It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Of All Gushers Could Kill Earth's Oceans

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

OMG!
If your calculations are correct, my great( X10odd thousand or something) grandchildren will be able to witness the catastrophe.
And the cats and dogs, dikes 'n dresses and what not.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Wow this is just terrible! I really do not like reading any of this, this literally could be so catastrophic that we cannot even comprehend as of yet.

Seriously, we do need ET help on this one - who knows maybe we will be using ET help. If we don't have better technology then we all think we have, then we are definitely screwed - at least for a while until a better plan is in sight.

I'm going to work on a new chart, one that shows the currents of the ocean and how this will effect the world (I'll try and incorporate a time line in as well).

I'll get back to this thread once I've finished.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiteraryOneTwo
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

The worst way to attract followers to God is to use bad examples as a threat, a fear tactic, and a means to gain a following...Who are you kidding? At a time like this when some idiots are suggesting nukes to further compound the problem, you want to introduce fear of God by quoting scripture? Are you crazy or what?

Yes, sub robots similar to those that took videos of the Titanic are probably the most likely tool that could be used to plug this hole...but crying out to save souls at a time like this is plainly nonreligious! God have mercy on your soul! Get a grip, will you?>

Everyone has Free Will Choice in the decision and are able to choose one way or the other. That's why we will not try to force the Truth on to anyone.

“I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you today that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Choose life so that you and your descendants may live, love the LORD your God, obey Him, and remain faithful to Him. For He is your life, and He will prolong your life in the land the LORD swore to give to your fathers Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.” Deuteronomy 30:19-20

“But if it doesn't please you to worship the LORD, choose for yourselves today the one you will worship: the gods your fathers worshiped beyond the Euphrates River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living. As for me and my family, we will worship the LORD.” Joshua 24:15

“If you carefully obey My commands I am giving you today, to love the LORD your God and worship Him with all your heart and all your soul, I will provide rain for your land in season, the early and late rains, and you will harvest your grain, new wine, and oil. I will provide grass in your fields for your livestock. You will eat and be satisfied. Be careful that you are not enticed to turn aside, worship, and bow down to other gods. Then the LORD's anger will burn against you. He will close the sky, and there will be no rain; the land will not yield its produce, and you will perish quickly from the good land the LORD is giving you.” Deuteronomy 11:13-17

“This is how we are sure that we have come to know Him: by keeping His commands.” 1 John 2:3

Salvation - Kingdom Message Completed

Now, either you will accept or reject the Truth we have ministered to you. Since everyone should come to understand that actions result in consequences, we deliver the following warning. If you decide to refuse the truth, then you will know what is ahead--even if you reject that also, at this time. Later on, you will see our words come to life. If you accept the Truth now but are later tempted to cultivate negativity within your heart, then the warning we share might help to prevent that from happening.

Yahweh's Bitter-Sweet Warning to All People of The Earth

He that exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life. He that disobeys the Son will not see life. The Wrath of God remains upon him.

“The one who believes in the Son has eternal life, but the one who refuses to believe in the Son will not see life; instead, the wrath of God remains on him.” John 3:36

Once you have been given the Message of Truth, if you do not obey it you are exercising your Free Will choice. However, it will result in eternal death at the Judgment. Just as Satan and his angels cannot have free reign in creation - neither will it be permitted of those that exercise that choice. Your fate is upon your own head.

“Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of everyone's blood, for I did not shrink back from declaring to you the whole plan of God.” Acts 20:26-27

The above scripture reveals we will be clean from the blood of those who make the wrong choice. If you are so cultivated with negativity that you hear and know that what we speak is Truth and you continue to sin willfully by rejecting that Truth, then you will lose the Sacrificial Hope of Salvation. Time will eventually run out. Armageddon is the final Judgment Chapter.

“For if we deliberately sin after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins” Hebrews 10:26

"to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor, and the day of our God's vengeance..." Isaiah 61:2

"The tumult reaches to the ends of the earth because the LORD brings a case against the nations. He enters into judgment with all flesh. As for the wicked, He hands them over to the sword [This is] the LORD's declaration." Jeremiah 25:31

"I tell you that on the day of judgment people will have to account for every careless word they speak." Matthew 12:36

"When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you will surely die,' and you do not speak out to dissuade him from his ways, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood." Ezekiel 33:8

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

OK, but you don't have to pollute all the water, just water from costal area, dense fishing area, reproducting species area and it's done ! You just have to do it for 1%-5% of the world water supply !

