It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat tries to "revive" her friend

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I think that the cat wasn't trying to revive the other cat, just trying to make it react.

I also think that the instinct took over and he ended up trying to mate the dead cat, but looking at the cat's "face" at the beginning of the video I don't think that was his intention at that time.

As previously said by some members, we should stop interpreting other animals actions and reactions from a human point of view, we aren't even capable of interpreting other people's actions, how can we fully understand what's in a cat or dog mind?

PS: I only watched the whole video now, that's why I didn't commented more before.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If I know cats it was probably looking for the fallen cats wallet

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

Originally posted by the.lights
This video brought a tear to my eye. It's profoundly moving.

My pet cat when I was growing up exhibited behaviours of deep emotion and sensitivity. She would kiss me on the nose with her nose when asked for a kiss, she would wait for me everyday outside the house at the same time and run out to greet me, an so on...

Anyone who believes this is something else is clearly in denial at what they are watching.

A nose to nose rub is not a kiss, she is marking you. Would she follow her "kiss" with a rub across her cheek, you know, where her scent glands are?

She waited for you outside because you are both park of her pack and a provider of food.

You are projecting human emotion in really common animal traits. I'm not the one in denial.

Excuse me?

Who are you to tell me about the emotional behaviours of my pets being a projection of human emotions? For your information, my cat did not rub across her cheek after kissing. She automatically understood when I said 'kiss' to come and peck me on the nose. My six month old puppy does the exact same thing. And he is able to show sorrow through his eyes when physically sick or after being told off for being naughty and also shows excitement through his eyes when being tickled at play time.

You can try to boil down what you see your world view of animals as being cold, hard, scientific facts or you can open your eyes to understanding animal behaviour and emotion as complex as our own. To think otherwise is extremely arrogant and dismissive.

For the record, most cat and dog owners will strongly disagree with your view point...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by the.lights

Who am I to tell you? I'm simply the person informing you what you are actually witnessing. If you desire to live in a fantasy land where animals come to you while singing and frolicking like a bad Disney cartoon, be my guest. This delusion doesn't hurt me any. While your at it feel free to believe that fairies tuck you in at night and the gnomes make sure no evil spirits destroy your garden. I could quite frankly care less about what incorrect assumptions you have on very animals you harbor in your household.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
A lot of cats do that for some reason. My cat did that to me all the time, we called it "making biscuits" because it looks like a baker kneading dough, which just goes to show you how easy it is for humans to misrepresent something based on their own subjective views. My family and I always saw my most super-awesome cat Elmo "making biscuits." Show the same motion with a cat and his ,ehem, "friend" with some sad music played in the background and all of a sudden everyone sees CPR." It is sad sure, but nothing extraordinary.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ong Bak

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Ong Bak

I do, so here is my hand.

so you have witnessed animals displaying emotion and intelligence, and in the very same conversation freely admit they are a reasonable source of food for you?
do you not care or not understand? i mean, i assume since your on a computer using the internet, that you arent living in a cave, or having to hunt to survive. why continue to eat animals that suffer a fate similar to the ones in the videos?

I like animals, I like meat. I have dogs, cats, a ferret, and I have cows, I eat cows, fish, birds, and other sources of meat, doesn't mean I don't respect and love animals. I love the taste of meat, some don't, doesn't mean they are more in touch, "awakened", or somehow a better human than I. What it means is I'm just way better of a predator than those who don't eat meat, you don't see herbivores at the top of the food chain for a reason, If all humans were herbivores we wouldn't be where we are today.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Animals of course exhibit emotions. When I was younger I used to walk up behind the cat at my parents house, and stomp my foot, and the cat would leap about 3 feet into the air obviously showing fear. Every time a storm comes my dog doesn't leave my feet, obviously afraid of the thunder. I throw a toy and my dog runs after it barking, and if I am through playing and he still wants to, he will set the toy in my lap and rest his head on my leg, the whole time watching my eyes, obvious signs he is having fun, otherwise why would he do it? My other dog, when in trouble for something will try to lash out at other animals, only until it cools down, showing signs of anger, or when I take his toy and hide it from him, he increasingly becomes frustrated. I think emotions are very primitive, and emotions are what leads to more complex means of communication, like spoken language.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Beast Of Gevaudan

You act as though we possess emotions above primitive needs. Our entire essence is driven by primal urges and the laws of nature. Cats and dogs do possess the ability to "love" and feel "emotion," not because they are so much more intelligent than we think, but because those emotion are actually very primitive.

A cat being affectionate isn't sign of intelligence because it's not a sign of intelligence in humans either.

You're missing the point. There's more to a cat's behaviour than simply signs of affection. As I pointed out in my previous post they have an ability to interact with and communicate with their owners that is more than primitive behaviour.

