It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Of All Gushers Could Kill Earth's Oceans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Media still ignoring this to some extent, 3rd news item on BBC not even mentioned on the uk yahoo home page but........lines for al jazeera.

something they dont want us to know ?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think they need to do what I suggested on page one. RizeorDie ,Its not going to cause an earthquake , no fault lines there and were not talking that big of an explosion here. Silcone Synapse , Without oxygen down there I do not believe theres a chance of igniting it.
However my guess is they will continue to mess around with robot subs trying to cap it so they can reopen it later. It must have cost half a billoin to build this well and they are not going to permanently seal it without a fight.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by bluemooone2]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I agree the oil is bad but theres not much man can do . Its thousands of feet under the gulf . And Its going to be interesting to see how they can plug the hole . Its like going back to mars but this time they using humans to send robotic men or stuff to plug a hole

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Anyone who uses oil is to blame for this .If you drive,consume ,buy,travel,eat,etc ,YOU are to blame .Go and live in a cave until the last drop is gone and then you can come out and start again.Not possible?What a mess we have created, not only this spill but the Whole friggen planet.

Agreed.
This is our mess...the short term is to try and clean it up, plug it, and move on...but what hopefully will come from this is a final serious movement towards alternative energy...time to get solar panels and wind tunnels along the highways and major roads in the nation and world...spend a ton of money in alternative fuel research, etc.

Write your congressman and demand no more oil minded future...its time to leave this dirty 100 year old technology.

+6 more 
posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Anyone else thinking that this car bomb is a distraction away from the oil crisis.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Self Replicating Nanomites will be deployed to clean up the oil. Only problem is, with and endless food source, the nanomites get out of control and pollute earths water. 911 stinks

Where did you hear that from?? Anything nanotech these days deserves a big double-take, it's so unregulated that even government good intentions can't control it. Let's look at an emergency that requires stops to be pulled like this one too - in alarmist fashion I will ask again, what is this about self-replicating nanobots?! Speculation's just fine, but do you base that on a report from somewhere?

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Northwarden]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

That's the Replicator from Stargate series... Small insects made of metal that replicate themself all the time with the mission the destroy every single human/biological life !

I really hope we haven't created this technology, even against the oil rig problem !

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Terviseks]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The oil patch doesn't want cheap, plentifui oil. If they could knock offshore rigs out of production it would make all the other oil deposits much more valuable and allow the oil companies to jack up gas prices.

This reminds me of the 1969 Santa Monica oil spill, when a rig 50 miles offshore had a blowout, and which ended up fouling 30 miles of SoCal beaches. That was the end of offshore oil drilling in California, despite massive proven reserves.

If the same thing happens in the Gulf of Mexico, you'll know the fix is in.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

So has anyone confirmed that this is what happened?

First, the BP platform was drilling for what they call deep oil. They go out where the ocean is about 5,000 feet deep and drill another 30,000 feet into the crust of the earth. This it right on the edge of what human technology can do. Well, this time they hit a pocket of oil at such high pressure that it burst all of their safety valves all the way up to the drilling rig and then caused the rig to explode and sink.

The way I read it was that some engineer who's not identified wrote this in an email to a blogger. Now, I could have missed something but last I heard no reasons had been given yet.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Anyone else thinking that this car bomb is a distraction away from the oil crisis.

No, given that all the right-wing hate speech of late was bound to incite some nut-jobs into pulling a stunt like this. I expect you'll be seeing a lot moire of this.

They predict this gusher will run for at least 3 or 4 months unchecked, so just think how bad this is going to get.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It will be out of BPs power to stop this, the Government will step in and they will use what will be called " a contolled detonation ", which will basically be a nuke. Which will have to be fired at great speed, to overcome the upward force of the Oil, they only know how to destroy things. Personally I think that this will be unstoppable and there is no point in talking about any form of clean-up operation untill the thing is completly stopped.

They will do whatever they like with it, as they can not justify doing nothing and they know that they will be expected to act. The sad thing about it all is that without water, and plenty of clean water, all life on Earth will be slowly destroyed. Well, slowly at first, then we will all be in a sorry state in no time.