We don't have access to water above 1000m... it would be a disaster for third world countries for sure... but it will still take some time

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
this is proper bad new`s for the area concerned but on a planetary scale does anybody think that the oil and gas inside the planet is there to fuel the earths core ? it would make sense for it to flow into the earths core for both fuel and lubrication reasons as well as recycling the surface waste ...any geologists help a confused brother out here ? where`s red adair these days ?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
reply to post by antonia

Im certain we would create a filter, move fish into lakes, make safe zones if the shtf

Must be American? I am too, but I am always amazed at how most Americans think we can make everything all safe and better! Including the Oceans? Reminds me of the lawsuit against a Florida town over a Shark Bite in the Atlantic Ocean. Somehow, some little town was supposed to make the entire Atlantic safe for Yankee tourists?

No. They can't make a "filter" to clean up millions of gallons of crude oil. They can't even figure out how to contain it or stop the leak so far. If it were that easy, there would be no story and no discussion.

No. They can't take Nemo and put him in a pretty little lake somewhere! We are talking about Gigantic Sperm Whales, literally billions and billions of fish and mammals and plankton world wide. Probably 75% of all living things on this Earth reside in the ocean! A large percentage of the world's population survives off food/sustenance/income from the Ocean. The Ocean is the largest CO2 scrubber and Oxygen producer. Kill it and you kill the Atmosphere. The Ocean is the driving engine behind the world's weather. Put an oily coating on it, and the entire world weather pattern changes. Ever see what the oil pool coating does to the water's temperature? It serves as a solar heater and it traps heat. Are you ready for 100 degree winters?

If the Ocean's die, the people die with them! I'm not saying this will all happen. But, if enough crude spills, and they can't stop the leak, and they can only contain so much for so long, and they haven't been successful yet. The Worst-Case Scenario is at least possible, maybe even probable!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terviseks

OK, but you don't have to pollute all the water, just water from costal area, dense fishing area, reproducting species area and it's done ! You just have to do it for 1%-5% of the world water supply !

OK, it'll still take 9,300 years to pollute 1%. Even if it takes a year to cap this thing, and it continues to leak at the very high rate of 25,000 barrels a day, it'll only affect 0.0001% of the oceans.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

DaddyBare, thanks for your input in this thread. It's good to see that someone has coherent, rational thoughts about this. I'm not bashing everyone else; I'm just saying that you need to realize that this is a science, and there are people who are working on it nonstop who have many years of experience in this. This is not an entirely unique situation. Equipment has failed before. Blowouts have happened before. People have lost there lives before in an industry that's still dangerous no matter how safe they or a company tries to make it. I hate BP, but they are very serious about safety. (Lack of safety is too expensive.)

Regarding the 5' pipe: Really? I've never seen 5' diameter drill pipe. More like 1'. The casing may be 5', that's easy enough to confuse I suppose. Maybe DaddyBare can chime in on that. An ROV from the Boa C is trying to activate the BOP right now. No luck yet.

They are trying to fab a pollution dome to cover the well head. That'll work pretty well once it's in place, there just has to be room for the ROVs to work under it.

As for the various ideas that everyone has come up with to stop the flow... Well, some are pretty interesting, others just aren't too well thought out. We can't blow it up. If you blow up a well that's releasing oil through a channel that can eventually be controlled, you run the risk of creating a flow that can never be controlled. The rock that caves in will leave too many channel to flow oil out. It may slow it, though.

Molten lead? As cool as it sounds, reeeally impractical. Still sounds cool.

Nukes? .......you have got to be kidding. Keep in mind that there are other wells and pipelines in the area. From the center of Mississippi Canyon Block 252 to the closest pipelines is less than two miles. Still want to nuke it?

MSRC has all of the spill response vessels from the Gulf of Mexico and the East Coast here to take care of the spill. No, it's not going to be enough. It will do some good, though.

Yes, it will be terrible for the environment. I'm sure that everyone realizes that. No, it's not the end of the world or the oceans. It's going to hurt the Gulf Coast for a long time, though.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by zeropistons]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Some of you hippies need to grow up and educate yourselves. If it wasn't for petroleum products you'd all still be living in caves. Maybe wood huts if you're lucky.

Society needs oil and oil producers so get over it.

