Cat tries to "revive" her friend

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Heartwrenching stuff

That cat was trying to massage the dead cats heart.
Unreal

Eyeopener to the animal world.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsAgentScully

I had a older male cat that tried to eat my kitten .. he also ate my gerbil .. but we never thought he'd try to eat another cat -- apparently, male cats don't like kittens.

But I do agree, cats (and dogs, birds etc) are very sentient.. they may not be at our "intelligence" level, but they sure as hell have personalities. Even right now my cat is looking at me like I'm a moron for using the laptop next to the side of the couch he conquered. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, I do believe my cat thinks I am his pet. He has me well trained even, feed him three times a day (hes obese) clean his litter box, I fetch his toys when he hides em, and ye... I can't get him to do a damn thing but sit there..

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by vesta
reply to post by jox1234

This was even more horrid to watch, a dog in the middle of the road trying to revive its friend.............and then the humans just look and wander off!! Animals have hearts. OMG I am becoming my Mother!!

[edit on 2-5-2010 by vesta]

We are the worst most heartless inhabitants of this earth.

I once saw something similar about 10 years ago. The only difference was that it was with blue tongue lizards. One was run over by a car, and its mate lay next to the body for hours, becoming aggresive at anyone that approached

Thanks for this OP, truly beautiful event S & F

[edit on 3/5/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
another one bites the dust....

[edit on 3-5-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
WTF ever dude, cats do that to people who are alive, it's not instinct to do CPR like it is to hunt and gather or take care of your young. Yeah I see animals doing CPR all the time, they must have this underground school and are smarter then us humans think! Wow, some people amaze me, but you can look at it however you want!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx
haha this is funny.... sorry to all, but I despise these creatures!!! amen to the driver!

Great, you just proved my point

Hope nobody cries over you if you get hit by a car....you're not worth shedding a tear for

[edit on 3/5/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I wish to say that I am a cat lover as well.....

(Just lost my cat of 14 years, been two years ago now...)

(I said 'just lost', but even after two years, the pain is still there...hmmmm.)

However....not to rain on anyone's parade (and forgive if this has been mentioned, as I haven't read all pages of thread)....

The 'kneading' instinct is quite common. As an instinctive response, even if it originates as infantile (the kittens will 'knead' their mother's breasts to stimulate milk flow) I don't think it is appropriate to anthorpormophize this behavior.

It is hard to conceive of the cat's ability to be conscious of his/her actions, in regards to attempting to rescuscitate the dead cat.

Heart-warming, yes.

AND, I am not heartless. I see the short video, and appreciate its meaning, but ONLY in the context of how WE, as HUMANS, interpret it. It is best viewed as an analogy, of sorts.

A 'commentary' on today, if you will.

Take that as you see fit.

(SPAY and NEUTER your pets, please!)

[edit on 3 May 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
some people say that animals are more morally evolved than humans

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

So cats actually manage to couple with their blankets and actually ejaculate? I doubt it.
Cats do not ovulate 24/7 365/365, that's what I was referring to.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Bigfoot73]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This reminds me of stories you hear about animals giving up on life after their partner, or friend, dies. It really makes you wonder about how aware some animals are.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Omg cats are cute I love cats

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Some may THINK the cat is trying to 'hump' the dead cat, but it isn't. That kneading behavior covers 3 emotion types.

This cat isn't trying to massage the other cats heart though--The cat is simply worried, and confused. Trying to get the dead cat to respond.. to move and be ok. It was trying all kinds of things to get a response from it.

I remember when I was real little, and when I would cry, my cat would always run over to me and nudge my face, and lick my face and begin purring real loudly. This behavior only happened when I was sad and cried. I even faked it and he repeated it.

Then he'd sit next to my face, facing me. He was telling me 'it's ok, be happy again'. This cat and I were bonded for 18 years..

When he died, a part of me did also.

Those posters that think that cat is in 'heat' are just wrong. Cat's in heat will bite on the upper back of the female. This cat didn't do that. Hell, the cat tried to lick (heal) the dead cat by licking his mouth!

To Animals, licking isn't just about cleaning. It's used for affection, and healing wounds. It's genetic. They just know that...

Those that are not animal lovers, and those that haven't spent a lot of time with a pet, and become bonded will never know about them, and how smart, and emotional they are.