Perhaps we have just witnessed the beginning of the end !

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Terviseks

Me too, but you know that they're already considering it. Von Neumann machines are one of the top ten ways that the world could be destroyed.

www.zyvex.com...

sooo...how about Montreal, are they going to win the cup?
Doesn't it seem so petty to think about the normal life we used to know and love?
I sympathize. It would be so nice to go back to an "ordinary world".

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Northwarden]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'm the one who published this story that was linked here by hawkye.

Per some input here at ATS, I've added this to the story opening: "In calculating the gallons required to kill the oceans, remember that oil goes to the surface, where life is concentrated."

I also added a reference regarding toxic concentrations of oil in water.

-- Sterling

[edit on 2-5-2010 by sterlingda]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Did North Korea Torpedo Oil Rig In US Gulf?

The destruction of a BP oil rig in the Gulf Coast has led to a lot of speculation and rumor-mongering on the Internet, focusing on the possibility that rogue Communist dictatorship North Korea was at fault.

A curious point leading people to think sabotage was at fault is the fact that US President Barack Obama has ordered SWAT teams to inspect all platforms and rigs:

I don't know what to make of this.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

No, given that all the right-wing hate speech of late was bound to incite some nut-jobs into pulling a stunt like this. I expect you'll be seeing a lot moire of this.

They predict this gusher will run for at least 3 or 4 months unchecked, so just think how bad this is going to get.

What about all of those left wing eco-Nazi nutjobs. Most likely they sabotaged this oil platform and then planted the car bomb in Times Square as a distraction. If the right wing made the bomb in Times Square t wouldnt have looked like the work of a 12 year old..in my most humble opinion.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

A curious point leading people to think sabotage was at fault is the fact that US President Barack Obama has ordered SWAT teams to inspect all platforms and rigs:

That was the prudent thing to do, given there was an explosion. Maybe it was someone smoking in the wrong place/time, or...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

Why would they have to use a nuke? Why not a Moab style payload? Already the worst eco disaster in history and to top it off we wan't to make it radio active...?

Geeze this is the rogue government we are talking about here so they will probably nuke it the friggen idiots ^%$#@@)... Sigh!

And people wonder why some folks talk about civil war...

[edit on 2-5-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
In the OP you quote a diameter of 5 Feet. Man that is got to be the biggest Drill String diameter in the world....

Love to see the pipes being used any photos would be great.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wobbly Anomaly

Originally posted by hawkiye

Wow just wow! This appears to be much worse then we thought.... I am just stunned. This is like of biblical apocalyptic proportions. It's been a while but I believe there is even some biblical prophecy that talks about all sea life dying etc. I am not trying to make this a religious post or anything as I am not religious, just saying. This looks really bad, really bad!

pesn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-5-2010 by hawkiye]

I'm not religious either but i do remember some prophecies about smoke rising from a bottomless pit and a third of the waters being effected.....i'm sure someone on here will fill us in.

It doesn't take being "religious" to recognize the signs of the Tribulation we are currently in.

However, these signs are meant as a wakeup call to those who recognize them. Father Yahweh is making His name known.

Revelation 8:9 "a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed."

This latest disaster is meant to be yet another nail in the economic coffin leading to global monetary collapse - which is yet another prophecy.

If you recognize the signs, I suggest you heed them. Search your heart because there are only 2 requirements for salvation and those are (1) An Acceptance of Christ as Lord and Savior. (2) A Good Heart Condition.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

What about all of those left wing eco-Nazi nutjobs. Most likely they sabotaged this oil platform and then planted the car bomb in Times Square as a distraction. If the right wing made the bomb in Times Square t wouldnt have looked like the work of a 12 year old..in my most humble opinion.

True, but left-wing eco-nuts tend to destroy machinery to protect the environment, not obliterate it, which is what this oil rig disaster is poised to do.

It's all speculation that it's even an act of sabotage on the oil rig anyhow, at this point in time, it's only known that it's an (epic) accident.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join