[edit on 3/5/2010 by believer81]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Udo Hohnekamp Lux.
I have just now invited your president to call for European
surface-oil-sucking ships with capacities each of e.g. 640 m3/h =
15´000 m3/day (like the German NEUWERK) and even bigger Dutch
ones.
At the same time I have asked my chancellor to make that same
offer from her side

Don´t dispair. I think the crisis is manageable, although the
pollution of the beaches might have been prevented through
faster reaction.

We have had several severe oil spills in Europe, one of
70'000 to, but do not hear much about them any more.
Nature itself has a healing effect.

Thank you. I appreciate your effort, and I'm sure others do as well.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by Adonsa

-- Can submersibles hook up 5000 foot chains to the sunken rig to surface-pull it free of the hole? Are there any chains strong enough?

The ROV's don't have the muscle but they can attach cables and a surface vessel move the wreckage...

The ROVs would attach air bladders to the rig, then they'd be inflated with air. They can also pump air into the ballast tanks of the rig to help. However, at this depth I doubt they'll try to recover it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by believer81
Some of you hippies need to grow up and educate yourselves. If it wasn't for petroleum products you'd all still be living in caves. Maybe wood huts if you're lucky.

Petroleum has been used extensively for a century or so. It came along quite a bit after living in caves and wood huts fell out of common practice. Some of those hippies are right. We need to ween ourselves off of oil. It'll never happen entirely, of course. But slowly curbing it's use as a fuel would be good.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by internazionale
this is proper bad new`s for the area concerned but on a planetary scale does anybody think that the oil and gas inside the planet is there to fuel the earths core ? it would make sense for it to flow into the earths core for both fuel and lubrication reasons as well as recycling the surface waste ...any geologists help a confused brother out here ? where`s red adair these days ?

Earths core is over 5000km below your feet.

Hydrocarbons form in the lithosphere from organic matter hundreds of millions of years old. The lithosphere is no more than 70km deep.

Crude oil forms at temperatures approx < 100 C.

The core of Earth is over 4000 C.

Organic matter (plants and animals from hundreds of millions of years ago) do not exist that deep...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeropistons

Petroleum has been used extensively for a century or so. It came along quite a bit after living in caves and wood huts fell out of common practice. Some of those hippies are right. We need to ween ourselves off of oil. It'll never happen entirely, of course. But slowly curbing it's use as a fuel would be good.

I tend to exaggerate. My point being oil producers are a necessity. Not a "necessary evil."

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
And then again the greed to get more oil for the veins of a dying economy now poisons earths oceans. What a shame.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Contain the Upsurge: Free Oil

On May 3, 2010; 9:45 am, Raphial Morgado phoned and said:

It's going to take a long time to cap this at the source. Don't worry about that now. We need to figure out a way to turn a bad thing into good by harvesting the crude oil on the surface where it bubbles up. We should focus all our efforts on containing it there. Don't think of it as a clean up effort, think of it as a collecting effort. Bring all the tankers needed to pump it up. We can't allow this oil to float out into the wider sea. Invite all willing parties to come and pump it up: "free oil".

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

If it wasn't for petroleum products you'd all still be living in caves. Maybe wood huts if you're lucky.

Without coal, petroleum and natural gas we would deforest our lands in no time. Unless a clean, affordable yet profitable enough alternative is developed we're stuck. I'm afraid the gulf is screwed.

With one fifth of the industry out of production the price of seafood will go through the roof. It's not like they can switch production over to another area. Fishing is a highly regulated industry harvests are closely monitored. Too bad we're not as strict with the oil industry.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Can someone explain how this would get dispersed to all the world's oceans? It seems to me that it rises and tides push it into the Gulf Coast of the US.

Not trying to minimize this, this is incredibly damaging. We truly face the end of the US Gulf Coast as a source of food and recreation...period.

No matter what...this is frightening.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think the above writer is correct.

No way will this hole have a diameter of 5 feet. Somebody must
have misread feet for inch.

That would reduce the surface of the pipe´s circle to 1/144.

With 70,000 psi (pressure from core minus ocean head ?)
and only 800 to of oil spill now, it can certainly not be 5 feet wide.

I don´t think we have the technology to drill 1,5 km deep with
a 5 feet wide drill.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

This is great news!!!

For

Satan

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Janky Red]

any pain and misery is of satan. @comment

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>