the number of deaths from street drug overdoses dropped from around 400 to 290 annually, and the number of new HIV cases caused by using dirty needles to inject heroin, coc aine and other illegal substances plummeted from nearly 1,400 in 2000 to about 400 in 2006" - 5 Years After

"Those data indicate that decriminalization has had no adverse effect on drug usage rates in Portugal, which, in numerous categories, are now among the lowest in the EU, particularly when compared with states with stringent criminalization regimes." - Drug Decriminalization in Portugal

"While drug addiction, usage, and associated pathologies continue to skyrocket in many
EU states, those problems—in virtually every relevant category—have been either contained or measurably improved within Portugal since 2001. In certain key demographic segments, drug usage has decreased in absolute terms in the decriminalization framework, even as usage across the EU continues to increase, including in those states that continue to take the hardest line in criminalizing drug possession and usage." - www.cato.org...

For this to work in the US and I believe it can, it's as simple as regulating drugs and providing rehabilitation programs. As well as safe places for people to use drugs. It's obvious we're not just gonna sell it to any person without them knowing about the risks. I'm sure this well also come along with campaigns such as TRUTH about smoking which have proved successful. "According to research, the decline in youth smoking attributable to this campaign equates to some 300,000 fewer youth smokers and thus millions of added life years as well as tremendous reductions in health care and social costs. - futureofchildren.org... tions/highlights/18_01_highlights_08.pdf

California is gonna do this and regulate it just like alcohol and tobacco. If people know of the risks involved, I don't think they would use it. Some people are just not gonna do drugs regardless of whether is it legal or not. I know plenty of people who are like this and I'm sure you all do too. Then there are people like myself and friends of mine who can try many drugs and not become addicted. I've done ecstasy, meth, coc aine, shrooms multiple times and I've been smoking weed since I was 14. Never once have I or any of my friends wanted to go get our hands on those drugs again just because we're addicted. We use them sparingly and safely. Yes there are addicts but that's just one of the things that happens. It doesn't mean everyone will become an addict. Some people are just inclined to and others are just not. It's that simple. If someone becomes addicted they don't need to be punished, they need to be rehabilitated anyway.

I use drugs when I want to have a fun night out at a club or party and I use them safely. I research before trying any new drugs and make a decision on whether or not to use it. There are plenty of drugs that I will not try because the risks just scare me. I don't think I even have to explain weed. I think we all know by now that everything we've been told about weed is a lie. Also, tobacco and alcohol are a lot more dangerous than drugs such as '___', ecstasy and weed so what's the big deal? - www.msnbc.msn.com...

If people are allowed to use alcohol and continuously kill people while dui'ing and we're allowed to smoke tobacco and kill ourselves then why am I not allowed to put something a lot less harmful such as cannabis in my body? Heck, even prescription drugs are a lot worse but we all know this country is catered to those who have money. Why is anyone telling me what I can and can't put in my body anyway? It's my body.

Personally I think government is also scared about losing their grip on our minds. Many drugs open you up to new ways of thinking. Shrooms opened me up to a whole new world and I learned more about life in those few hours than I have in my entire life. It made me a much better person, opened me up spiritually and awakened me a lot more to the mess that is our society.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The pros and cons of legalizing drugs:

www.echeat.com...

As the OP I am against legalization. Here's ares some short quotes regarding the "cons" of legalization since the "pros" of legalization have been mentioned several times already.

"Just imagine if drugs were available at the nearest corner store located about a block from your house. Would you want the drug- crazed addicts that go to buy their daily dosage of heroin hanging around your house and/or your children?"

and

"We should not do away with the drug laws just because of the amount of money that the government spends on enforcing them. It is completely worth spending money if we can save lives and reduce the number of babies born to addicted mothers"

I do question whether "El Chapo" will ever be arrested again since he is obviously hiding in plain sight, as the expression goes, and the Robin Hood type scenario of robbing from the rich and giving to the poor is obviously working for him, at least to date. This same type of strategy also worked for "Bonnie and Clyde", who although obviously the bad guys for robbing numerous banks, and killing numerous people, became quite famous and into a bizarre folk hero status with the public, before they were eventually ambushed and killed by law enforcement.

Chapo, is also known for his policy in dealing with politicians and law enforcement by offering them either "a bribe or a bullet", which is probably why he has not been captured to date, based upon that reputation alone.

Where is "Dog" Chapman when you need him?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
if its not drugs then it'll just be something else..

Last year the Mexican national oil company reported thousands of illegal taps in their pipelines... seems the cartels are filling up tanker trucks with black gold and driving it up to the refiners in Texas where they sell it for pennies on the dollar...

we all know about the huge human trafficking problem here... estimates run from from 12 million to 20 million... a lot of these folks paid between $200 and $2,000 to get here... that's a lot of money right there.. take drugs out of the equation and they will just find another way to make money...

PS:
"El Chapo" is rarely in Mexico, he was last seen at his huge beach estate in Honduras, he's got places like that all over south and central America... that's what being a billionaire is all about right?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Thanks DaddyBare! That is the first time I have heard that regarding the oil taps and resale in Texas.

Yes it makes sense that a billionaire would have homes in many locations.

]

[edit on 3-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
That is a good thing.

If the Mexicans have more money, they don't need to come here, right?

top topics

join