[edit on 5/3/2010 by Pharyax]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot73

I don't know if they actually ejaculate ( I don't research that far
), but I theorize that they do NOT. However they try their best, and usually end up stopping because they get tired from trying.

Also, I was referring to all cat's in the world. Not a single cat's natural cycle. I don't know why you would even mention that without knowing anything about the cats in the video.

I think most of you need to watch the full video.... at 0:50 to 0:53 seconds the cat actually does hump the dead cat, and the genitals were touching. It's almost too obvious, I can't believe I am even discussing this right now.

I am NOT talking about the kneading... that is common for different behaviors. I am talking about the ACTUAL HUMPING IN THE VIDEO THAT YOU PEOPLE SEEM TO IGNORE.

Watch again..

From 0:50 to 0:54.... actual humping..

Oh don't forget to note from 2:32 to the end of the video where the cat is NOT licking, but BITING the cat in the neck, and holding it, which is a common mating position for cats.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

haha this is funny.... sorry to all, but I despise these creatures!!! amen to the driver!

Maybe one day YOU will be hurt really bad. And maybe people will simply ignore you. You are ignorant, and deserve nothing but contempt.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ong Bak
while i agree with most of everything said so far in this thread, jsut real quick can i get a show of hand from all of you.
who here eats meat?
jsut curious.....

Odd choice of questions considering cats are pure carnivores. Being raised on Farms and Ranches, I've watched cats make many brutal kills. I still remember watching one eat an entire Cottontail leaving only the feet and head. It was alive when the cat ate the first part of it.

Using peoples natural diet as a weapon against them because you eat an unnatural diet is very odd also. Denying your own species I mean. What other animal does that? Only humans are that bizarre.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Ya know. My best friends growing up were from a family with 10 kids who lived on the Farm next door. Their Father was a sadistic man who tried to hit as many cats as he could. He beat his children. Beat his Wife. Cheated on his Wife. Pretended to be a good person every Sunday. Those behaviors do seem to combine in some people.

They say nearly all Mass-Murderers have the trait of hatred of animals in common, along with doing things like running down cats with cars and torturing animals.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Very nice thread, it's nice to see that so many can empathize with animals. It's defintely true, they have emotions. I just wish I could learn to "speak" with my cat and find out some more...

Speaking of that, he has shown me emotions because when we lost our adopted kitten that my cat Nicky was like a father to, he was distressed for days on end.

And also, I found out about his care for me when I laid on the floor in my living room, motionless and holding my breath, and he came over and started meowing, pawing at me and nudging me trying to get me up. It was so sweet!

NEXUS

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I wonder what it is about animals that makes us feel so emotional when seeing stories like this. The power of the despair and hopelessness of the animal trying to help the one in trouble strikes an emotional chord that is not triggered in the same way when we see humans in similar circumstances.

Maybe it's because we assume the animals we see do not understand the gravity of the situation and therefore feel a deeper sympathy for them.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I don`t think the cat was specifically trying to revive her either, it was the title and that`s why I used " ", but in my opinion, she`s definitely showing emotions and not trying to mate her.
I saw many times when my cat was mating with a male cat and as we know, the whole act was sort of aggressive, hitting, chasing and all that stuff. They never cuddle after that.
Should I change the title to "cat showing emotion to dead friend" ?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
This is pretty amazing!
There are 2 people in my immediate family that are both veterinarians, and having grown up around lots of animals, I have seen lots of evidence that cats and dogs have special things about them that still escapes most scientists and other professionals, in fact many animals, not just dogs and cats have capacities for all kinds of strange things, and a lot of times there isn't any mainstream explanation, as most "experts" won't accept that animals have the intelligence to do things like this. But the animals don't know they aren't supposed to be that smart so they just do it anyways

There was a farmer a few years back that had a pet steer or cow, and this cow followed the farmer everywhere around the farm like a dog would, (which is probably really rare for cows to do), and when this farmer passed away, a few days later they found the cow standing right at the grave of where the farmer was laid to rest, and the cemetery was miles away from the farm. It made the news and I remember this story well, but I was unable to locate this story again using search engines, maybe someone will be able to find it

This made people freak out a bit at the time since there was no rational explanation as to how the cow knew where to go to see his friend the farmer... I think it proves that love can just about do anything, no matter who or what has it!

Cheers

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join