You're generalising by relying on these scientific studies. They don't take into account all the examples shown in this thread.

To use an analogy, if a study were done on the behaviour of humans and concluded that we're all meat eaters, mate with the opposite sex, display "primitive" emotions of love, sadness, happiness etc, do you think it's fair to assume such findings represent the behavioural patterns of every human being on the planet? You're relying too heavily on these studies and assuming that every cat is the same. I think you underestimate the abilities of these animals.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
That was so sad.. I have 2 cats that are so close and I agree that they have emotions, though my husband will disagree, when you spend a lot of time with a cat or dog you can see that they have different feelings and personalities. I ♥ my kitties!!!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

Very nice explanation
I like it how you put it.
I don`t think anybody knows the entire truth on this planet, there`s so much more waiting to be discovered and explained.
(P.S. I love the avatar
)

[edit on 4/5/10 by sandri_90]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

LOL the car is still on the cats tail while they where filming it thats classic!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlightOfTheNavigator

LOL the car is still on the cats tail while they where filming it thats classic!

Idiot. How about we park a car on your foot and see how amusing you find it.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
A friend of mine sent me this video today. I got half way through it and had to turn it off. Thanks a lot
As a cat lover this just brought me down for hours. Although I am glad it shows the world how animals DO have feelings and empathy towards each other (idiots!), I really wish I wouldn't have seen that.

I lost my soul mate "Timmy", my big 17 year old maine coon about three years ago from cancer, and I am still struggling with deep depression over the loss. Yes, I have a full life that involves others, but I don't think I will ever feel that kind of bond with anyone or anything again.

So many stories about Tim - he seemed more like a little human. He was always wary of other people and would leave the room when strangers were over, but I remember the time I came home, and the landlord of my apartment at the time, came up to me with this huge, perplexed smile on his face. I had given him permission to come into my place (actually my bedroom) while I was at work. He said he had never seen a cat do anything like what Tim did that day: when he came in, alone, Timmy came up to him snarling and growling, and blocked the door of (our) bedroom and wouldn't let him pass. He kept swiping at him, and hissing. Way to go, Timmy! He also alerted me to a burglar that was next door once. He knew the guy was doing something he wasn't suppose to.

I love you Timmy....so much.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beast Of Gevaudan

Idiot. How about we park a car on your foot and see how amusing you find it.

Pretty amused since I would still be alive! (unlike the victim in the video)

[edit on 4-5-2010 by FlightOfTheNavigator]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by VintageEnvy

Had to star you as well as S&F the OP.

I was going to reply to the OP until I saw your post - I would have said exactly what you said, practically verbatum.

I much prefer animals to people; what you see is what you get, trustworthy and loyal - unlike humans.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by noonebutme]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

reply to post by the.lights

Who am I to tell you? I'm simply the person informing you what you are actually witnessing. If you desire to live in a fantasy land where animals come to you while singing and frolicking like a bad Disney cartoon, be my guest. This delusion doesn't hurt me any. While your at it feel free to believe that fairies tuck you in at night and the gnomes make sure no evil spirits destroy your garden. I could quite frankly care less about what incorrect assumptions you have on very animals you harbor in your household.

You've just blown your argument right out of the water with your petty jibes and infantile digs. I'm way above trading insults with your kind of personality type.

It's people like you and your kind of arrogance towards animals, and assumption that only humans have any higher form of intelligence, emotions or behaviours, that defies belief.

For the record, I have nine years worth of memories of joy, happiness, laughter and love all thanks to my pet cat and six months of the same so far from my pet puppy - real, tangible and demonstrative evidence of highly complex emotions, love and thought processes. That's all the proof or validation I need - not the highly assumptive, opinionated ramblings of some nameless, faceless internet account.

You are the one who is deluded.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Pretty amused since I would still be alive! (unlike the victim in the video)

I'm pretty sure he meant after running you over

As a cat I couldn't watch this. Of course we have emotions.

[edit on 4/5/10 by GobbledokTChipeater]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
sucks dude..

we owned two awesum cat's for 10 years then my father sold them both for no apparent reason other than money problems.

that #ing sucked, still miss them and it's been another year away from home at university. Never even got to say bye..

videos like this make me insta-cry, i don't know what my problem is, i loved those cat's so much..

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Kill them all.

-.-

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This was so sad. I love cats so, so much. I had to give mine up years ago due to allergies. I had grown up with them and had them all my life, never knowing I was allergic. My first I had to put to sleep due to inoperable lung tumors.

Seeing a dead cat just destroys me. It's even sadder because I recognize that the other (living) cat's behavior is very likely psychologically motivated. Cats can sense and smell death. Typically they hiss and avoid those signs. This is just so pitiful and sad because it's like he's in denial.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join