It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat tries to "revive" her friend

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

wow, thats an amazing video, but did you notice the irony how the dog saved that guy, but after the guy got away everybody just stopped and watched the dog getting hit by the bull.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
What do I have to say about animals? That upset me more than if they were two humans (exception children)

I will never watch anything like that again, just too much for me.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Wash, I know what you mean..........
But without people posting things like this we would never know, unless we as a professional studied animals.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
That clip is very sad but does not surprise me. I do feel many animals, display unique personalities based on the animal type, and the indidual animal. Since I was 5yrs old and we got our first cat, I've always felt a very strong emotional bond with them. Like if their upset, so am I. I have that sense of identification with several animal types (including ducks we had when I was 10), but oddly not dogs. IMO, I've noticed women seem more likely to have a strong emotional bond with horse's, and men with dogs, more or less. I know they appear to display empathy, which may have a connection with terrortorial behaviour. Pets seem to have a feeling of "ownership" over their owners.

An example, about 8yrs ago I had a sciezure while some one was working on the plumbing. When the workman showed up my cat did what he always did when a stranger showed up. He vanished. The plumber called 911. Later I was told what happend. First to show up were the cops. My cat parked next to my head. My VERY timid 7lb cat held 3 cops (and the plumber) at bay for a couple minutes untill EMS arrived. One of the paramedics said he had a cat and could handle mine. He spoke to, (not at) him, and was able to pick him up and lock him in a bedroom. Later I heard EMS people see this a lot with dogs, but also sometimes with cats. But it surprised the hell out of me.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by vesta

Wash, I know what you mean..........
But without people posting things like this we would never know, unless we as a professional studied animals.

I agree, I am grateful it is out there for people see. I hope it can bring more compassion and understanding towards animals.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jox1234

Believe me, the irony was not over my head. Did you see the one guy clapping? I hope he was congratulating the dog for his heroic efforts, not excited about the fight itself.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
while i agree with most of everything said so far in this thread, jsut real quick can i get a show of hand from all of you.
who here eats meat?
jsut curious.....

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

In the original bull fights, the ones done since Roman times, dogs were usually used against bulls, and according to what they say in the video, the dog was a bull terrier.

Also, the fact that the man was saved by the dog doesn't mean that the dog wanted to save the man, at the beginning of the video we can see that the dog comes from the top right of the screen, running to the improvised arena; he probably wanted to fight the bull.

PS: I wouldn't call that a bull, it looks too young to be considered a real bull.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ong Bak

I do, so here is my hand.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Oh My! Take this video down!

You guys.... I hate to kill the topic, but that cat wasn't trying to revive the other cat... it was in heat and humping the dead cat!

My male cat does this all the time on his favorite sleeping blanket. He will put part of the blanket in his mouth and start "kneading" with his paws while his hind legs and rear end are "spazzing" out, almost twitching, and it's back is arched over... Like dry humping a blanket...

If you watch the video, you can see the cat's hind legs and rear end are "spazzing out" a little, and getting into the dogie style position. This cat is definitely in heat, and humping a dead cat! SICK!

Although I understand how this would be a cool video if the cat was actually trying to do something other than hump the other cat, but really.... whoever made this video doesn't know a whole lot about cats.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ong Bak

Why?

I eat meat and cannot ever live without it, I do not eat fruit or veg ( well carrots only if they are slightly hard)

Jezzz my R is not working on my laptop...............

[edit on 2-5-2010 by vesta]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsAgentScully

Yeah. We humans like to think we're some divine gift to the Earth. We think animals are dumb and that intelligence just kind of appeared in us and nothing else. Really evolution has been working on emotion and consciousness for billions of years. Animals really are far smarter, and far more like us, than we give them credit for.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I second that - There was an artical in the paper sometime ago saying that a dog has a small memory - Yet if I say walkies, got to go, treat, away, naughty, good girl, bed, cuddle, sit, etc., after 5 years she still understands

Boffins just invent to make us idiots

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
That was a very moving and heartwrenching video which also had me in tears. I didn't want to watch but I forced myself just to pay tribute to that brave little feline and his/her companion.

Cats have been a part of my life for 60 odd years now and I have experienced similar behavior many times.
When my beloved white Persian, Pushkah, died of old age many years ago, his Tonkinese companion, Kimba (much younger), pined for days. He moped and didn't eat and kept curling up to sleep on the spot where Pushkah was buried, crying and mewling. I took him to the vet on the second day and he said he was grieving and would be okay, just give him time and not to worry about him not eating but make sure he drank fluids. He was otherwise healthy so I just dropper fed him water and after about a week he began to rally.

Q, my current companion Tonkinese is 16 years old and according to my sons, he pines and wails like a banshee when I'm not home despite that he's fed by them and made a fuss of when I'm absent. He roams around the house looking for me and is constantly restless. Twice I've been on an extended holiday and my sons say they know exactly when I'll be home because Q will perch himself at the door and I'll be walking through within 10 minutes to half an hour. He'll make a big fuss and show of affection then huffs off and avoids me for hours, sulking. lol

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

You're ignorant, cat's don't "snuggle" after attempting to hump another cat.

2nd line.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Revolution-2012]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I agree i was wondering why someone put a video of a cat humping another dead cat to music... I do like the song though anyone know what it is?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Very cool. I've also heard animals can detect earthquakes like a sixth sense they have.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by conspiracydude]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
That's indeed a really sad sight...and to the two posters above...how dumb can you be? Animals are concious and (most likely way) more wise then humans for that matter...

Now were talking about conciousness and empathy...see this clip: (warning it might be a tiny bit disturbing for some to watch, but if you dont believe in empathy and intelligence in animals and put humans above animals, then you just have to teach youself with this) here where this dog is litteraly heartbroken that his owner is not alive and refuses to leave his side ...at the end notice, when some blunt jerk is not concious of the distress (what are they doing with my friend?) and worry of the dog...its really sad to see more empathy in animals then in human sometimes...

clip: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2-5-2010 by ElisahumanE]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You know, when I was around 10 years old, I had noticed two Blue Jays flying outside of my window. Like any young boy of my age, I was hell bent on destruction and if I didn't want to h*mp something, I wanted to kill it. Anyway, I aimed my brother's Benjamin pellet gun out of the windowed and fired, dropping one of the Blue Jays from the street light below. The bird that happened to be flying with the other who just met his fate at the hands of such a disturbed preteen, immediately dropped down to the dead bird and started to chirp in what sounded to me like a sad song of sorrow. Anyway, this bird wound up not leaving the dead one for almost an entire day and night, the whole time chirping a distress tune as if its life had just been turned upside down by the loss of a companion. In fact, the bird only left when guilt finally forced me to give the deceased a proper bird burial. These two birds were obviously life-long companions or at the very least, best friends. Since that day, I have always had a big respect for the lives of Animals. I have never taken another kill for granted and the whole experience moved me, a 10 year old mischievous little boy at the time. Animals would seem that they are capable of love and possibly some other emotions that we only relate to humans. I'm certainly not proud of what I did back then but I was completely impressed at the apparent emotion shown by the surviving bird.

Good post, by the way!

--airspoon

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Ong Bak

I do, so here is my hand.

so you have witnessed animals displaying emotion and intelligence, and in the very same conversation freely admit they are a reasonable source of food for you?
do you not care or not understand? i mean, i assume since your on a computer using the internet, that you arent living in a cave, or having to hunt to survive. why continue to eat animals that suffer a fate similar to the ones in the videos?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join