It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 40 baby medicines recalled by US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Just seen this

news.sky.co m...

countries affected are US, Canada, Dominican republic, Dubai, Fiji, Guam, Guatemala, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago and Kuwait.

Check your kids medicines now people

Peace

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Myrddin Wyllt]

MOD EDIT: Edited to fix link.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by TheBorg]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Link does not work.

Also, please copy and paste (and put within the EX tags) a portion of the article.

Thanks

Over 40 medicines recalled by US.....article here.

Warning As Baby Medicines Are Recalled
5:20pm UK, Sunday May 02, 2010
Alex Watts, Sky News Online

More than 40 baby and child medicines are being recalled after US officials identified "manufacturing deficiencies" at one of Johnson & Johnson's plants The recall affects hundreds of thousands of products - including liquid versions of Tylenol, Motrin, Zyrtec and Benadryl - in homes and stores across America.

The over-the-counter medicines have also been exported to nine other countries - Canada, the Dominican Republic, Dubai, Fiji, Guam, Guatemala, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, and Kuwait.

America's Food and Drug Administration has told parents to stop using the 43 affected products made by Johnson division McNeil Consumer Healthcare, but said the potential for serious health problems was "remote".

Recall Information website here.

[edit on May 2nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Link does not work.

Also, please copy and paste (and put within the EX tags) a portion of the article.

Thanks

Over 40 medicines recalled by US.....article here.

Warning As Baby Medicines Are Recalled
5:20pm UK, Sunday May 02, 2010
Alex Watts, Sky News Online

More than 40 baby and child medicines are being recalled after US officials identified "manufacturing deficiencies" at one of Johnson & Johnson's plants The recall affects hundreds of thousands of products - including liquid versions of Tylenol, Motrin, Zyrtec and Benadryl - in homes and stores across America.

The over-the-counter medicines have also been exported to nine other countries - Canada, the Dominican Republic, Dubai, Fiji, Guam, Guatemala, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, and Kuwait.

America's Food and Drug Administration has told parents to stop using the 43 affected products made by Johnson division McNeil Consumer Healthcare, but said the potential for serious health problems was "remote".

[edit on May 2nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

HI, Thanks, the link works when I preview the post, but does not work when I actually post..... weird...

thanks again

peace

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
wow, I bet that's gonna drive the stock
to rock bottom. Not to mention the
negative impact on their balance sheets
and profits.

One thing I didn't see was the prospect
of any law suits from children being harmed.
So as of this article i see no physical damage
to children. However, that doesn't
mean they wont exist in the future.

nice find

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Im bumping this because I feel this is very important. I havent seen this news anywhere but here!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I will copy my comments from the other thread:::

I always used to tell everyone "Hey I wont take any Pharmaceutical drugs, except something like Tylenol which is obviously safe".

I guess I was wrong!

There is a Tylenol recall due to contamination right now!
money.cnn.com...

The Food and Drug Administration confirmed Wednesday that the bacteria found at the Johnson & Johnson plant that produced the recalled children's medicines was Burkholderia cepacia, a bacteria often resistant to common antibiotics.

What is Burkholderia cepacia ??

en.wikipedia.org...

B.cepacia was discovered by Walter Burkholder in 1949 as the culprit of onion skin rot, and first described as a human pathogen in the 1950s.[10] In the 1980s, it was first recognized in individuals with cystic fibrosis,and outbreaks were associated with a 35% death rate. Burkholderia cepacia has a large genome, containing twice the amount of genetic material as E. coli.

B. cepacia is an important human pathogen which most often causes pneumonia in immunocompromised individuals with underlying lung disease (such as cystic fibrosis or chronic granulomatous disease).

Scary stuff seriously.

A Recall means they actually let this contaminated stuff slip through and get into distribution.

A total failure of our medical system! We need to clamp down on these Pharmaceutical Corporations and start demanding accountability!

What happened to inspections and checking your drugs before you release them?? Oh yeah that costs too much, just ship it out anyways we need more profits!

[edit on 6-5-2010 by muzzleflash]

[edit on 6-5-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Tylenol has always been 'dangerous' just by itself.
much more so than coffee or cannabis..

what's more dangerous..
is the people making/supplying it.
[edit on 5-5-2010 by Ahmose]

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Source
The company said that although the bacteria was found on some drums used by its vendor to transport the raw materials, those contaminated drums never reached the Fort-Washington, PA-plant that made the recalled drugs.

The drums never made it. In all likelihood none of the drugs they are voluntarily recalling are contaminated. They're just playing it safe.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Source
The company said that although the bacteria was found on some drums used by its vendor to transport the raw materials, those contaminated drums never reached the Fort-Washington, PA-plant that made the recalled drugs.

The drums never made it. In all likelihood none of the drugs they are voluntarily recalling are contaminated. They're just playing it safe.

Playing it safe as in, trying to escape any liability in case some people actually get sick and are harmed badly?

That is how they operate after all...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Playing it safe as in "Hey, we're probably over-reacting here since the drums never made it to the plant, but we're going to recall it anyway just in case we're wrong."

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This is not quite just about tylenol people its about the active ingredient in tylenol and several other over the counter meds.

tylenol & and anything else that contains its active ingredient is death absolute in a bottle folks and so is anything else that contains "acetaminophen" or "paracetamol" as it is known outside of the u.S.

acetaminophen causes "cirrhosis" of the liver as sure as the day is long and as sure as a balls-out power drinking alcoholic will get it and if you keep taking tylenol for hang-overs "even a moderate drinker" you will get cirrhossis even quicker!!! gee ? how many people would you think actually do that???

hmmm...

my mother is dead because of tylenol! she never drank enough in her life to fill one single bucket, but she took tylenol quite often.

her doctor admitted it to me thats what did it and i knew the second she told us before she admitted it. The medical field as a whole does not give two squats about you & i "only $$$>m-o-n-e-y

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to

Playing it safe as in "Hey, we're probably over-reacting here since the drums never made it to the plant, but we're going to recall it anyway just in case we're wrong."

You are only quoting Tylenol, look at the link at the start of this post
OVER 40 BABY MEDICINES RECALLED!

Quote from skynews link

"McNeil Consumer Healthcare has suspended operations at the plant .......

It said in a statement: "Some of the products included in the recall may contain a higher concentration of active ingredient than is specified; others contain inactive ingredients that may not meet internal testing requirements; and others may contain tiny particles."

It said the problems may affect "purity, potency or quality"."

I don't know about you, but "may contain a higher concentration of active ingredient", to me means MAY CAUSE YOU SERIOUS HARM OR DEATH!

This is a real situation and playing it down as a bit of mold on a few drums is way off the mark, there are over 40 different baby medicines being recalled for all sorts of reasons!

Reasons to be concerned enough for the drug company to recall them, to me, again, must be pretty serious!

I really hope nobody gets hurt.

Peace
I

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Myrddin Wyllt]

new topics

top topics

join