Cat tries to "revive" her friend

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+50 more 
posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I saw this video today on news and I wanted to share it with you.
The video shows a cat in Turkey that mourns her friend who has been hit by a car. She does the thing with her paws like the kittens do when they feed on their mothers` milk (I forgot how it`s called) and then she lays down close to her.
She stayed like that for two hours, until a vet came and took the body of her dead friend.

www.antena3.ro...

I`ll try to find the english version as well.

[edit on 2/5/10 by sandri_90]

This is all I could find:

www.pieheaven.net...

news.gather.com...

+24 more 
posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sandri_90

I love cats, its bittersweet. When our older cat died the young one didn't quite understand what was going on and looked in every spot in the house and slept by the door waiting for her to come back. When he realized she wasn't coming home he sat and cried(vocally in the way cats do) for hours. It broke my heart to see it but it showed how close they were in their friendship and our older cat acted like a mother to him since he was very young when we brought him home. If anyone thinks we are the only conscious beings on this earth, they are wrong.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by ItsAgentScully]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by ItsAgentScully

You`re absolutely right! I have a cat myself and that video broke my heart.
She is right next to me and I immediately gave her a big hug and kissed her!

And thank you, Clay, for embedding the video

+20 more 
link   
I can't watch the video. I like animals more then people which is sad but I do. I don't understand how anyone could ever hurt them. Im more of a dog person myself but its glaringly obvious that these little guys have a vast array of emotions and feelings. They have personalities and I adore them.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by VintageEnvy]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Can't look at it because I don't want my heart strings plucked right now after losing my cat, but it doesn't surprise me.

I once saw a rat dragging the dead body of another rat down an alley and was so committed it wouldn't run away even when I walked right up to it.

It retrospect though...it was probably going to eat it.

- Lee

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Cats are amazing creatures.

I knew cats surround one of them if his sick (and they do that to people too, when my sister was born the doctor wasn't sure if she would survive, and while she was on recovering my mother's cat never leaved the side of her bed), but I have never seen anything like this.

Animals like cats and dogs are much closer to us than most people think, we just don't see them in the same situations as we have to face. Some years ago I saw a dead dog, probably hit by a car, that someone put close to wall. Another dog was going up the street, and when he saw the other dog he approached it, naturally. When he saw that the other dog was dead he immediately put his tail between his legs and started running in the same direction he was going, always looking behind and to every side as if fearing that what had killed the other dog could catch him.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Heartbreaking
I love kitties so much! Can't imagine what was going through this cats mind as it saw it's friend just lying there, not moving.

And the what the cat was doing with it's paws that you couldn't recall is called 'kneading'. My cats do this all the time when I pet them while purring like crazy.

I'm going to use this for my expository essay for school in which I am trying to show the evidence that animals have emotions. This will be great for the observational evidence portion of it.

edit to add: I just watched the last part of the video in which the cat is doing more than just kneading it's fallen friend. I've never seen anything like this before. He's biting it's neck, kneading it with the fron AND back paws (something I have never seen any cat I have ever had do), and standing on top of the body for a fairly long amount of time. And then it just lays down next to it for a while. This is mind boggling to me.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by nunya13]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

"Kneading"! Thank you so much.
My cat does that even in the weirdest places

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
here is a similar video where a dog tries to help his friend that got hit by a car
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jox1234

Wow this one is quite saddening as well, especially at one point in which the Dog seems to look out to the on-lookers as if s/he is asking for help. Seeing all of these animals makes me long for my dog again...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I was so moved how the cat would not give up on the dead cat...actually shed a tear - I am sure they bond just as we do with people

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Yeah.. I cried.

So sad. Animals DO have emotions just like us. My cat sighs sometimes if he's 'over' someone messing with him..

amazing video, even if its so very sad.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Elephants also show grief, especially when they come across elephant bones, they stay for hours picking up bones and looking at them, then placing them back on the ground, not dropping, placing.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jox1234

This was even more horrid to watch, a dog in the middle of the road trying to revive its friend.............and then the humans just look and wander off!! Animals have hearts. OMG I am becoming my Mother!!

[edit on 2-5-2010 by vesta]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I think thay may have been one of her kittens, it looks like a smaller younger cat and perhaps thats why she was so upset.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

Yes, there have been experiments done in which bones from several species are placed near elephants and they always are more interested in the elephant bones.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

I watched something similar to that on animal planet too.
And I also read a book about animals and the wonderful things they do. True stories about how they impress their human companions, the relationship between them, funny stories or sad ones, being rescuers or healers etc. That book really helped go through my most boring classes in highschool!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jox1234

I can't believe all the people just standing there watching. I don't understand. I really don't.

I saw on the same page a video entitled "dog stops bull from killing man" in the right side column that shows related videos. This dog purposefully puts itself in harms way in order to help a human and really puts up a fight against the bull who, needless to say, is many, many, many times bigger than it was.

edit: I gave the video an incorrect title in the body of my text

[edit on 2-5-2010 by nunya13]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamherefornow

Maybe. But when I had Ben, a cat who was stolen from me, Betty (my current cat) kept looking and crying for him days after that. And my dog as well.
At the end, it doesn`t matter if it`s family or friends, the bond/love is still there!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join