It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there evil psychics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Is there a such thing as an evil psychic? What if they had about a few million of them archive most of the secrets a population has or steal ideas from competitors in the marketplace? Can you use an evil psychic to help locate/triangulate a person for an assasination attempt?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think what ever you can do with this stuff the governments already know how far it can be taken.

There may be people in this world with very weird abilities, that most do not harness anyway.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Many shamans in different cultures speak of psychic attacks from enemies. Others talk of maleovlent hexes like the "evil eye" and so on...not sure to what extent these latter could be considered strictly psychic as you use the term, seemingly in terms of "mind reading" per se.

At any rate, humans are capable of both good and evil and any skill or technology can be and is routinely abused as well as used. I'm not convinced that psychic ability implies greater morality than any other skill or ability, so I would assume psychic gifts can be and are used malevolently.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Why do people assume all psychics are these all knowing all powerful beings that can do anything to anyone when they please.

In reality it's slightly more down to earth.

And of course there are psychics who are maybe not looking out for other peoples best intentions (of evil if you’d prefer to call them that) as they are normal people not Gods, so of course some are nicer than others and some are not so nice just like with other people we are force to live with.

Also using psychic ability is not like people assume, it isn't like you can click your thinkers and all of a sudden any information you please is yours.

Most of the time information is blurry and unhelpful and it's up to the psychic to determine what they are seeing and make sense of it.

They are Psychics Not Gods!.

edit to fix spelling.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I agree with RisingAgainst, its really not how people crack it up to be. But in response to the OPs question, I'm sure there are those who use "6th senses" for personal benefit and gain but that doesn't make them evil, just satisfying their human needs and ego.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
They are Psycics Not Gods!.

The people who get high up in secret societies would be called psychics, as they have to be to be even able to get through the degrees.

You are run by people who think they are gods, but they do not tell you this, they just have those societies where they practise who knows what.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Also I forgot to mention something about psychic attacks and thats surely everyone can commit a psychic attack by simply sending negativity towards another person.

You don’t need to be what you would consider psychic to achieve this in my opinion as I strongly believe we all possess some sort of ability and we all affect each other in ways we don’t even realize yet.

So just think before you try and think negatively about other people as it can have a bigger effect that you wish for.

All in my opinion of course.

Originally posted by andy1033
They are Psycics Not Gods!.

Oops please do ignore my hideous spelling!

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'm sure the remote-viewers' info to intel services were not only used to make humankind greater... So if the psychic isn't evil by himself, he can be coerced into it maybe?

And now, with ELF technologies, can't anybody be an evil psychic, sort of?

But I guess that for a psychic to truly be evil, he/she would have to let him/herself be possessed by something evil, thinking they would gain any true power... ( Be it a demon, an idea, a state of mind, etc. )

Aresh

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think the majority of them are evil as they prey on people that have recently lost loved ones, spouting garbage and raking in the cash. Not one psychic has proven beyond doubt they have real powers other than lies, observation skills and clever questioning techniques.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I defo think there are psychic evil attacks, and i suggest people google the Ronald regan building find out what language if alien or ancient ? WHAT TYPE OF letters it represents and the occult significance of the whole layout.
this is a clue to altered dimensional attacks, with a view to natural crop circle defence on natures behalf.i can not say more sorry.

new topics

join